CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:38 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well after 2 months I finally scraped up enough cash to get one. Does anyone know of a place that has them in stock and ready to ship. I would like to have it in the mail as soon as I can.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:08 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thanks Buckshot, August is a little too late for me, because I have hounds to train now. But you made my choice easier.

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:34 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

MSG Farley Ret. wrote:
Thanks Buckshot, August is a little too late for me, because I have hounds to train now. But you made my choice easier.

Sarge, how is Aug a little to late for you?.........It's fixing to be Nov., August has come and gone a couple months ago. LOL

Not Aug 2009 -- look back at the date of when the thread begin.

The collar kept being delayed before they actually were released.

They are on the market now.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:46 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I ordered ONE to be mailed out( AROUND ) Oct. 22 received a email Oct.23 its been delayed till Dec. 15. knowing this system would be wanted by most I paid upfront to be on one of the first shipped ( ##*%* ) list.now I can cancel my order get my $ 558.00 back and when ( IF ) I would reorder I would go to the end of the longest line!!!!! so they sit with my MONEY in their pocket it chapps my *@&^ that GARMIN would would say it would be out in SEPT. now its DEC. I fill GARMIN could have waited to announce a release date that could have been met.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:09 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

RunEmGunEm, I have seen suppliers on the different advertising they have them in stock and ready to ship out in the last week.

Try looking on the UKC, PKC, and Gun Dog forums at supplier ads.

It's possible that once all suppliers are sold out, there will be another big delay like last time.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:32 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

RunEmGunEm wrote:
I ordered ONE to be mailed out( AROUND ) Oct. 22 received a email Oct.23 its been delayed till Dec. 15. knowing this system would be wanted by most I paid upfront to be on one of the first shipped ( ##*%* ) list.now I can cancel my order get my $ 558.00 back and when ( IF ) I would reorder I would go to the end of the longest line!!!!! so they sit with my MONEY in their pocket it chapps my *@&^ that GARMIN would would say it would be out in SEPT. now its DEC. I fill GARMIN could have waited to announce a release date that could have been met.

Where did you order from. The lowest price i can find the whole unit is 600.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:29 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I talked to Steve at Gundogsupply.com and he said he has them ready to ship if anyone is looking for one. I ordered one yesterday I am hoping to receive it early next week to try it out.

Has anyone had any problems with these with radio interference from other sources. Like if a shock collar was being used.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:34 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Radio interference should not matter .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:22 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

BADKARMA wrote:
Radio interference should not matter .

The collar uses a radio signal to send the gps info to the hand unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

A VHF signal is not the same as what a shocker uses so it does not matter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:15 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Just thought yall might like to know, Sportsman's Warehouse, I believe, has these systems advertised in store for around $500. There is one located in Columbia S.C. off of I-26. I don't know if they have any other locations, or even a website.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs."

"When the going gets tough, the great ones party."

"Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows the fool."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have two DC 20s and One DC-30. The reception is better on the Dc-30 but it is still about a mile in range. It just loses reception less that the dc 20 while closer in. I think garmin is waiting until all the leaves fall to introduce this product in mass numbers. If you hunt year round, you will see less range and performance in the spring and summer.

I have tried to use the garmin in place of a quick track to carry with while I walk. I seem to always go back to truck to grab the tracker. I would like to get rid of the other tracker, but the gps is not reliable enough. I would not recommend if as a stand alone unit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:30 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Mine just came today and I spent about an hour messing with the settings and getting to know the features. I have the extra road and topo maps that my friend gave to me from his and it's definatly better with them.

Tommorow when the collar is charged and i have some time im gonna go test it out and see what i can get for range. I can pick up satalite signal under my roof in the house, and the collar can get signal through most of the house.

So far so good, i'll check back in with my distance tests in the woods and some fields.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:09 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Anyone considering one of these, go for it. The learning curve is a little high, it took about 2 hours to learn all the controls and settings.

But we went out for a few hours tonight. First night with the collar and it was great. I had a full signal in corn fields from 600 - 700 yards, there's no doubt it could have gone much much farther. It was nice seeing what he was doing from the jeep without having to follow him around.

And I saw him get up on the road on the other side of the field and was able to hollar to him as soon as it happened. Great product, and well worth the cash for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:38 pm 
IP:
If your dog sits down or stands while treeing will the system know if your dog is treeing. Also, somtimes my dog checks trees does it know the difference between standing on a tree and actually treeing on a tree

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next