CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:15 am 
IP:
I got mine just the other day. Haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet but i been practicing and studying what it can do. I tested it last night. Without the long range antenna, mine has a maximum range of .9 miles. WIth the long range antenna, mine has a maximum range of 1.5 miles. And this is just right here around the house. No steep ridges like where i hunt. :( There are a couple places that I'm going to stay away from that are some really really big blocks of woods with no roads going in.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:07 am 
IP:
The Garmin Changes EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!! I don't know if it makes that big of a difference to everyone but to me, this thing is PRICELESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will allow me to hunt places that i normally wouldn't even hunt because of roads, houses, bad swamps, etc. It makes choosing where to turn loose easier, knowing what the dog is doing easier, walking to the dog easier, getting back to the truck easier, training young dogs easier, starting pups easier, breaking dogs off junk easier, and so on. LOL LOL And the wonder of it all is that it doesn't even cost any more than regular ole beep beep tracking system !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8