CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:55 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

a buddy of me has these tracker flash lights. It is extremely bright. Im going to buy some but im buying mine from Nite Lite. They have a buy 3for12.95 deal going on. Thats a deal.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:07 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Tom,
I'm very sorry you are upset and I did not say we know there is a problem with the strap guides, but that the people that have had problems are putting them on a strap not intended for use. Please do not twist my words.

Also, there are thousands of these lights out there and very few people have complained about the guides breaking (I've talked to 3, including you). So, 3 out of several thousand would probably not be enough for a recall. I'm very very sorry yours was ripped off and lost, but hopefully you can understand why we cannot replace a lost item.

I will certainly tell my boss about your situation even though you had no interest in speaking with them about it. I realize you are upset, but I really tried to do everything I could for you to remedy your problem and I feel like you were unwilling to work with me. If I can do anything else for you please let me know.
Jen

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: jen
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:52 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

sorry i thought i just repeated what you had said , i have always delt with you jen , what you told me i am sure was sent down from your boss there for i felt there was no need to talk to anyone else possibly makeing things just worse than they are... i have used the other tracker stuff and like it..... but the flasher has a problem that i am sure can and will be fixed ..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I received two of these in July and have waited to respond to this thread until I could give an accurate assessment of the product. Over the past 3.5 months of use I have had NO problems at all. Not saying something couldn't go wrong, but so far so good. They are very bright and have never failed to work for me yet.

Over a long period of time and many nights of use I can see where they could eventually wear out, but when installed on the proper sized collar they have proven very durable for me hunting in very thick conditions. I still haven't replaced the original batteries that came in them, but can tell they are a bit dimmer than they were new.

If you are looking to combine extreme safety and training visibility to your hounds this is a very smart and cheap insurance policy.

[note] For best results of seeing the light(especially on a road) install at the top of the dogs neck.

"FCH GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' VINING RUNNIN BULLET"
"GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' TWIN SPRINGS' RUNNIN BULLET II"

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: lights
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have 6 of these collar lights and they do work very well, the lens caps are scaring a little from the brush and that kinda dims them a little but not bad, I have all red ones so maybe another color would be better after the brush marks the lens up, I dont know , so far no trouble with the collar mount breaking , I installed them on my strike collars and ran the antana thru the same slot that the collar strap goes thru ,it did make them fit tight but for me tight is better than loose and I can't see the rubber splitting or cracking nowhere , maybe time will take its toll I don't know, I have only used them a couple months but so far I'am a satisfied customer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We have a green one and love it!! like how it has rubber to keep it from sliding on the collar. . . but wish it was made out of metal instead of plastic but it should be good for starting dogs so they can all see each other. . . also it shoots a beam of light about 20 feet in the air so if ya cant see the dog you can see the unusually colored tree branches by the way great invention!!

Post subject: Re: Tracker flash
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:08 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have to say these lights are great, just dont look at them when you turn them on you will see spots, I have had mine about a week now and it is great to be able to see what my pup is up to when she is supposed to be hunting. I originaly got a light for her because she is young and pretty quiet on the trail the first night I put it on her though she had no problem letting me know where she was, and it looks like the police are driving thought the woods.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:07 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

What size of a collar is ment for these lights? I am looking on buying 3 of them and want to know a collar size before I buy them. Thanks

'PR' KlearWater Kate

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:30 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

They fit right on the 1" dayglo style collars.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:49 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ok thanks buckshot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:06 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

its a great product i like them i will be ordering more my only complaint is that they are almost to bright especially when hunting a pup that stays close and you have your lights out kinda hurts your eyes and if you have it on the strobe look out lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:32 am 
IP:
i love em, bought a blue one a while ago, working like a charm, havent never had any trouble out of it yet!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:24 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

the only problem i have with them is that i cant get them on the top of the dogs neck. i use center ring collars (roll over collars) and the ring stays at the top center on the dogs neck. so the light stays off to one side. same with my tracking collars,the buckle stays in the center top.and my garmin the gps block stays at the top center.other then that i like em fine.so far...................TC