CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tracker flash
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Anyone use this new light for your dog ?What do you like/disslike about it?I just ordered one might buy more if i like it. Thanks

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:07 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Nobody has them, they are preorder only. I believe Jen told me that they would be shipped around the first week of August. When I get mine I will do a review for it including photos at different distance agenst backgrounds so you can gauge how bright they are. Look for it.

I do know that Tracker does not put out bad stuff and they fully support what they sell. I am looking forward to it. My only thought is brightness. Other lights have 3 leds and this has one. But one big led is brighter than 3 others. The light on top of the neck is better than below also.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

As soon as I get mine, I will post the scoop. It may not be as good a review right now, because there is so much foliage. This fall will be a better time to compare apples to apples.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:27 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Tim you are correct about the foliage however that is where color choice comes in. Take each color and see what color blends with green the most and do not use it. My thoughts are green, red and blue are bad for right now as all come from the source green. I chose the amber.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:24 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I just wanted to let everyone know that we are going to start shipping the FLASH early! We started shipping pre-orders today and anyone who has placed their order should receive their FLASH by about Tuesday 7/29 at the latest.

Anyone that places an order from this point forward will have their order shipped immediately. We are still accepting orders as "pre-orders" until August 1st which will qualify for FREE SHIPPING!!!

If you have any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask!

Jen

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I wanted to let everyone know that I've talked to a few gentlemen today that had received their FLASH. They were calling to order more and say how much they liked them. One guy is in Shelby, Ohio and said he runs near a UPS hub. With the trucks running at all hours he said this light was the only way he could afford to outfit all of his dogs with a good safety light.

Another guy I spoke with said he hadn't tried them out in the field yet, but he turned on his blue one and could not believe how bright it was, even in the daylight. He said he's excited to use them because he'll be able to see which of his dogs are leading.

Place your order soon while we are still offering the free shipping. After August 1st, it will be an extra $5.50 on top of the price for the FLASH.

Thanks to all those who've ordered them already, I think a lot of people have received them today and will tomorrow!
-Jen

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:08 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Mine came, Thanks Jen. Initially I like 1. The extra battery 2. Jen's right the light is bright even during the day 3. It's very light. Dogs won't even know it's added 4. ease at which you can go from flashing to steady light 5. looks durable. The next week will be pretty busy but I should get it out in the field towards the end of the week. The Flash looks like a very solid addition to Trackers product line. Paul Conway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks for the initial feedback Paul, I'm glad to hear you are happy with it so far!
-Jen

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:43 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ours came last week, and we took the hound out saturday and i like it!! real bright!!, i put in right on top of our shocking collar, right on top of the reciever bewtween the receiver and the collar.. fits nice and light, and bright,..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Just got back in from my test run. First off, it is a very good set up and can be seen for a good distance. I am not sure, but it may have already saved a dog. I was not sure where my dog was that was wearing my blue one. But, there is a county blacktop about 3/8 of a mile from where I cut. I could here a pickup coming down the blacktop and it came to a screaching halt. Then, I heard it take off, chirping its tires. I got out my TRACKER, and he was off in that direction. One piece of advice, during this summer hunting with all the lighting bugs, I would discourage using the blue or the green. The lighting bugs were blinking everywhere and it was a little hard to tell the difference from a distance. Overall, TWO THUMBS UP!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:27 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm glad to hear you liked them Tim! I will keep the lightning bug thing in mind when I talk to customers too. I never would have thought of it before.

-Jen

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:34 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Got two flashes in Saturday one Blue one red used them last night and like them very much The Blue can be seen better than the red( by me anyway)
but both are plenty bright. A good product at a good price

Post subject: flash
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

WELL I BOUGHT ONE, IT LASTED ONE WEEK BEFORE IT GOT TORN OFF AND LOST COON HUNTING, THE COLLAR LOOPS DIDNT LOOK TO TOUGH WHEN I RECIEVED IT AND I WAS RIGHT... I CALLED AND TALKED TO TRACKER ABOUT IT [ NOT JEN ] WITH NOT MUCH RESPONCE.. O THE GAL DID SAY IT STAYED ON THERE FOR A WEEK OF HUNTING... DA WRONG ANSWER.$$25.OO SHOT.. THE WARNING LABEL DID SAY MADE IN CHINA.......TOM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:43 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Tom,
I'm sorry the light did not hold up for you. I don't know who you talked to when you called because that does not sound like a response that would come from someone here (but I definitely could be wrong).

The collar guides have become a sensitive issue because a few came to our guys that were at Autumn Oaks that were broken and it was very obvious that they were put onto a strap that was too big or too thick to be used with the guide. So, they had been stretched out before finally breaking. I would suggest you give us a call back and I can put you in touch with the right person. We certainly don't want any upset customers. Like I said, I'm not sure who you spoke with before, but we don't treat people like that and I'm sorry if that was the service you received.
Jen

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: JEN
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:45 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

MY FAULT NOT YOURS, I SHOULD OF SENT IT BACK THE DAY I GOT IT AFTER I SEEN THE COLLAR STRAPS WERE NOT VERY TOUGH LOOKING. BUT I WENT AHEAD AND USED IT.. SEEMS TO ME THOUGH TRACKER WOULD RECALL OR DO SOMETHING KNOWING THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH THE COLLAR STRAPES..........TOM

Last edited by wingpatch on Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.