CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:25 pm 
IP:
I have very bad news. Clyde was ran over and killed on the road this morning. I was roading him along with a couple of other young hounds when they struck something and headed down over the ridge. There is a black topped two lane road about a quarter of a mile from where I was. The other two dogs came back after just a few minutes but Clyde did not. I was getting a good signal on him and he was not moving after being called several times. I found him lying on the side of the road. He was injured beyond repair and had to be put down. Unfortunately this will end this project and a very promising career for a very nice young hound.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Sorry to hear ...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:49 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Sorry to hear about Clyde. He had come so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:43 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Really sorry to hear that LCK. I'm sure it was hard to take.... I know it is for me. I haven't had that happen in a long time, been trying to stay as far from the road as possible but sometimes you just don't have no control over what happens. It killed me to see my dog get run over a long time ago. I had him for 3 years and I about stood there and cried. Seriously.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Sorry to hear about Clyde - I was following this project pretty closely to help with the two dogs I am training right now. we lost a dog first time out this season to a car as well. It's always a hard thing to loose a dog like that - but at least he was out hunting and not laid up in some kennel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

sorry about your dog. i hope when you are ready you can try your project again. it was so helpful to so many.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:23 pm 
IP:
I am most certainly going to continue with this project. I have a real nice pup that will fit right in I hope. She is a lot younger than Clyde and has not been started in hunt training at all. She has been doing all the pre hunt training stuff to date. Riding in the box, outings in the daytime, leash work etc. I will introduce her in a few days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I think this is the best idea yet . It will help so many people who are trying to do their dogs the right way and there cought up in so many people telling them diffrent traits. GREAT :idea:

redtickrule 8)

Srry about clyde

Post subject: Sorry
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sorry to hear about Clyde. Sure glad to hear your'e gonna continue though. I look at this post every night hoping you've added more. I am working on a 2 yr. old, a 9 month old and have a couple of 4 month so I look for all the help I can get. So once again Sorry to hear about Clyde , and also Thanks for the post.

Corey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:59 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Sorry to hear about Clyde. I'm glad to hear that you are going to keep this project going. I'm learning alot about training coondogs from you. I have trained and hunted beagles for about 21 years, boy is it different to train coondogs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:43 am 
IP:
I sure do appreciate all of the kind encouragement you all are offering me. It helps a lot. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sure am sorry to hear about ol' Clyde. Never had it happen to me yet, it would have to be very tough. I'm glad that you will be continuing this training with another pup. It has been very interesting and informative to read your opinions and of your experiences. Good luck.Phil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:37 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I am sorry to here about Clyde. I had a blue female that I absolutely loved and was started good just like Clyde to get hit. It took me close to a year to get another hound, but things like that happen. She looked a lot like the young blue dog you have a pic. I hope to get another one some day. I am really excited about this project. I enjoy working with hounds, especially training them. I had e-mailed you about some training advice a while back, on a walker female, and the advice you gave me she is now running and treeing by herself and spliting from other dogs and having the meat. So thank you again for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:37 am 
IP:
country-girl-coonin' wrote:
I am sorry to here about Clyde. I had a blue female that I absolutely loved and was started good just like Clyde to get hit. It took me close to a year to get another hound, but things like that happen. She looked a lot like the young blue dog you have a pic. I hope to get another one some day. I am really excited about this project. I enjoy working with hounds, especially training them. I had e-mailed you about some training advice a while back, on a walker female, and the advice you gave me she is now running and treeing by herself and spliting from other dogs and having the meat. So thank you again for the advice.

Thank you for the feedback. I am very happy to hear your dog is doing well. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:09 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

LCK I am very sorry to hear about clyde. I know what he meant to you and your program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:39 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

LCK, I know I have posted several questions on training pups and I'm sure you get kind of frustrated at me asking such dumb questions. lol, but I want to say that I've read every post on this project that you have been working on. I've learned a lot on how to manage dogs from jumping up on you while tring to feed them, aggressivness toward other dogs, trash breaking, and so forth. I really like how you ask "what do I do next?" even though you know what to do. I've learned alot from all the other statments that folks have made. What I'm getting at is, walking through the training process in REAL TIME, has made more since to me than anything that I've read on dog training. It has made the Walk With Wick vol. 1 book come to life for me. I know that many people know how to train/handle pups from a real young age to real old age and then again some do not. Walking through this process has brought a lot of diff. training tech. in the open for people to discuss and debate and CHOOSE the correct and logical way for the fastest but BEST outcome for the pup's future. I know I said a lot, but I wanted to thank you for this. You have taken a lot of time where you didn't have to. That which has helped and many others along the way. Again, thank you and I can't wait to see what you've got up you sleeve next!!!

fellow coonhunter in alabama,
Billy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next