CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 22 magnum reviews
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:05 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Ok I've had a marlin 22 mag with 7 round clip in bolt action really didn't like they way the clips stuck out.

Just got done borrowing a Remington 597 magnum the gun was built good and short enough but the clips were junk any more than three rounds and it would jam.

Buddy of mine has a ruger 10/22 magnum and loves it but they are hard to find and pretty high even used for a truck gun.

So I was wondering what you guys thought about other 22 mags and I think I'm going to go with the Henry next. Thanks

Outdoor Hub mobile,

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: 22 magnum reviews
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:29 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a marlin and I like it but your right the clips do hang out. I used to have a Winchester model 250 that was a lever action tube fed magnum it was nice but not to accurate

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a New England Arms single shot 22 mag with a 4 power Simmons shotgun scope. The gun is real short, real light, and real accurate. Black synthetic stock shows no wear and I've really misused this rifle over the years. I carry it with a sling across my back and it's no bother. The shotgun scope has a wider field of view and seems to gather more of the artificial light at night.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Another guy I work with has a single shot and loves it but I'd rather have more shots we can shoot hogs and coyotes on wmas during small game season with small game calibers

Outdoor Hub mobile,

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well got the henry so far I love it shoots great carries pretty well the rear sight needs to be changed to a peep or scope on it but other than that its my favorite so far out the door tax and box of shells was 400

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:39 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

check out the savage .22 mags...good quality guns

Roxi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:50 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a winchester model 94-22m lever gun. Open sights cowboy type and is dead accurate. Have shot a swimming muskrat at 100 yrds in the head with open sights. Not luck it is just that accurate.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Got a 702 mossberg .22 semi auto with a red dot site. Had it for 5 years cleaned it 3-4 times out of then 5 years. Doesn't jam or mess up. Shoot them remington thunder bolts(or the ones that ain't hollow point) n it will fire as fast as u can pull the trigger. I beat the crap out of this gun n had yet to fail. Knock more coon out than most .22s. Looks kinda goofy but lite to carry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Henry makes the best one IMO I've got others but Henry is the most reliable js

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:35 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have an older Marlin 783 with 13 round tube magazine and 4x9 20mm scope I bought back in the early seventies. The stock is fancy walnut Monte Carlo style with white line spacers between butt plate and stock, deep, pressed checkering on the pistol grip and forestock. It was a package deal I got from Sears including the Tasco scope, sling swivels and leather sling. I think I paid between $115 and $125 back then and it has been well worth the money. It has been fired 1,000's of times with every kind of .22 mag imaginable I used it, all my 5 kids used it, I even loaned it to my brother until he was talked into buying a stainless Ruger Mdl 77 in .22 mag. Why he spent over 6 bills for that Ruger when it isn't any more accurate than my old Marlin is beyond me. The only scratches on my Marlin are from the brass hardware of the leather sling and no matter what anybody says about Tasco optics, that old scope on my gun still zeros the rounds where i want to put them. I would recommend any tube fed Marlin in .22 or .22 mag. In my opinion the older ones are better looking than the newer ones, but I think my bias toward wood stocks and probably the better grade of wood used for Marlin and Glenfield stocks back in the 70's and earlier is the only reason for that, thoug I haven't been privileged to shoot any of the newer lines of Marlins.