M-16 22%  22%  [ 18 ]
M-4 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 83
 Post subject: Military Rifles
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 7:47 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I am currently in the military and I can tell you for the most part that the M4 and M16 are pieces of crap. They jam often, the accesories don't work half the time, and and the break easily. They are telling us that the new XM series of weapons are supposed to be out soon and they are supposed to be almost indestructable and never jam, but I'll believe it when I see it. There is a common saying in the military between soldiers when something breaks, it goes: "there's that lowest bidder working out for ya", because most everything the military uses is manufactured by the lowest bidding company. I am a 240B machine gunner and it is a pretty effective weapon. The AK-47 is the most durable when it comes to not jamming, but its accuracy is horrible, splitting the flash suppressor helps, but only a little.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

it is true the armt buys from the cheapest bidder but as another 240b machine gunner that is in iraq there are good and bad to everything and some soldiers beat the crap out of any thing that they didnt buy with there money and is partly why some of the eqiupment braeks and no matter how good some gear is there is a way to break it if you dont think so give a few to gi's and see what you get back in 6 months in the field no matter how good a piece of gear is you lose as well as gain and nothing is perfect

Post subject: Military rifles
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 3:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Very true, I agree with you 100%, but the M4 or M16 can't stand no where near the beating an AK-47 can. It is true that any GI (especially infantry ones) can turn a tank into scrap metal if they stay out in the field long enough with it. My point is if they are going to put us in the sand, make equipment that can handle it and it wouldn't hurt to take a few luxaries while making them every now and again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:16 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

even though it would be nice to have a few luxuries the army is worried about cost try and give a luxurious weapon to half a million troops it cost billions and it comes out of taxes so there is only so much there going to do about it realisticaly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:11 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

What I think should happen is when you go into the military, you will be issued a weapon and it's yours to keep and take home and the government would send you ammo once a year so you could keep your skills up.
When I'm king, that's what will happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 9:33 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i voted for the Garand, but id reallyrather have a Remington 700 in 30-06 Springfied with a sniper scope on it, ONE SHOT, ONE KILL!

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!

www.myspace.com/spikebrannon

"Thier just dogs, once you learn that you'll be better off. Everytime you turn em loose theres always that chance that you'll never seee them again, for one reason or another"

words from a wise man, my dad.

if you dont like the weather in Alabama, just wait a few minutes..

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:59 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i don't have a favorite. i well say something about government buying low bidder. buyers can make exceptions and go to the next higher bidder and frequently do. buyers frequently issue bid requests to only selected companies and give extra credit to long time manufactureers of an item being bought. even in a worse case situation, the low bidder must meet the specifications, supplied by the government. they must past a first article test which is specified by the buyer and engineers. i have been a defense contractor and know first hand how difficult it is to pass a first article test. and then you have the follow up test done at dertain intervals in a production run. and then you have the government inspector living in the factory. they spent their lives looking for anything wrong. and then you have visiting buying command officers that like to come by for a visit to just look around. they like to look at what they're buying. they are usually an end user and they've all heard about low bidders. they look close. they take their jobs seriously and so did we. believe me, the stuff the government buys is the best for the money and it satisfies the need. no commericial company can afford to offer anything more than what is specified. they couldn't stay in business if they did.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:18 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

m16 A4. do contest

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:54 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

What you guys haven't mentionaed the FAL! Or jesus what about the galil? These are weapons that can best any aluminum framed contestant that Fabrique Nationale can make. These weapons were basically born for use in the middle east. And I would take A BAR before I took M-16. The AK-47 is hands down the most popular and one the toughest. But go to battlerifles.com and you will see that the FAL is one bad a** mother. What about the H&K 91 and 93 these are reliable, accurate weapons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My vote was for the M-14. I was a competition rifle shooter in the Army back in the mid seventies, and the M14 was the gun of the day, and was for many years. The 7.62x51 mm cartridge is none other than the .308, which is one of the best all around deer cartriges ever invented, at least for Eastern conditions. I was also in the National Guard for many years, and never really cared for M16's all that much. Many guys lost their lives in Vietnam because those early 16's jammed up frequently and were finicky. Grnted, the 14 was a heavy rifle with a wooden stock, but itremained, in one form or another, the military's choice for sniper rifles for many years after the 16 came out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

none the 03-A3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i have a m1 garand wwII era and i love it, but i bought a new springfield m14 and if i was in a war zone there is nothing else i would carry. garand action rifles nothing tops them.

Post subject: post subject
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:01 pm 
IP:
The M1 IS OLD i THINK IT WAS USED IN THE 2ND WORLD WAR AND
THAT IS WHAT I USED IN THE 50TH. Then came the M16 I think it
been a long time ago that I was there. Lonnie Woodcox

Post subject: the ak 47
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:03 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

is the best military gun ever more countries use and more people have died to the ak 47 than any other military rifle. the ak is darn near indestructible and it takes a little motor oil to keep it clean it takes 4 hours for a solder to learn all the parts it takes on averag of 30 hour for solders to learn all the parts on a m-16.

and snip snap....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:15 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

IDK id say a m-16

'PR' ROCKEY RIVER DUKE (WALKER)
__________PRESENT_________________
'PR' ROCKEY RIVER KATIE (WALKER)
'PR' ROCKEY RIVER BLACK JACK ATK (WALKER)
'PR' STACK'EM UP JILL (REDTICK)
LIFE TIME MEMBER OF THE FFA