CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 22. cricket?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i was wondering if any of you guys hunt with a cricket or a chipmunk and if u guys think it is a good gun to coon hunt with because im looking to get one this weekend... do they hold up? accurate??

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:06 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I have a crickett,been using it for several years.I have no complaints

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:08 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I just bought one for my 6 year old a few weeks ago. I haven't had a chance to fire it yet, but it appears to be a well made gun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:10 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

thats good news... yeah we went and chekced them out the other weekend and they look to be a solid and very light gun.. i like the one hand ability to shoot it while u use your other hand for the spot light...

thanks guys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:20 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Ive found the easiest way to carry mine is in a spare tracking ant. case
Fits in a QT case just perfect

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:35 pm 
IP:
Cricket is a neat little gun. I used one for a couple of years with a Red Dot scope. Deadly little combo at night. The only problem was loading with cold fingers. Tight quarters.

I started using the Rossi Youth with the Red Dot and have been pleased. Not much difference in weight. Much easier to use, accurate, and overall a better quality firearm. JMHO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:43 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

hopm wrote:
Cricket is a neat little gun. I used one for a couple of years with a Red Dot scope. Deadly little combo at night. The only problem was loading with cold fingers. Tight quarters.

I started using the Rossi Youth with the Red Dot and have been pleased. Not much difference in weight. Much easier to use, accurate, and overall a better quality firearm. JMHO

oh yeah i can understand that one!!! lol i just have been using a ruger 22 automatic and i meen its a very acurate nice gun not to complantive about the wait its just the stock hits me in the back all night and it really buggs the crap outa me.. and when i shine and shoot i have to use both hands on the gun and the light... just seems easier with a smaller gun... but i defently get your point.. that small single action with cold fingers haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:40 am 
IP:
Just dont forget to carry the safety key with you. I've already went out and accidentaly pushed the lock closed and did'nt have the key to unlock it. Other than that its a great gun and great for kids to learn with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:54 am 
IP:
jaw wrote:
Just dont forget to carry the safety key with you. I've already went out and accidentaly pushed the lock closed and did'nt have the key to unlock it. Other than that its a great gun and great for kids to learn with.

I just drilled it out. No problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:56 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

jaw wrote:

mines an older model,dont have that crap on it

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:30 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

yeah ... i will probly keep the key on me along with the extra bulb and the super glue and all that... im gonna beat the gun to death probly becuase of the coon hunting.. i really hope to get some good usage and years out of it... and about that RED DOT scope doesnt the dot seem to sort of dim when u shine the light on the coon and look through it or no?? jw and thanks for the info guys!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:50 pm 
IP:
If you can get your hands on the chipmonk, your better off. Iv owned them both still own the chipmonk the bolt and bolt carrier are much stronger on the chipmonk. i wore my cricket out in one year, granted i used it for more then just coon hunting. The chipmonk is 8 years old and still going strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:57 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ivegotthecooninitch wrote:
If you can get your hands on the chipmonk, your better off. Iv owned them both still own the chipmonk the bolt and bolt carrier are much stronger on the chipmonk. i wore my cricket out in one year, granted i used it for more then just coon hunting. The chipmonk is 8 years old and still going strong.

yeah... they were having a sale on them down the road from my house soo i was chekcin them out.. i will take a gander at the chipmunk then to. and yeah i beleive you because my cousing has a chipmunk and i beleive that thing is older than me ... or atleast as old as me.. ive shot it when i was little... and they still have it its all beatin up but still goes just fine!!

and thanks for that tip i will defently check them out saturday!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:17 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well i got the crickett last night and had a whole heep of trouble sighting it in but i got it down this morning and it seems to be a nice gun.. i think im gonna really like it.. but .. mine doesnt have a safety lock on it.. like some of you guys said.. soo thats good..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:12 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ive got one and for a kid or a trapping basket or atv, its great but just coon hunting get something with a clip.