CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:10 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

if there goin over, make it so that the tops are sloped in towards the center to the pen with chain link, another wo sides and some spare link will make it look better, that way, they fall back into the pen, if there digging and your tired of it, either take quick-krete and put it where there digging and then wet it and let it set (whick i done in front of the gate, so that it wouldnt be muddy, but it aint raind so i dont know if it works, and because my pup was makin an escape, i cured it rather fast...) or take chain link and put it on the ground and fasten it to the sides, going all the way across in both directions....

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!

www.myspace.com/spikebrannon

"Thier just dogs, once you learn that you'll be better off. Everytime you turn em loose theres always that chance that you'll never seee them again, for one reason or another"

words from a wise man, my dad.

if you dont like the weather in Alabama, just wait a few minutes..

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:36 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i have a 50 x 50 5 ft high fenced in "area" in the back...i let them run loose except for when i have one in heat i have a tie out...i have a male who if not chained down he is GONEEEEEEEEE...my female dog has never knock on wood offered to leave under or over even the holes i havent filled in yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:00 pm 
IP:
Susie wrote:
Calkins wrote:
I had a problem with an older female that I had kept getting out. I put a chain on the dog house inside of the kennel and attached her to it.

Your lucky that dog didnt hang herself!!! I saw that happen once when my dad raised Blueticks!! Either Tie her up outside the kennel.. or raise the height of your kennel.... or... what i did for my diggers.... is.... run electric fence around the inside of the kennel about 6 inches off the ground.. didnt have any problems with it after that. :wink:
i Agree 100% or you can do like my uncle did and that its burry a chain link fence under your pen and cover the top

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:29 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Curs are insane when it comes to getting out of a kennel and it don't matter how tall your kennel is. I had to put a roof over the kennel to get them to stay in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:22 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I used the electric livstock fench as well! It works great! They won't get close to the fench anymore! They stay about 12" away from all sides!!
Kevin Baden

Post subject: THE GREAT ESCAPE
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:19 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

ALL OF MY HOUNDS "BROKE OUT", AND ESCAPED AT THE SAME TIME LAST MARCH. DON'T KNOW HOW THEY DID IT !?! IT WAS A LITTLE WINDY THAT DAY. MAY HAVE HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT ?? :roll:

ANCHOR UM DOWN BOYS !!

DNA-P GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS DOG NAMED HORSE, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BLUE CORKY, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BLUE SARGE, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BLUE DOG TIMBER JACK, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BLU SHADOW, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS ATCHAFALAYA MAGGIE, GRCH "PR" GALLOWAY'S BLUE INDIAN BETTY, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK BL DEE DEE, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS NORTHERN OUTLAW LADY, GRCH "PR" GATEWOODS BIG CREEK MS DAISY

http://www.myspace.com/bigcreekblueticks

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:27 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

dogs dont tri to get out if you take care of them the only reason a dog tries to get out they arnt happy about something
so before you hang the dog or shock the dog put your self in the kennal and see how you like
it want take long

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:34 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i just lost a pup because he hung himself i guess i should have read this thread first

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:39 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

The hot wire is a bad option IMO.Especially if you live in country that has a lot fences where you will be hunting your dogs.I saw a young dog get ruined because of the hot wire in the kennel trick.Everytime he came to a fence he stopped.He would not cross it or go under it no matter what.In that dogs mind,fences were very evil and to be avoided!Thats not something I would want to instill in a young dog...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:00 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I COVERED THE TOP WITH 2X4 WELDED WIRE SIT IT ON CINDER BLOCKS BURIED IN GROUND

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Bury u some wire about 3 inches under the dirt for diggers and put some chicken wire on top of the kennel for climbers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 pm 
IP:
hot wire around the top welded wire under the kennel no more problem

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

THE ONLY THING THAT I SEE WRONG WITH THE ELECTRICITY IS THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF CATTLE HERE WHERE I HUNT IN SOUTH ALABAMA AND IF THEY GET HIT WITH IT THEY WONT CROSS IN WHEN WHEN IN THE FIELD... CAUSE ONCE A DOG GETS SHOCKED ENOUGH THEY KNOW WHEN A WIRE IS HOT....

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

To keep mine from climbing out we got some hog panels from Tractor supply and zip-tied them onto the roof, cut off anything sticking out. Real quick and easy.

http://www.freewebs.com/huntcurs

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:02 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

use hog panel inside of the pen they cant chew threw them and that guarnted ive got a dog that will escape out of a brick ##*%* house. i know a guy that had a dog that would chew out and he hook a eletric fence box to the pen just remember to unplug it before entering te pen or it wont take you long to start remember to unplug it lets put it this way te dog stopped chewing on the pen.