CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

HELP I live in the city and cant keep dogs quiet. the city i live in only allows 2 dogs per house and i have 7. has anyone ever had problems getting a kennel license?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:12 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

usually they won't issue a kennel license within city limits.............TC :cry: :( get you some good no bark collars and hope for the best. look under the product forum for info on which ones to buy though. i wasted $300 on what i thought were the top brand. i was oh so wrong. :x .........TC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the collars work on most of them. im still trying to get the city to let me keep my dogs. i asked my neighbors last night and only one out of eight said my dogs barked none stop. i didnt know if anyone had tryed to get a kennle licens in the city or if they had any ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:00 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

utahsblackdogs wrote:
i asked my neighbors last night and only one out of eight said my dogs barked none stop.

Doesnt matter.
It only takes one dog or one neighbor to get you in a pickle.
And I assure you,ya dont want the city to come down on you for your dogs.
You'll pay fines,and they'll pay with their lives in alot of cases I do believe.

Saint and Ticket

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:31 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

They can kick you out of town, you can lose your house and your drivers license. Is it worth it to have a cop on you ##*%* all of the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:40 am 
IP:
utahsblackdogs wrote:
the collars work on most of them. im still trying to get the city to let me keep my dogs. i asked my neighbors last night and only one out of eight said my dogs barked none stop. i didnt know if anyone had tryed to get a kennle licens in the city or if they had any ideas.

I have a kennel license in city limits. In Helena, if you have 3 or more pets you need to have one. I have NEVER claimed my cats, though technically you have to.
Here's how you get one here:

All animals must be current on their rabies shots, as administered by a veterinarian.
With those vaccination records you get all animals their city license.
Then you go to the city-county bureau (or your equivalent) to pick up a kennel license application.
On this application you are required to get signatures from 4 neighbors (in different houses), with 2 of the signatures being your immediate next door neighbors.
Send your application in.
Animal control pays a visit to your home. If your dogs are indoor dogs there should be no problem (7 dogs... you better have a clean house!).
If the dogs are outdoor dogs you'll need a nice kennel set-up with plenty of fresh water, shade, and probably dog houses. If you have 7 dogs you'll be under close scrutiny. Animal control does the paperwork saying you're approved.
Every year you need to re-update the city license on each dog and re-update your kennel license. I pay 15 bucks for each dog's city license and 50 bucks for the kennel license per year.
If you have neighbors start to complain about barking, expect your license to be revoked. Bark collars are oh so important if you have barking dogs! I am extremely careful about my license, because with 4 dogs (and no money to move), it's like gold to me.

I got my current cat from the Humane Society after it was taken out of a home that didn't have a kennel license. They will take your pets.

That's how Helena does it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:30 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thank you that is very helpful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:28 pm 
IP:
i had to get ride of a black and tan cause she barked all night and one little old woman called the cops every day. its a pain and most cops dont care if its a 800 dollar dog or a 8 dollar one. buy a good bark collar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:41 am 
IP:
I'm not one to call the cops on barking dogs. I would go to the owner and let them know about the problem and offer the suggestion of a bark collar. Never had to do that yet. I'd sure hope somebody would tell me if my dogs were barking when I was at work. Occasionally I go up to my neighbors and ask them if there have been any problems with my dogs; it's a good way to keep the communication open and also shows that I'm trying to be a considerate neighbor.

No, there is no difference between an 800 dollar dog and a 1 dollar dog if it is a nuisance.

There's one dog on my street who's owner I almost talked to. That dog was a horrible barker. I don't have air conditioning and there were days when it was 95 degrees out and I'd have to shut all my windows so I could study for school because that obnoxious dog wouldn't stop barking for hours.

It really is all just about being a good neighbor.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:03 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

WELL I LIVE JUST OUTSIDE CITY LIMITS AND CAN THROW A ROCK AND HIT THE SIGN SO TO SPEAK... MAYBE I AM QUARTER OF A MILE OUT FROM IT AND MY NEIGHBORS HAD A PROBLEM AND I WORK AT THE COUNTY SHERRIFFS DEPT AND THE SHERRIFF AND HIM ARE BUDDIES AND I HAD A GYP THAT BARKED ALOT AND HE CAME TO ME AND TOLD ME NOW I HAVE SINCE GOT RID OF HER BUT I WAS ASKED TO DO SOMETHING AND DID TO KEEP PEACE BUT IF CITY LIMITS IS EXPANDED THEN I GUESS I WILL BE GRANDFATHERED IN AS I WILL ALWAYS HAVE MY HOUNDS AND FROM WHAT I GATHER AS LONG AS YOU HAVE THEM AND KEEP THEM THIS MAY NOT BE AN ISSUE FOR ME I HOPE BUT I HAVE NOW GOT SOME QUITER DOGS IN THE YARD SINCE SHE IS GONE

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:39 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I got around the CITY ISSUE.Find out your county laws on dogs.Your city can complain.But the city is in a county.The county dog rules override city dog regulations.I have had the city PD.At my door every other day because of my dogs barking.Until a city cop said.find out what the county law is on dogs.and take it to city council.

'PR'ADKINS BLUE DOG ANNIE

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Even tring to be a good neighbor isnt enough. our dogs come in at night and sleep in my bed. I was training with a caged coon with my pups at about 03:00 in the evening and she came and complained. The town only has 200 people. But needless to say were moving. If your neighbors dont like the sound of hounds then its hard no matter what you do. Our new house our closest neighbor is 1/4 mile away thank you God.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:33 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

HAD A NOISE ORDINANCE HERE AND HAD TO BATTLE IN AND OUT COURT FOR A YEAR . WE WON LUCKILY WASNT CHEAP THOUGH BUT THE ORDINANCE IS EQUIVALENT OF A NASCAR MOTOR, AND MY WALKERS SURE AS HELL AINT THAT LOUD