CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: SEARCH Feature Tips
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:54 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

One of the secrets to using the SEARCH feature is narrowing down your search.

If you want to find topics on close hunting dogs, don't just type close hunting dogs in the SEARCH feature and then search......You'll get all forum sections with those keywords..........ends up like looking for a needle in an haystack.

Here is some variations in searching for close hunting dogs.

Type "close" as the search word.
Now narrow it down to only search in the Training Tips and Hunting Discussion section.

Don't click SEARCH just yet.

Seeing as alot of the topics have been discussed numerous times already, we need to narrow down the search some more.

Choose Ascending as the sort results as this will bring the older topics first in the results.

Now this is where the different variations come into play.

Now you can choose different settings how to pull the results.

- Post subjects and message text
- Message text only
- Topic titles only
- First post of topics only

If you take the search word and just search the topic titles only, then only the threads where that word was in the thread subject title will be shown.

Or you can choose first post of topics only so you can see the keyword and post of each thread.

If your looking for a 3 letter word use * after the word. Example the word "sun" - type the search word as sun* - Notice the * after sun?

If your looking for a 2 letter phrase (which is rare) use Google powered Search box below the normal Search box.

The SEARCH feature is a great tool to locate tons of info that have been discussed on the forum.............the trick is learning how to use it.

There is more to just typing the keyword and search if your wanting to find info.

The key to the forum SEARCH features is learning to use all the search feature tools. If you just type a word in the search box then you will come up with EVERY single section that contains the word you entered.

Narrowing down your searches to one section is key. You have eliminated all the sections that will bring no count threads up on what your looking for.

I will not be providing in any support concerning the SEARCH feature....so please do not PM, Email, or Call about help using it.

I have provided this tip for using the SEARCH feature to help you realize what you may be doing wrong and why your not finding anything using the SEARCH feature.

This is for using the SEARCH feature on computer NOT the Android and Apple Apps. Features on the Apps are limited as opposed to using them on a computer through a real browser. The forum and site were designed for a computer browser, NOT for mobile apps.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: SEARCH Feature Tips
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I dont understand where to find the search feature. I have looked and looked. I am looking for it so i can search to see if there is really answers out there to my question that got deleted. So please tell me where to find the search option...please dont just tell me to look for it...i want specifically where to find it...thanks

Post subject: Re: SEARCH Feature Tips
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:54 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Right under the forum header logo..............you cant really miss it.......It's on the same line where you login/log out, check your PM's and etc...That's all I can tell you.

Profile  WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]