It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:40 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

SPAMMING -Posting the same post in all or different sections:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20917

OK, to make locating different subjects and topics, we have the forum broken down into different section.

It wasn't done that way to give folks numerous sections to post the same ad.

It seems lately that people are spamming the different sections or same section with the same ad has been increasing.

Alot of new users are signing up and the first thing they are doing is spamming every single section with the same ad.

Then you have current users who after receiving a PM about the forum rule, go right back to doing it.

There is a thread in the Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section on duplicate ads in different and same sections. It also states the consequences to those that have no regard to the rule and keep spamming duplicate ads.

Before anyone says to me "You have the same ad in all the classified sections, why can't we?" spill, I'll address that. Let's see, perhaps that is what helps pay the server bill that keeps the site up and running.....Kinda a fringe benefit of owning the site and paying several thousand dollars a year for it. Kinda the reasons I do it on the side to help in the cost of this site.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:37 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

When I send you a PM concerning the duplicate ads policy and you turn around and go back to posting duplicate ads, your account will be banned.....simple as that.

I did not put this paragraph in the policy just to add it to eat up space, I put it in as a deterrent and warning of what will happen if you want to disregard the rules - even after being warned about the rule.

Quote:
Current members who receive a PM about posting duplicate ads and then turn around and post duplicate ads again after all the duplicate ads were deleted will need to find another forum to spam as well.

Profile  WWW