CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Loud exhaust
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:16 pm 
IP:
i was thinkin about gettin a new exhaust system for my truck but im scared that it will be too loud and scare all the game...tell me what you guys think

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:13 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

i thought about putting dual exhausts on my 77 ford f100 but came to my senses and decided not to. what's the point? you spend $100.00 just for a sound. if everyone did it, would it still be cool or just noisy? but to each his own. i'm not knocking it if it's what you want. i know there's not many things that sound nicer than a tuned ford v8 with headers and dual exhaust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 pm 
IP:
good point...want it to sound good, but not effect huntin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:43 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

on my 2007 chevy silverado i have dual exhaust...i had the "cherry bomb Pro system" it sounds good, but not loud. then on my work truck, a 1997 2500 chevy i have shorty headers, and straight pipes. it is way to loud haha. but oh well, i havnt "scared" any game that i know of, i still tree coon in all my woods. only thing i can warn you about, watch for cops if you go loud, lol. i've had a couple verbal warning on my 97. its loud, sounds good, but the 07 sounds good but not loud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:24 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I Got a 05 Nissan Titan with stock pipe all I had done was a Flowmaster 40 series put on in place of the factory muffler sounds good and I have drove up beside deer, and sat and looked at them . doesent seem to bother um ( not that I will be huntin out of the truck ) gave the truck a little more on top end but unless you change the air filter and put a throtle body on you lose a little on the bottom end . hope this will help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:45 pm 
IP:
thanks i was thinkin about the super 44 that is the one that i was thinking of getting

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:17 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

What is wrong with the exhaust that is on the truck now?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:33 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

If vehicle noise scared criiters off, you'd never see any dead on the road. I watch deer, coons, whatever doing their thing on the side of the road with cars buzzing by and it never phased them.It's when that one slows down to a crawl or stops to watch them that they know something's up and run off. Unless you're hunting OUT OF your truck, I wouldn't worry about it. Hnuting is, however why I don't have loud pipes on my truck.At the land I lease, I have to drive in between a few houses on the dirt road, and since I go in (deer hunting) at 4 am, and (coonhunting) all times of the night I don't want to disturb the people in those houses.After all, they live there, I'm just visisting.Nothing sounds better than a V-8 with Flowmasters, but I don't think I'd want it outside my bedroom window at 4 a.m.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i want duals on my truck but cant decide what to get i want it loud an to sound good 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:16 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

alot of it depend on the truck its self go to youtube and type in yalls truck they have a lot of different people that have put their exhaust on there ! as far as duels try flowmaster , magnaflow , banks , most of the big names in the market have web sites gibson makes a duel kit that a guy I work with has on a 07 F150 and its sounds real good ! if ya want it loud flowmaster or magnaflow ,you can also just put a cherrybomb type muffler on it they sound good deep mellow sound

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:58 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

if you put duals on your truck it will help out your gas milage by adding a couple more miles to the gallon. A k&n filter will increase it a few more miles. So you get better sound and better economy. The filter lets more air in to your intake with the fuel which doesnt require as much work from the engine to ignite it. Also the true dual exhaust allows your engine to breath better letting the burnt exhaust out better so it also doesnt make your engine work as hard either. So its a good result in the end if you dont go to loud.

Post subject: Re: Loud exhaust
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:47 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Denny 1068 wrote:
i was thinkin about gettin a new exhaust system for my truck but im scared that it will be too loud and scare all the game...tell me what you guys think

me personally don't know if it will scare the game off. but just think if you ever need to sneak out of a place you shouldn't been in they can hear ya.,
and not only talking about hunting,

'pr'confederate bootleggen' bud
harley my plott pup

michael

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:15 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have 18" glass packs on my 95 silverado 3/4 ton and unless I jar down on it it doesnt seem very loud. I coonhunt around a lot of the neighbor houses round here and unless they are awake anyways they always tell me they never knew I was there. I can go to work on Sat and Sun morning at 5am and not wake the wife and she wakes up at the drop of a pin but if I throw the hammer down it will rattle the windows in the house. Fixin to put the flow masters on my 04 silverado 1/2 ton after I replenish the money I am spending on building my new kennels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:41 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

we have a magnaflow system with dual 3 in tip on our 07 silverado not real loud just enough to make it sound really nice

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:30 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

They don't scare off game.I've killed many deer from a loud pickup :shock: J/K.Like coleman said if they were scared of vehicle noise they wouldn't be close to the highway.It's not so much the vehicle noise being loud to scare them as much as slamming doors,getting out and hollering at someone for another beer :lol: ,etc.I have a set flowmasters on my 85 chevy and they sound real good not too loud they just sound nice.