CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:51 pm 
IP:
96 f-150 long bed with the 302 but really like the 300

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:04 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Chevy truck or a Jeep is the only way to go

PR Miller's Mountain Moonshiner (Moon)
Give It All You Got With Plotts.
John Miller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:43 pm 
IP:
I like the '69 chevy trucks but I like the Ol' Goats. I had an '04 with the Hemi and later this year I'm gonna get a 2500 cummins. I saw a 2500 cummins pull everything that it pulled against at a truck pull. The only thing he refused to pull against was an F450 flatbead because there wasn't enough weights to even make them close so I don't blame him for not wanting to break his truck.

Post subject: FORD TRUCKS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:36 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

i AM LIKE THIS ABOUT TRUCKS, if it'll take me to the swamp and get me outta there without getting stuck in the mud I like it. Tires got alot to do with that. I own a 76 Ford with 35s that takes me most anywhere I wanna go. But my brother owned an old jeep scrambler that only had 31's we pulled fords and chevys out of mud holes with that one. My other brother owns a 78 Ford Bronco he bought new in 78. We pulled Toyota trucks out of mud like they were tinkertoys. oh yeah they are aren't they?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Steve Jarrell wrote:
Well as far as looks I like the late 70's early 80' shortbed Chevies I have owned a few of them and love them. Good for the woods and the road. Easy to work on I love when you can actually climb under the hood and work on it instead of taking everything off to get to the battery like the new ones. They are reasonably good straight factory yet have a wide variaty of after market parts available for them. So my vote goes for the short wheel based Chevy late 70's early 80's model.

I had a '79 Chevy shortbed with a 454, and a lift kit. That's right fellas, be jealous. Too bad my ex wrecked it at the dunes.....don't miss him, but I miss my Billy!

I'm just a simple country girl with a coonhound

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:28 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

07 chevy with ford keys and 33's and rims, then the huntin truck is a lifted 97' gmc....im gettin ready to buy a dodge cummins whenever i find the one i want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:35 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

rebelpriderd wrote:
I like the '69 chevy trucks but I like the Ol' Goats. I had an '04 with the Hemi and later this year I'm gonna get a 2500 cummins. I saw a 2500 cummins pull everything that it pulled against at a truck pull. The only thing he refused to pull against was an F450 flatbead because there wasn't enough weights to even make them close so I don't blame him for not wanting to break his truck.

DONT GET A AUTOMATIC

do ur self a favor....... get a POWERSTROKE that right FORD POWER
i wont own a cummins aint happen :lol: :lol:

Post subject: tb
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:49 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

ok the part of truck in the woods i dont get but do as you like or what ever . we just drive to our spots and walk to the dogs or ride the horse's but as you all know i live and breath ford trucks and have for years. now dont get me wrong i have ownd chevy's and toyotas and jeep and a few others but never a dodge. wife has a dodge cara van but any wayi think it has a lot to do with what you want out of one. ride like a car and fast buy chevy. rides like a log wagen but pull any thing go with ford. good on gas go any where darn near buy toyota. now i had a jeep cj5 with a 400 hp 327 in it and 35 on it now that was a play toy go any where thing that i loved kids an all that it was sold. i think i would like a jeep scrambler to hunt out of. not much room. i hear them suzukie side kick are hard to get stuck . dont know never been in one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I love how well toyotas get around in tight places and love them on short hunts. But when you have to travel a ways to hunt and have a family a bigger pickup is nice. I hunt out of chevy's and toyota's myself but they will all get you where you are going and do what you want to do.

Good hunting :D

Post subject: 77 ford f150
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 10:08 am 
IP:
rusty and trusty, ball to the wall and pedal to the floor , short wheel base and big mud tires and 2 inch lift, 351 mod. gets u anywhere, but wont pass a gas station...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:25 am 
IP:
Cummins is the best as long as you dont get an automatic. get a straight drive. But there are rumors that ford is gonna get cumins and dodge is gonna get detroit. That wouldnt be bad at all though for dooge. I think the detroit diesals are even better than the cummins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:53 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

[quote="rebelpriderd"]Cummins is the best as long as you dont get an automatic. get a straight drive. But there are rumors that ford is gonna get cumins and dodge is gonna get detroit. That wouldnt be bad at all though for dooge. I think the detroit diesals are even better than the cummins.[/quote

Ford is tied up with Navistar. They are the makers of the so called "Mighty Powerstroke". A powerstroke engine is basically an International diesel engine, same thing as the T444E. I dont really see Dodge leaving the B5.9 engine because that is what is selling thier trucks. It is a great engine. I own a dually with 280,000 miles on it. It has been to Alaska and back not once but twice. I will not own a Ford with a powerstroke engine for the simple fact that I work on them everyday and see all of thier flaws. As for Dodge going to a Detroit Diesel, Detroit Diesel was a GM product until it was bought out by Freightliner. They are picky about what they own. We refuse to work on our Int'l trucks with the 60 Series Detroit in our shop most of the time just because it is so hard for us to get parts for them. As for me, I am Mopar thru and thru. MOPAR or NO CAR!

TEAM MAINSTREET
"PR" Main Street Mason Jar
"PR" SMM Back Holler Bootlegger
"PR" Main Street Madam-RIP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:25 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i got a 05 cummins and aint ever gona go back to gas or any other diesel. the cummins aint givin me no problems at all, its quick pull everything i got, and aint really to bad on fuel, gets bout double the mileage i had in my old truck. i just put a cold air intake and bully dog and now its even better. my buddy got a suzuki samuri and that thing will go farther then a jeep, toyota, or any other small truck. hes got lift, tires, 4.56 gears, lockers, and some other stuff, but that things got i think 66 hp so it takes us awhile to get somewhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:29 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

MidniteMadness wrote:
rebelpriderd wrote:
Cummins is the best as long as you dont get an automatic. get a straight drive. But there are rumors that ford is gonna get cumins and dodge is gonna get detroit. That wouldnt be bad at all though for dooge. I think the detroit diesals are even better than the cummins.[/quote

Ford is tied up with Navistar. They are the makers of the so called "Mighty Powerstroke". A powerstroke engine is basically an International diesel engine, same thing as the T444E. I dont really see Dodge leaving the B5.9 engine because that is what is selling thier trucks. It is a great engine. I own a dually with 280,000 miles on it. It has been to Alaska and back not once but twice. I will not own a Ford with a powerstroke engine for the simple fact that I work on them everyday and see all of thier flaws. As for Dodge going to a Detroit Diesel, Detroit Diesel was a GM product until it was bought out by Freightliner. They are picky about what they own. We refuse to work on our Int'l trucks with the 60 Series Detroit in our shop most of the time just because it is so hard for us to get parts for them. As for me, I am Mopar thru and thru. MOPAR or NO CAR!

freightliners suck while were on that subject get a Peterbilt :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:23 pm 
IP:
Heres my ringtale chasin ride!

and what rides in it

Last edited by Ivegotthecooninitch on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next