CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:11 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Let's see what do I have in my pickup. Well, I have a foot-sized hole in the floorboard, thanks to riflecarrier, I have 3 and 1/2 deer hides in the box, two flashlights, a little bit of ammo for everything I own, and I don't look behind the seats anymore. I don't want to find anything that has remained peaceful for so long. I drive a '79 Ford regular cab, long-box.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:32 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

ROFL YOU LEAD YOUR BLUETICK AFTER BEING SPRAYED OUTSIDE THE CAR HAHAHAHAHA EVERYONE IN MY OFFICE IS LIKE WT FUG IS WRONG WITH HIM...JUST WISH I HAD THAT ON VIDEO WITH EYE OF THE TIGER PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND FROM THE MOVIE ROCKY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:46 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

moejoeracer wrote:
ROFL YOU LEAD YOUR BLUETICK AFTER BEING SPRAYED OUTSIDE THE CAR HAHAHAHAHA EVERYONE IN MY OFFICE IS LIKE WT FUG IS WRONG WITH HIM...JUST WISH I HAD THAT ON VIDEO WITH EYE OF THE TIGER PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND FROM THE MOVIE ROCKY

???

Wasn't gonna put her in my car smelling like that... made sense to me. I was only abt a mile from home - it was either that or walk her home, then walk back to the car lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:48 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I did the same thing onst, but only with a mule. I drove a Ford Bronco II at the time and my buddy sat in the vehicle and stuck his arm out the window holding on to the mule's halter, and we just trotted her down the road!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:50 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Talking about puttin dogs in the trunk, a couple of years ago, our neighbors had some calves rustled. Turns out a coupla high school kids stuffed 7 holstein calves into the back of a Ford Pinto Station Wagon!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 am 
IP:
PAplott wrote:
Talking about puttin dogs in the trunk, a couple of years ago, our neighbors had some calves rustled. Turns out a coupla high school kids stuffed 7 holstein calves into the back of a Ford Pinto Station Wagon!

wow!! thats crazy!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:25 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

HEY MAVRICK...WE WERENT LAUGHING AT YOU... JUST LAUGHING WITH YOU THATS ALL

ITS A TENNESSEE THANG THEY WOULDNT UNDERSTAND

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:00 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Maverick061106 wrote:
high rollin hank wrote:

haha what do you do put them in your drunk cuz ihave a neon lol and i use it to go coon hunting and i have no truck so i just put them in my back seet haha yeah it gets real nasty back there but i bet about 32 miles a gallon

They do really well back there...no fighting, no chewing...they just curl up in the blanket and go to sleep ;) And all the hair and doggy smell stays in the trunk - bottle of air freshener is a must lol

30-34 mpg, so it's worth it...

I got a skunk a couple nights ago, though...drove home (just down and across the holler) leading my bluetick out the window...just drove real slow :lol:

haha yeah the only problem is in my car is that theres no like pannel from the back seat to the back window soo theres a whole so the dogs get out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:26 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

You guys might be to young but way back when people could not afford a pick up or a seperate vehicle for hunting. They used a big 4 door like an Olds delta 88. We would cut 2 8 inch holes in the trunk and the dogs would stick their heads out as we drove. In the winter you would cut a floor board out in the back to go ice fishing through. That way you would have heat and tunes on the ice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:37 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

BADKARMA wrote:
You guys might be to young but way back when people could not afford a pick up or a seperate vehicle for hunting. They used a big 4 door like an Olds delta 88. We would cut 2 8 inch holes in the trunk and the dogs would stick their heads out as we drove. In the winter you would cut a floor board out in the back to go ice fishing through. That way you would have heat and tunes on the ice.

hahaha nice and great idea. ahha i think im gonna put chicken wire on that hole so they cant climb through

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

first off mike you truck deserved what it got, plus it is easier to spit through the hole in the floor than in a bottle. Second, i cleaned my truck out today to sell it and i found all sorts of sweet stuff. 5 boxes of ammo i didn't know i had, the flashlight i can never seem to find and best of all i found a full case of beer buried under some hunting clothes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:49 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

When you cut the holes make sure you take some fuel line and split it lengthwise and cover the edges of the hole with it so the dogs necks do not get tore up. Most had some sort of door to cover the holes when you were not taking the dogs with. I remember after church many brought their dogs with for a run after it was over.

Times sure have changed and not for the best either. It just moves on and if you do not move with it you will become a relic and wonder where do you fit into this new world that left you behind.

I remember when I was younger and had dog hair and what not inside the car. The girls did not like that stuff. I remember one saying that if I liked my vehicle like that she would not be in it. I said that my dogs really like you but she still declined and I drove off.

I remember getting pulled over for speeding and the cop looked into the vehicle and seen chains and collars and stuff on the floor and blood on the seat. I could not get it why he pulled me out of the car and had me on the ground that night. He did not like me either, ma sure was pissed though. The called and woke her up at night to come get me but impounded the car pending an investigation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:36 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

2007 gmc 4 door short box with a duramax (yea she hunts 100hp chip 5'' pipe 500hp :D ) work truck,hunting truck and family car more stuff than you can pack in two vans but when i go hunting i always seem to come home with a clean dash

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:46 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Everything you can pretty much think of.. except what I'll need at the time.

ammo -- for 14 different calibler of guns..except the gun I'm hunting with that day
Food - which probably isn't edible. (and I've tried it a couple times)
Flashlight --With dead Batteries
New batteries-- that don't fit that flashlight
Oil -- Thats spilled and in the bottom of my toolbox.
Shovel --that I left at the last spot I got stuck
coffe - On the floor board
CB - which the antanna snapped off chasin dogs..
Wife- well.. I'm better stop right there!! .. :)

This list goes on..and on..

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:04 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

BADKARMA wrote:
When you cut the holes make sure you take some fuel line and split it lengthwise and cover the edges of the hole with it so the dogs necks do not get tore up. Most had some sort of door to cover the holes when you were not taking the dogs with. I remember after church many brought their dogs with for a run after it was over.

Times sure have changed and not for the best either. It just moves on and if you do not move with it you will become a relic and wonder where do you fit into this new world that left you behind.

I remember when I was younger and had dog hair and what not inside the car. The girls did not like that stuff. I remember one saying that if I liked my vehicle like that she would not be in it. I said that my dogs really like you but she still declined and I drove off.

I remember getting pulled over for speeding and the cop looked into the vehicle and seen chains and collars and stuff on the floor and blood on the seat. I could not get it why he pulled me out of the car and had me on the ground that night. He did not like me either, ma sure was pissed though. The called and woke her up at night to come get me but impounded the car pending an investigation.

so what did you even get arrested for? thats total crap. cops around here i dont think would be that dumb. but it happens heck before i talk to a girl i tell them straight up, i love my dogs and i spend alot of time with them. maybe you can come haha!!! heck you may know they might get into it you know!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next