CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:25 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

That is a built truck Hoppy..very well done! Sadly it is built to much for gas mileage. A few things to try or check on is that your pipe is 2 1/4 inch all the way back. Check out your coil output, I have seen them put out barely enough juice to keep it going good. Maybe you carbed it to much also? Those factory carbs are great if they are adjusted right. Honestly you can put money into it but you will very likely not see and mileage difference worth it for that kind of money.

What you can do is drop to a 33 tire and regear it to 4.56 then you may see maybe 2-3 mpg difference.

You really did an excellent job on that build by the way. Many folks do not do it right like that. Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:13 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks Badkarma!!! It is nice to finally talk to someone who knows a little more about it than I. I had a feeling this was about as good as it gets.
In the future I am thinking about switching to the 22R with a 5 speed will this help any? Do you have any recomendations on different shocks for the front?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:06 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Fuel injection will help but it is a hell of a conversion.

Shocks? Hmmm I had mine built by Ivan Stewart as a protype. I have tried them all and they all ride rough. The best of the best would be OME (old man emu) and Bilstene. All others are pure hype and BS. The best bang for your buck would be to get custom leafs made by Alcan Springs somewhere in CO I believe. Awsome flex and amazing ride on 12-18 leafs. Just like a luxury car! I had some custom work done to my torsion bars but I can't remember the company. Oh stay away from the multi shock setups. Stay away from anything chrome. Chrome weakens the steel to a point of shattering.

Don't know if you would ned this or not but I have a set of bedrails including the tailgate made out of diamond plate and 2 pieces made to fit on the nerf bars I will sell you. Really nice and sharp looking. Pm me for more info if interested.