CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: new tires
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Has anyone tried interco's new m16 tire? Im lookin for somthin besides a standard mud terrain tread, as everybody and his brother has them. I found these on the internet and I like the way they look. Also, does anyone know how big of a tire I can fit on a stock '06 chevy z71 regular cab, w/ the factory rims? I don't really want to lift it, and I don't want to cut my fenders. Im hopin to fit some 295/70/17's, since the m16's dont come in a 285 just yet.

"The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs."

"When the going gets tough, the great ones party."

"Who is more foolish, the fool, or the fool who follows the fool."

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:11 pm 
IP:
you don't have a deisel but these boys will tell you for sure what your looking at with that body style.
http://www.duramaxforum.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:23 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks for the link, I found exactly what I was lookin for in respect to the tire fitment issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:57 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you can fit a 295, however your going to have to crank the t-bars some. i did that on mine and they fit fine. check out fullsizechevy.com and that will help ya with your issues.

"A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'" (Author unknown)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:29 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks Countryboy, thats what I wanted to hear. I Cranked the tbars on my 98 so I could make it sit level w/ the winch and still clear some 285's, so I had already thought of that for this truck. But when I crawled under there to check it out, I found out that the driver side bolt doesn't have any adjustment left. The truck already sits pretty high compared to my last one, but I'd hate to buy new tires just to find that they won't fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:15 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I like the m-16's and think they would be a cool multipurpose tire ( without the ##*%* bullets on the sidewall) but you cant beat a set of super swampers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

indianaboy wrote:
you cant beat a set of super swampers

I don't know, I drive a minimum of 90 miles round trip per day on pavement, and i'm not sure i wanna ride on true swampers that much. Plus they'd be slick in about 3 months probly. I do appreciate the input tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:01 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

o ic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:01 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ok indiana, I've been thinkin about this. Interco also makes the swamper SSR in a 32x11.50x17 that should fit my truck. This tire is supposed to be better on the street while still giving you the traction of standard swampers. Anybody have any experience w/ these tires?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:21 pm 
IP:
I was in your boat a few months ago.I ended up with the Cooper Discoverer STT
My brother has them on a f___ and has had them about 5 years now.He drives his truck ALOT and they have held up really well.I took my truck out in some thick nasty mud last Sat while coyote hunting and I was happy with the tires performance in the mud.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:03 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks again, Techno. Are they bad expensive, though? I hate that I have to have 17's. I know they won't be cheap, but I don't wanna pay an arm and a leg for them either. I was gonna ask about the noise, but I guess since I'm now considering swampers that doesn't really apply. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:42 pm 
IP:
I paid $220 a tire.Pricey but they will last alot longer than an Interco tire if you hit the pavment more.The noise with the Coopers isn't really noticeable either.

Thats one nice looking truck in your sig.What is it an 86 Scotsdale?

Here is Big Red
87 Custom Deluxe 3/4 ton

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:30 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks. No It's actually a 78 custom deluxe. my dad bought it new in 78, gave it to me when I was 14. It was gonna be my daily driver, but @ 8 mpg, that didn't last very long. I'm gettin ready to fix the rust and put a new motor in it, get it fixed up right. You've got a good lookin truck there yourself. Is it all original?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:47 pm 
IP:
If you go with the cooper go with the st as opposed to the stt. They have better traction on ice and way less road noise. I've had both. They are good tires. Stay away from the at or mickey thompson atz's. They both chip easy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:57 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Iv heard of the ssr's but iv never had um. I did have a set of tsl radials that i think held up pretty good on the road and where quite they do cost alittle more though.