CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:09 pm 
IP:
ALL YALL LOUISIANA COON HUNTERS LETS HEAR FROM YALL ALSO POST SOME PIC'S IF YALL CAN TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YALL

Last edited by Randall Page on Sat May 07, 2005 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:30 am 
IP:
btt

Post subject: Hello....Again.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 11:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hello Folks:

I was given permission to coonhunt a nice section of property within two miles of the house by a friend of mine. I had hunted it twice and done well. I ran into his mom yesterday and she ran me out. Apparently, my 50 year old work buddy and his mom have some issues so I can't hunt that area anymore. I will still go to Kentwood, LA to hunt once a week, but it is an hour and a half from the house. If any of you hunt near the Baton Rouge area, I would appreciate it if I could accompany you sometimes. I can't stand to see my dog hunted only once a week. Thank you and good hunting.

Coon Pop

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:07 pm 
IP:
Check the wma's and public lands. call wild life and fisheries some of the wma's are going to be opening a couple of days a week, so i heard i should find out at the state hunt in may. We have La coonhunters assc. meeting at the hunt. It will be in winnfield La in may. You ought to come up for it. Tell all your hunting buddies too that comp hunt. It's a purina Points hunt.

Post subject: Thank you
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thank you. I will review the locations of the WMAs in the area. I live about 13 miles south of Baton Rouge. Tunica Hills is as far as Kentwood. Hopefully come fall, I will join a deer lease that allows coon hunting after deer season.

Coon Pop

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:56 pm 
IP:
I hope you find one take care.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:02 am 
IP:
It's almost five in the morning and i am on here again. Just adicted to This site. Love coonhunting. Well got to drive to work see yall and God Bless.

Post subject: LA COONHUNTER
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:33 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

HEY RANDAL SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT OLD BELLE. HOPE HER PUP DOES WELL FOR U. WE'VE BEEN DOING WAY TO MUCH BASEBALL TO EVEN TRY TO HUNT. COON POP MAN U JUST NEED TO GET FERN IN THE BUSHES WHEN EVER POSS. WHEN SOME OF THIS BALL IS OVER MAYBE I CAN GET BACK IN THE WOODS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:03 pm 
IP:
Hey Darnell, good to hear from ya, that ball takes alot of time,but the kids love it. thanks,for old bell, I just came in, i have a caged coon, i was working the pup and a couple of young dogs. with it. the pup did real well I had to tie max up he about tried to tear the live trap up.well good to here from yall take care and talk to yall soon. God Bless.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:30 pm 
IP:
got a big ol coon in the live trap, gonna let it loose about ten min ahead of some young dogs to night and see how they do. I hope it will be fine but you never know, gonna take a good broke hound of my buddies just as sime back up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:51 pm 
IP:
Well just got in from a hunt, left before the sun went down. took the caged coon to the sand hills over on my buddies lease. i had thunder, the pup out of my blue bell that passed on, my buddies pup, clyde another pup out of my old gyp. a 10 month old blue pup named Jazz. and the dad to the male pups. this was the first time thunder had been to the woods i usually dont start taking a dog till its 9months old but he has been treeing hides since he was three months old and has barked at a caged coon only twice and that was the last few days. We let the coon out just before dark waited ten minutes got our stuff ready. then we decided to cut all of them loose. the old dog struck the track and the pups followed about thirty yards they could smell it but did know what to do. well blue trailed it down the old spring branch up a hill in a small pine break. was treeing pretty hard. the pups barked some on tree jazz was wining some she could smell it good.well the pine was small so we shook the coon out in another pine then cut the little one down he hit the ground running, for some reason they couldn't get a good track moving they all circled around the hill a couple of times. then old boy picked it up and treed it in a big oak. we shot it out, we are aloud one a night per person out side of trapping season the dog and pups was on it we shot it out practicly dead hung it in a small tree rubed it on the side real good and the pups were really barking on that tree pretty good. Well we went to another place and cast out. the pups got to playing alittle bit which we did mind too much we had a good time watching them play in the moonlight. well old blue struck a track and my pup went towards him fell in the creek, a big hole and went to barking i laughed at him it wasn,t long before the old boy located and treed. well he had the coon and the pups were barking a little more around the tree. we shot him and wounded him he hit the ground ran down the hill to the creek. tried to run up a small tree on the other side and fell back in th creek. the dogs followed the trail and were standing at the small tree and my pup( thunder )started barking treed a few times then the old dog then the rest of them, well jazz went down the creek and she smelled something (the coon) and we saw it in the water , we just wanted them to find it well thunder saw me coming down the bank and came to me just so happened he found the coon on the way to me. The coon wasn't real big so i didnt worry too much he stared at it baying it up right then jazz jumped it and it latched on her and then it was on. then old boy got in on it jazz let go and the coon got a hold of him. he let go and thunder got on him and he latched on to him he was a hollierin an he let go then clyde had it and it got him good too, he didnt like that and went back up the bank and bayed then jazz and old boy and thunder went at him again. finally clyde got back in there and he finally left the world of the breathing, he hung it up for the pups and it was the most beautiful music you could listen too. we decided to leave it on a good note and made it back home. i Know it was long but i am excited over my pups trying so hard. well I'm finish, God bless and Good night.

Post subject: pics from today
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:33 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Image Image Image Image Image one of BlueBoy last night Image

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 8:38 pm 
IP:
Rosie and sam look good. You may need to put your light on high at night to get better pic's in the dark. They sure look good on the tree.

Post subject: bench training
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:10 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey Randy,
I worked with both of them today, Sam a little longer, by the time I got through with him the gnats were eating me up. I got Shad to take a couple pics to show you. I thought they did pretty good. Image Image Image

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 7:20 pm 
IP:
They look good we just need to get their back feet back a little more. Just keep working with them. I just got back from the hospital. Belinda may have to have her gaul bladder taken out tommorrow if the next test is pos. ilet you Kow what happens.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 402 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next