CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Florida Coon Hunters
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Howdy all. I'm not from Florida but my wife was born and lived most her life either in N FL (born in Lake City/lived near Tallahassee) or SW GA (Thomasville). I lived for a while in Haines City in central Florida.

Anyway, hunting in Florida has long interested me. Well, the whole state does I guess you could say. I thought we could start a thread here about coonhunting (or any hunting really) in Florida. I'd like to hear from all the hunters and clubs, get to know you all a little better, hear some stories of hunting in FL and see some pics as well.

Let's make this thread big and ongoing with information about coonhunting in Florida!

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Florida Coon Hunters
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Paul hello good to know others are interested in FL hunting . I hunt Jacksonville area .Coons are fairly plentiful but this time of year you gotta love it to deal with the heat ,bugs and snakes .Sounds like fun!
Good luck with the thread.GC

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 10:31 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Hey... I'm in Lake Butler / Lake City
It's hard hunting.. but I love it ... I hunt and breed some top notch walkers... Come let's go tree one or two before they cut all the trees down ... Good Luck
posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hi Paul!!
I'm gearing up for some hot Florida Summer Hunting here in Fruitland Park Fl..These plott hounds are puttin on some weight that needs to be ran off! lol.. Not sure if I'm gonna make it to plott days yet.. Hopefully i can make it happen..Feel free to give me a shout if yall come to Florida. Would live to take ya hunting!

Take Care
Gordie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:56 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

brindleman wrote:
Hi Paul!!
I'm gearing up for some hot Florida Summer Hunting here in Fruitland Park Fl..These plott hounds are puttin on some weight that needs to be ran off! lol.. Not sure if I'm gonna make it to plott days yet.. Hopefully i can make it happen..Feel free to give me a shout if yall come to Florida. Would live to take ya hunting!

Take Care
Gordie

Sounds good Gordie. I bet this time of year is not the best for Florida hunting. It's not the best in Michigan. Not too hot but the skeeters will pack you off if you're not tied to something. We do have swamps here too but no snakes or gators to deal with. Hope to see you at Plott Days!

I was hoping there would be more interest in this thread. I'd like to hear some stories and see pics of FL coonhunting. Seems like there are several guys down your way who hunt. I know they keep having PKC hunts right through all this hot weather.

I hope anyone who reads this will feel free to chime in. Everyone is welcome!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Im brand new to coon huntin. I've been huntin deer and hogs since I was just a kid. I recently picked up a 18 month old bluetick. I was told he had been started. I was hoping he could teach me a thing or two.I'm to sure he knows as much as i was told he does. I want to put him with older dogs, but there isn't too much coon huntin that goes on around here. I'm in San Antonio Fl. It's about 25 min north of Tampa.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Been hunting every weekend , woods are thick ,wet and plenty of bugs having a great time ! Luckily with temps in the 90's we've had a lot of rain and the water helps keep the dogs cooled down . Last night treed 4 times saw the coon once . rgds , GC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:39 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey Paul,
I think things will pick up on here in the next month or so... There are some UKC hunts coming up in sept in my area.. Angus is showing some improvement but not ready for the hunts yet. Gonna put him in some bench shows for now and hopefully another season will do the trick for him.. He is directly out of GrNITE Ch Lawsons Creek Black Ice. He has got a big big mouth!! My female is looking pretty good and I wanna try to get her in some hunts in September. She is Okie and Herrel bred. I wanna get up and hunt with Scrubby when the weather cools off.. Ive been huntin about 3 nights a week. It is HOT. Turned loose the other night at midnight and it was still about 90.

Take Care
Gordie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:29 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

We hunt on the FL / AL line. So close you can spit into FL. Its pretty good hunting, where we are it seems like theres not a very big coon population. Always seem to strike those big boar coons who have been run a time or two. They always take the dogs on a nice stroll thru the swamps before picking a tree. Been pretty hot but its getting tolerable, about to start back hunting though, probably early morning turnouts.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm in the Tampa area looking for other people in Tampa area to hunt with.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:27 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm new to this forum and just ran across this thread. I live and hunt in Hilliard and do a little hunting across the line in Georgia. I am currently hunting an unregistered black and tan. He's not a competition dog but we tree coons and have fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm new to this forum and just ran across this thread. I live and hunt in Hilliard and do a little hunting across the line in Georgia. I am currently hunting an unregistered black and tan. He's not a competition dog but we tree coons and have fun.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:14 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

im in bay county hunt all year got turds for dogs but we still tree a few hunt from sand hill to the swamps

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:49 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i live in plant city fl we have alot of produce, strawberry, and citrus. there is no shortage of coons here. i hunted two spots last weekend one about 100 acres the other about 28 acres strawberry blueberry and creek bottom and put 32 up trees and shot 15 of them

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

The hunting here in San Antonio has been pretty good lately. I picked up a new walker last week. Took him out the first night and treed 6 in 2 hrs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Ohub Campfire mobile app