CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:27 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

anyone one here hunt the angelina?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:35 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I hunt the angelina national forest and beleive it is some of the best walking around and I try to encourage others that hunt the forest not to shoot every coon they tree, because yes it is good hunting and a excellent place to start a young dog, and if you wanted to just shoot a lot of coons then these hunting clubs are begging people to help them manage the coon population that is at the feeders. all I have right now is a couple of six month old walker pup that I am starting but I try to hit the woods every opp. I get seeing how I'm not but about 5 min from the forest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:06 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

those woods get hunted hard? ya im with you i can see shoot one or two out to a young dog but those are some of the only good walking woods around. dont want to shoot all the coons out. i go up to zavalla quit a bit on weekends and dont know the woods very good but i just want to have a place to run my hounds when im up there and to give my woods a break every know and then. i might carry the dogs the next time i go up there. the only thing is i cant find a place more than a mile or two from roads.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I've wondered about trying to hunt one of the east TX forests for bobcat but have never gone down there because I just figured there would be too much traffic on the roads. What do you guys think that have hunted there? I do know that cats in that country run a good distance. Also, I road hunt mostly and thought that might be a problem. What do ya'll think?
Derek

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

ive never hunted cat. i wouldnt know. idk if i would road hunt in there cause every road ive seen in there leads to a hwy. i dont know though ive never hunted in there. just drove around and looked.