CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:47 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm going to college in Riverton and am wanting to get into coon hunting...if anyone has some info on hunts or fellow hunters, or even someone who would take me along on hunts to learn the game, that would be great!

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:00 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I wish girls were like this cali

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:35 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Do you mean in Cali? lol ya, in Montana, we're raised on a horse and with a gun in our hands

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Its hard to find one who likes dogs,let alone hounds that take nothing but time and effort to make them good enough to have fun with.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hello Riverton, I am in the southeast part of state. there is a few coon hunters around here, not many. as for clubs the only one that I know of is around Casper, could get you some names. we hunt eastern wyo,western N.E., and South Dakota and southern Montana alittle. a lot of road trips. hunting this winter has been slow.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I saw quite a few coons back home, either in our neighbors corn, hit on the highway, or down by the river. I've yet to even see sign of one here in Riverton! I go to Casper about once a month, so I could hit up some of the hunters there if you could get me some more info. My boyfriend knows a guy here in Riverton, Joe Kimmel, who used to be big into the sport, so I've been trying to get a hold of him.

Thats too bad about girls in Cali...I met a few pretty outdoorsy ones when I went to Mexico, but they were from rural northern Cali. I imagine most of them want a dog that will fit in their purse and can be dressed up and such :lol: Jack won't even let me clip his nails!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:34 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Contact Dean Carrell in Worland or Rory Shogren in Casper their phone #,s are listed. these guy's are into competetion hunting. hope this helps. I have a good friend in sheridan wy. that pleasure hunts there and into Montana alittle if that would help you. I also have a jack russell named Jack, I don't take him coonhunting with us as he would run and fight any and all critters out and about. he tied into a badger before he was a year old,if it wasn't for my airdale close by he wouldn't be with us today. he has killed smaller coons by himself. good luck

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:16 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks so much for your help-I'll call both of them this week. My Jack has killed everything from mice and kittens to skunks and even a young porcupine-boy was that a fun night (insert eye roll). I'm sure he would run off and have to terrorize everything he caught sight or smell of, as he normally does, so using him on coons is probably not a great idea. I never thought of using an airedale, though I know they were created to do that kind of thing in all actuality. Does he tree or does he kill it himself? Thanks again!

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 am 
IP:
I am looking for a place to hunt mule deer in Wyoming. Preferably in the northeast section, Sure would appreciate any contacts or help.
Will need to know soon so I can get my license in on time. I hunt Blue dogs and may be able to work a deal on a pup or dog. Call 715-339-6295 Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

well hello montanna my name is knight and i live in kinnear just about 15 min west of riverton and i have ten coon hound and would be happy to takei u with on a hunt. just joined this site not to long ago ur first person i found that want to go and is new.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sure it would be fun to go sometime! My boyfriends from the area, so I've been out to Kinnear a few times. What kind of hounds do you run?

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i got a bunch, about ten total, 2 redticks,2 redbones, 1 catahoula, 1 b&t cur cross, 1 b&t and red tick cross, 2 redtick& catahoula cross, the last three are pups outa my dogs, and my buddy runs bluetick and english. Have u gone hunting with any of those guys on the east side of the state or worland? well have to meet up and go when the weather warm and they start running again. Whos ur boyfriend mite no each other, my name is Knightern phillips. well talk to u later on

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

or if ur 21 u can come out to rezride bar out of kinnear there. i work every weekend there fri and sun, so later on