CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hi,

In Years gone by I use hunt bobcats at least one or two nights a week. But as things usually go I got out of hunting for different reasons many years ago but I now find myself in a situation where I can go hunting again.

I am older (63) and slower but was wondering if anyone in Southern California would like a hunting buddy on a Friday or Saturday nite. I also still work and get up early and I am to old to do those 48 hour days anymore. I would be more than glad to share hunting costs and meet ya anywhere before going hunting. I am really not into drinking so if your that style of hunter please leave me out. But if you like running your dogs and need someone to shoot the breeze with and share some costs I am your man..

Thanks

Justaguy

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:36 pm 
IP:
wish you were in northern cal. like to coon hunt i,m moven there in feb . dont no anyone .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Raymond,

It seems like they have their set little clicks and do not want new or old comers back in don't it! Not sure if that is the reason or if they are afraid of getting a tree hugger acting like a hunter to do something bad to them...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Raymond,

Coon hunt, cat hunt or listen to the dogs running a fox it is all the same to me. Some good times with a friend and listening to the dogs. I know it is more fun when you got a dog in the race but sometimes you live where that is just not possible...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:50 pm 
IP:
yea i think its true. im from t.n im moven to cal place called hayfork i heard they were coon hunting in the valley's dont no how far southern cal is if it,s not to far maybe get together do some hunting got a walker pup need's to be trained talked some one out there . he no's where i could buy a older dog.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:35 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Raymond,

You will be living about 600 miles north of me so hunting is sort of out. I do know that there are a lot more hunters in Northern California than down south and you need to look into the local hunting clubs when you get situated. Go and meet some of the members and I am sure they will be more than glad to take on a few hunts. There just so few hound hunters in southern california that they do not even have a local club or are proud enough to talk about it...

Later

Joe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:12 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey Raymond, When ya get here and want to meet hunters let me know as I know several east of where you'll be living. I used to have a good friend from Hayfork but he moved to Id. 4 or 5 years ago. Mike

Profile  WWW