CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:51 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I was wondering about hunting public land in Texas, is there very much land to hunt and where, not that I would go along way to hunt the land where you live,but where I live by Richland Chamber WMA there is 13000 acres of land that is public hunting land, but the gates are always closed so we cant coon hunt this land. I know they use this land for Deer Hunting and these hunts are draw hunts only but when it is not deer season why cant we coon hunt this land. I thought this was public hunting land. It doesn't sound like it to me. Let me know what you think about this.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 10:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

it is the same wher i hunt in texas. there is national forest everywhere but you cant get to the best creeks and such because they close all the gates at the end of deer season. I have found some good spots around here but they are sometimes difficult to get to with tough hunting. once deer season does start and the gates ar opened, game wardens and park law enforcement harass me so much it hardly seems worth trying to coon hunt these spots

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:59 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

no problems here in the N.F. 176,000 acres gates are always closed on the roads going thru the forest but we still have alot of access.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

So you do get to hunt the N.F. even when the gates are closed what do you do hunt from the road.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:26 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i just walk in. it is lawful. where i hunt i can turn loose right off of a side road (no traffic) and have good areas for runnin' a coon. the only thing bad about hunting the n.f is get ready to walk. not always but most of the time. it has alot of hunting pressure and they run.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 1:41 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Hey, I live in Hubbard there is some corp. land around here that I hunt on and some more not to far on the other side of Hill, County be willing to go hunting!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Sure I would like to go on a weekend some time when we can hunt for a good while and my buddy would like to go also give me a call sometime. my name is Jay Coker my # is 9038721009 have a good one.