CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: washington
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:37 pm 
IP:
He's been there this season I'm pretty sure of that.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hey bearbait, thanks for cass shes turnin out to be one hell of a dog. put a coon in a hole and she tore it up.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yep no prob plottdogz, I heard about last night good job. Keep huntin her she'll be your best dog and you'll have to change your name to bluedogz. Yeah maybe he has coonscry he just hasn't told me. We haven't really hunted together this year but I talk to him bout once a week. Hows the huntin down that way I'm about sick of this state

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Technically your not supposed to be on any of the training areas after dark but im in the army so i can kinda get away with it. I have a vehicle pass and have never seen any MP's south of the Nisqually anyway lol but just recently got a dog i can hunt so havent got to do any serious hunting but im headin out there tonight and i dont think im gonna come back till i tree something lol.

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:12 am 
IP:
The hunting is pretty good. You can lion and coon hunt year around and pursue bears most of the summer. But you have to draw a kill tag for bears. That takes several years usually and 8 or so if you want a good area. But you can pursue statewide for 30 dollars a year. Bobcats are between the end of november and middle of feb. Can kill 5 a year but there aren't alot of them. Most of the guys lion hunt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:59 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i run into your good buddy the other day bearbait. number on his back window was 99. he must got a trackin collar on me or somethin. geez. tryed tellin me i was on indain land when i was on claycity road.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:20 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I just went and looked at the Hound Council's site...doesn't look like any of the Washington clubs have any scheduled events.

Heck the only working link is to WSCA. You are right there are no events scheduled for WSCA because no one is getting off their duff to do anything to make it happen.

Besides the fact few come and participate, fewer do anything to make anything happen. Except complain.

I posted weeks ago there is going to be a meeting on-line, look under Western states. I posted it on the Yahoo site and the WSCAonline site, too. I e-mailed everyone whose address I have and those who submitted applications on-line whether they followed thru and sent dues or not. I sent out post cards to every address I have of anyone who has been remotely affiliated with WSCA.

I got a dues M.O. from a houndsman in Iraq and call from an Oregonian! Period. Oh, and an e-mail for the treasurer's address.

The by-laws say what to do with the money on hand if the club folds. It's looking like that's what we'll have to do.

Oregon http://www.bayingbriars.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:35 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Well Libby its looking that way, would be ashame to I thought I was joining a club that was willing to fight to promote hound hunting not slowly watch it die. Don't get me wrong I know there are a few out there that are in the fight, but its sad to see the many that bitch and complain what the state is doing and expect everyone else to fight the battle for them. If hound hunters would organize and put aside their petty BS with each other, they could have a good thing going. But as long as they keep fighting amongst themselves, they will get absolutely nothing accomplished.

Travis
(currently in Iraq)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Libby wrote:
I just went and looked at the Hound Council's site...doesn't look like any of the Washington clubs have any scheduled events.

Heck the only working link is to WSCA. You are right there are no events scheduled for WSCA because no one is getting off their duff to do anything to make it happen.

Besides the fact few come and participate, fewer do anything to make anything happen. Except complain.

I posted weeks ago there is going to be a meeting on-line, look under Western states. I posted it on the Yahoo site and the WSCAonline site, too. I e-mailed everyone whose address I have and those who submitted applications on-line whether they followed thru and sent dues or not. I sent out post cards to every address I have of anyone who has been remotely affiliated with WSCA.

I got a dues M.O. from a houndsman in Iraq and call from an Oregonian! Period. Oh, and an e-mail for the treasurer's address.

The by-laws say what to do with the money on hand if the club folds. It's looking like that's what we'll have to do.

I really hope this gets all worked out. My brother and I had a chance to check out the field trials you guys held out in Yelm, this last December. We were hoping to get his dog ready for the next one.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:54 pm 
IP:
Washington had good organization years ago but jealousy and justified selfishness pretty much killed it. The organization was way better then than Utah is now even.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:21 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

justified selfishness?

WTF

Justified selfishness = rationalization...which is lying to one's self.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Libby, how did the meeting go?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:50 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Well, Josh, there was talk of donating the money in the bank to a like club, which would have been MPHC since it is the only KC club within hundreds of miles (and that was suggested by the only Washingtonian there!)

The final decision was to just take a haitus and have a meeting end of September. It would be a in person meeting, probably on a Saturday since everyone works and a weeknight meeting involving travel is about impossible.

Nikki, George, Bob and I were the only ones at the on Monday, no one had stepped up to be an officer and none of us want to do it anymore. 75% of the people there were from Oregon, sad, huh?

It's funny that agreeing to just have a haitus took a weight off our shoulders.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

That's too bad.

The field trial we attended in December, seemed to have good participation. Seems surprising that so few stepped up to help save this club. Like I said before, we were looking forward to trying this coon hunting thing out for the first time.

Hopefully, by September, more people will step up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

millerthehound wrote:
Technically your not supposed to be on any of the training areas after dark but im in the army so i can kinda get away with it. I have a vehicle pass and have never seen any MP's south of the Nisqually anyway lol but just recently got a dog i can hunt so havent got to do any serious hunting but im headin out there tonight and i dont think im gonna come back till i tree something lol.

Mike

Yeah, we hunted this area quite a bit this year. Ran into the MP's and spent a few hours dealing with their ##*%*. We are army and have passes on our cars, it doesn't matter. They were pissed we were back there at all. We haven't gone back since because we wasted like 5 hours with the MP's searching our truck and writing reports, blah blah blah. It wasn't worth it at all. I'd be careful, we learned our lesson.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next