CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:23 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thai cooper wrote:
I agree with Toecutter 100%. Those of us who were around when Lipper was being hunted and bred know what he was and what he threw. He was bred to the absolute best females at the time, sired over 5000 pups and only had around 300 titled dogs!! 6%, you could breed your neighbor's pit bull to the bitches he was bred to and probably do better than that. Most dogs directly out of him were loose mouthed idiots, I had two from two good females and shot them both, the Walker breed would be a lot better off of other people had done the same. There have been some good dogs thrown from Grandsons and Great Grandsons of Lipper, after the blood was diluted, Skuna River Fred is a good example but really the only thing Lipper had going for him was being out of House's Clint, the only real coondog Joe House ever owned.
Tom

Couldn't agree more with both of you. Lipper was a cash cow for Hopkins and McAllister. I bought in to the Hype back in the 80s and owned several dogs off of Lipper and Houses Whiskey who was Lippers younger brother. NONE were worth a crap - trash running loose mouthed idiots. Lipper lined Hopkins and McAllisters pockets much better than he did producing Coondogs and bettering the breed.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:50 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Joe house owes a lot to tinsleys kennel for clint. Tess was without a doubt a rep. Being bred to several dogs producing top notch hounds. Like kaw river chief and tess made wldntch houses tom tom there were several more out of the cross that was up and competeing for the same title that yr.
Lipper come from a long line of reproducers if you got him 3rd gen his past could still pop up unlikly but plausable.
Some of lippers best decendants were from when he crossed with excelling females.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

There were actually 2 Tensleys Kansas Tess Females. #1 And #2, so it kinda makes it Look Like The One Was Bred More Times Then She Was.
Tom Tom's mother Tinsley's Kansas Tess #2 was out of Bun's Jack and Tinsley's Kansas Jane.
Tinsley's Kansas Tess #1 was out of Mack Twain and a female out of Indiana Boone Boy.
House's Tom Tom because of Tess #1 goes back to Mack Twain at least 3 times, Indiana Boone Boy at least 4 times,
Tom Tom's Sire Kaw River Chief goes back to Johnson's Banjo and House's Queen. so which dogs traits did Tom Tom have ?
so many differant traits are put into one dog from the other dogs behind it. unless you know the traits of those dogs how would you know what dogs traits you are liking in your dog?
so just because lipper shows on a set of 3 generation papers does not mean the dog the papers are on has any at all of the traits lipper had. so in reality some of these dogs that the owners are liking so much could have the traits of a no name male or female on the papers that were unknown dogs and people are giving lipper the credit because he was more famous. not actually knowing what lipper traits were is why it lights a fire under so many that think thier dog is lipper bred when someone points his traits out..
the All Grand Litters that are around Today. with so many famous dogs with so many differant traits behind them,i geuss it would be fitting to call them all grand bred dogs. because there is really no line of traits you can follow back to a line of dogs.it is the reason most are not great crosses, because of it just being a mixed bag of traits with titles.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:24 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Hey Toe cutter do any of your dogs go back to Lipper because I know both of mine do.And you are exactly right about which dog ends up with which traits.How many times have you had littermates and giving both of them the same opportunity and one of them ends up great and the other aint worth the bullet to shoot it!I just think Lipper is a name not many dogs today are breed close enough to him to carry traits from him.My uncle was drawn out with him in the 80's and he said Lipper was the illest dog he'd every seen in the woods ,but he also said that son-of-a-gun would tree a coon too.I haven't never owned a direct Lipper dog,and if these pups would have lived I would've paid good money for one of them. I do know according to my pups papers Lipper has almost 6000 pups and 10's of thousand grandpups and 100's of thousand greatgrandpups and probaly a million others!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Will have some lipper grandpups on the ground this summer. breeding to a direct son of lipper tomorrow.. will be performanced and super staked.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:37 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

MACK HAS NO LIPPER AT ALL.
BOOMER,DEACON,BUNKER SHOWS HIM IN THE 6TH GENERATION THROUGH WAGERS STYLISH LIPPER.
WHITEY SHOWS HIM IN THE 5TH GENERATION THROUGH WAGERS STYLISH LIPPER. BUT HE SHOWS WICKS STYLISH BANJO TWO TIMES IN THE 4TH. I THINK THAT IS WHAT GIVES WHITEY HIS RELENTLESS TRACK SPEED.
EVERYTHING I HAVE SHOWS MACKS TRAITS.WHICH ARE RED EAGLE DI CK/CROWDING BILLY TRAITS. EVEN THOUGH MACK IS A DIRECT SON OF SACKETT JR.
KIND FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS. BUT ITS BECAUSE OF MACKS MOTHERS LINEBREEDING OFF DI CK AND JR'S NACK FOR REPRODUCING THE TRAITS OF THE FEMALES BRED TO HIM..
JUST LIKE MORE LITTERS THEN PEOPLE WILL ADMIT WILL SHOW MORE OF THE MOTHERS TRAITS THEN THE SIRES AND MOST PUPS WILL SHOW MORE OF THE GRAND PARENTS TRAITS FROM THE MOTHERS SIDE TOO.
SACKETT JR ALWAYS PRODUCED THE FEMALES TRAITS HE WAS BRED TO.ITS WHY RAT ATTACK WAS A TREE HAPPY IDIOT LIKE HIS MOTHER.AND ITS THE REASON RAT ATTACK IS WHERE HE IS AS A REPRODUCER.ITS CAUSE OF THE FEMALES BRED TO HIM.
ITS WHY JR'S PUPS WERE FROM ONE END OF THE SPECTRUM TO THE OTHER.CAUSE OF THE BREED ANYTHING THAT WILL STAND STILL FOR HIM MIND SET. ITS HARD TO EVEN BE DISTINCT ON WHAT JR'S TRAITS WERE. HE WAS NOT OUT STANDING IN ANY.BUT VERY GOOD IN ALL ASPECTS OF WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A BALANCED COONDOG.
BANJO WAS A BALANCED DOG,BUT WITH EXCEPTIONAL TRACK SPEED.
WHEN I BRED MACK I DID SOMETHING KINDA OUT OF THE BOX. I KNEW LINEBREEDING FOR TRAITS WORKED. BUT SINCE MACK WAS A LAST OF HIS KIND CAUSE DI CK HAS BEEN GONE SO LONG. I DID NOT LOOK AT THE BLOODLINES OF THE FEMALES,JUST AT THIER TRAITS. AND I LOOKED AND FOUND FEMALES WITH THE SAME TRAITS AS CLOSE TO MACKS AS I COULD FIND. IT WORKED. IT DID NOT MATTER WHICH THE PUP GOT ITS TRAITS FROM,SIRE OR DAM, THEY WERE THE SAME TRAITS.
YOU SAID YOU LIKED THE XJR DOGS.
XJR IS SKIPPER /NAILOR ,BUT SKIPPERS MOTHER GOES BACK TO RED EAGLE DI CK.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:00 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

very good read!!! my dad always said litters will typically show more traits off the mother. and i lov e dogs with good track speed. my dads old stud dog was really quick. not many dogs could beat him to the tree in the hunts

GRNITECH GRCH HARDING'S ACE
pr' HARDING'S HARDWOOD KAT
pr' HARDING'S HIGH FIVE

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:04 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I would really love to know what went on with this litter. Start to finish... seems very odd

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:57 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

strapassassin1 wrote:
I would really love to know what went on with this litter. Start to finish... seems very odd

Don't know if this will answer all questions or not because all the answers aren't known yet, but it will give a little info about what is happening.

http://finleyriverchief.forumotion.net/ ... el-company

http://www.finleyriverchief.com
http://www.treeingwalkerhistory.com

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:04 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

HistoryNutt wrote:
strapassassin1 wrote:

Don't know if this will answer all questions or not because all the answers aren't known yet, but it will give a little info about what is happening.

LOL, how about a link that doesn't take us to another link we have to click that takes us to a page that still can't read unless we register and login.????????

How about a direct link or copy and paste it here????????

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Buckshot wrote:
HistoryNutt wrote:
strapassassin1 wrote:

LOL, how about a link that doesn't take us to another link we have to click that takes us to a page that still can't read unless we register and login.????????

How about a direct link or copy and paste it here????????

Not trying to make it hard but there is too much to copy and paste. Besides you might not want that on your site or you may get a letter from the TOA. lol If you are registered and signed in and don't sign out the link will take you to the info and you shouldn't have to sign back in again. There is more that will be going up just don't know how soon. If people are interested they are welcome to visit it, if it is too much trouble again my apologies.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:22 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

everyone with a walker should be a member.
more walker bloodline info then you will ever find anywhere eles.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:35 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Thanks for that link

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 11:42 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

What was the price on them pups. does any body know

HOME OF THE