CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:08 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

walker1978, i read that the part that said they died because of the carbon monoxide poisoning, which means it musta been one that burnt fuel, it was probably the kind that blew hot air. i actually told my old man today, i said "you remember that cross i told you about" he said "yeah". he couldnt believe it.

GRNITECH GRCH HARDING'S ACE
pr' HARDING'S HARDWOOD KAT
pr' HARDING'S HIGH FIVE

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

ghosthunter wrote:
walker1978, i read that the part that said they died because of the carbon monoxide poisoning, which means it musta been one that burnt fuel, it was probably the kind that blew hot air. i actually told my old man today, i said "you remember that cross i told you about" he said "yeah". he couldnt believe it.
there is a good chance your right but thats how rumers start if you know what i mean. some times its best to not asume things like that, or atleast say them. it is a shame that it happened like that but you live and learn i guess.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:42 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

no dont know what ya mean. what rumors am I startin? odyssey put IT all there in black and white, happy huntin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Looks like Hopkins came out smelling sweet as a rose. Wonder if the people who paid the high price deposits got them back.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:46 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I was wondering how many straws off him are left?They gotta be close to being gone!!RIGHT?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

petebill wrote:
I agreed its a terrible thing and mistakes do happen. It just seems like there's more to this story. Seems weird that all the info on this whole litter has just vanished

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

i agree and some how you here nothing about jane weather she is dead or anything but yet the pups died? makes ya wonder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:48 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Banjowalkerstyle wrote:
I was wondering how many straws off him are left?They gotta be close to being gone!!RIGHT?

man, i sure hope so!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:14 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

toe cutter wrote:
Banjowalkerstyle wrote:

man, i sure hope so!

Why do you hope so ? The Lipper and Sackett dogs are the best ever!BAR NONE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:10 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i never liked lipper or the pups directly off him when he was alive. and
i have hunted with several sperm babies since then off him and i don't like them either. just not my type of dog at all. too loose mouthed and too much back tracking and ghost tracking.
i think lipper did more damage to the walker breed then any other dog.
its just my opinion,but lipper does not deserve to be spoken in the same sentence as sackett jr.
people ask what is a lipper mouth,its a mouth that never shuts up. thats why they named him lipper. cause he gave alot of lip on the track. way way too much in my opinion.
but thats just an opinion.
and you know what they say about opinions - everyone has one and they all stink a lil to other people.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:56 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

You're right about the loose mouth,but to me I like a loose mouth dog!I don't like a tight mouth dog.I just feel like the more pressure put on a coon the faster it goes up,and with a lot mouth that just puts more pressure on one.And I know people like their tight mouth or silent dogs to run to catch.There's some reason almost all bloodlines today trace back to Lipper and Sackett!I love the walker breed and that's all I hunt.The reason I put Sackett in my comment is because the cross of Lipper and Sackett dogs has proven itself over and over again!I have a pup that goes back to Lipper and Sackett top and bottom,but who don't?I have a female that's Nailor on top and Lipper on bottom with sackett in there too,but Lipper didn't hurt the breed.And you guessed it that's just my opinion.I think the things that have hurt the breed are closer to home like people switching papers on dogs to sale,and people line breeding up close.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:29 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I am still feeding a direct son of sackett jr. probly the last one alive. there is absolutly NO lipper in his blood anywhere.
one big differance that effects our opinions differant is because i am talking dogs directly off lipper and you are talking dogs that go back to lipper. on any dog there are traits from 14 or more other dogs effecting what traits that one dog has showing. unless a dog is directly off lipper ,linebreeding is the only way it would still show many of lippers traits at all, if any!
and it depends on what traits came off which dogs too. although my dog is a direct son of sackett jr. him and his pups show the traits linebred into his mother, not sackett jr's traits but red eagle di ck / crowding billy traits.

Last edited by toe cutter on Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:32 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i kinda figured with your user name you were more of a wicks stylish banjo kind of guy. now banjo was the real deal. and again he had no lipper what so ever in him.
and before anyone takes my posts the wrong way, its really too bad about the pups off lipper and jane. just because i don't care for lipper don't mean i aint sorry for the deal going south on the cross. i really liked the xjr on jane cross. got some of the xjr doubled up with linebreeding and a nice litter a off high x pectations female and boomer that are really just out and out naturals. and there is NO close lipper in them either. at least not close enough to still show his faults. inbreeding and linebreeding is how they get pure bred dogs. without it our walker dogs and blueticks would still be english coonhounds. there is no too close.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:59 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Banjo is my pup he's decended from the Xjr and Jane on top and Radar on bottom.You're right I'm talking farther away than you are I never had a chance to hunt a straight off Lipper dog.Just all these crosses today are loaded with Lipper!Banjo was a Topnotch dog and I would love to have some of his blood.We can sit and criticize pedigrees allday everyday!LOL But for sure If it aint a WALKER it aint mine!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

jane wouldnt of died because of the simple fact most indoor kennels can go outside. the dog simpy would get up and abandon her pups like alot of mothers would do, when it come down to not being able to breath.
Steve catchs alot of crap from his pass, some facts alot rumors. He his trying and spending alot of dough to try in better the walker breed in his beliefs of going back. ( i have talked with steve since these pups were born several times)
Some dont think when need to go backwards to get better dogs,that we have them now. i for one think we need to go back get pups and mix them with todays for more nose less mouth. yes this prob. shouldnt be targeted with lipper. But ive talked to alot of people that had direct sons and daughters of lipper in they had alot of problems getting theres to tree. So might get rid of these slick treers or maybe less trees in 2hrs. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:02 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I agree with Toecutter 100%. Those of us who were around when Lipper was being hunted and bred know what he was and what he threw. He was bred to the absolute best females at the time, sired over 5000 pups and only had around 300 titled dogs!! 6%, you could breed your neighbor's pit bull to the bitches he was bred to and probably do better than that. Most dogs directly out of him were loose mouthed idiots, I had two from two good females and shot them both, the Walker breed would be a lot better off of other people had done the same. There have been some good dogs thrown from Grandsons and Great Grandsons of Lipper, after the blood was diluted, Skuna River Fred is a good example but really the only thing Lipper had going for him was being out of House's Clint, the only real coondog Joe House ever owned.

Tom