CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pocohontas Plotts
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:08 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Anyone here running this breed of plott on coons? I am going to pick up a 12 week old pup Saturday and plan on running strictly coons with it...
Thanks, JP

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Pocohontas Plotts
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:31 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a 2 1/2 yr old female I got from Mr. Gene. She has been a pleasure to train! She was chopperXjesse , both bear dogs to my understanding. I got her at 4 months old and only let her see coons that I box trapped and worked her on the cage and turned coons loose to her (with about a 10 minute lead) until she was about 6 months old. At 6 months she treed her first "wild" coon that she struck and treed herself. She has been a pretty straight dog and has a reputation among my buddies of being straight and very accurate.

Even in the local U.K.C. hunts I've got a lot of compliments from guys on how well she runs a track, trees hard and not ill with other dogs at all. I even over heard twice when we drew out guys saying "Oh know we drew that Plott and she's tough to beat" lol.
She did get her first win in April just a few days past her second birthday. I had her in about 8 hunts and she lost 3 other ones in the final 10 minutes so she had some good showings.

I am very happy and proud of my pocohotas plott but I do enjoy hunting with my buddies Walkers,Blueticks and Black and Tans, not to offend anyone.