CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Cameron hounds
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 2:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Does any one have any cameron hounds?If so, how do they hunt do u like them?Just needed some advice.thanx,
ac

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:58 pm 
IP:
ask buck shot i thank he has one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:13 pm 
IP:
I have one male who is just coming two years old. He HUNTS. He is not fast on track but fast enough. Deadly accurate on the tree and can most certainly grub out a dry ground Bobcat and put an end to the track more often than not. Very hard headed as a young pup, but learning to handle better now. Trashy as a town full of thieves to start with but also starting to straighten up now. Natural born rig dog, the best bawl mouth I have ever listened to and can run a cold track most other dogs can't even smell. He does tend to hackle up a little around strange dogs in the box but a gentlemen at the tree. He does get possesive around dead game but has been "schooled" on that issue and minds his manners. I think with a firm and knowledgeable master you can't go wrong with a Cameron, but if you allow them to, they will get the upper hand. I have spent a LOT of time hunting this young dog and have been very happy with him for the most part. I hope this helps. Oh, by the way, he is really the wifes dog and she is pretty high on him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:28 pm 
IP:
hay lck did you get the hound from MR.Del Cameron just wondering and do u thank you could post a few pics of him i was wanting to get one..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:54 pm 
IP:
carolinacooner71 wrote:
hay lck did you get the hound from MR.Del Cameron just wondering and do u thank you could post a few pics of him i was wanting to get one..

His parents came from Mr. Cameron. I got him from Eric Milligan here in Utah. The first pic is him at I think about 10 months. He has toned up a bunch sense then.

Heavy is on the far right on the rig box. I will try to get some updated pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:51 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

My Uncle has one that started treeing coons at 4 months old, and bear at 7 months old. Super fast on track, really accurate, very nice tree dog, and very easy to handle. They seem to be really smart, well rounded dogs.

Home Of World Champion OMCBA Gr.Sq.Ch. Culbertson's Wild Rose
Nt.Ch. Tree Time Galloway's Burley
Sq.Ch. Fowler Creek Stacy
W.Tr.Ch. Tree Time Maggie

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:02 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I am seriously thinking about switching from Redbone to Blue-Tic hounds. How do I get a Cameron hound? Should I call the man himself? I would love to hunt with one, to find out more about the breed. I've always loved Red dogs, but I got my first hound (of my own) in April and have been screwed by two different redbone dealers sense, so I am going to start from scratch. As a matter of fact, I have an awesome 2 and a half year old Redbone female for sale and will do a trade on her for a Cameron hound of comparable talent.

(301)535-7067
www.Hurricane-Kennel.com

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:12 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

when i was in jeffersonville ny last april there were some people there that had cameron bred hounds. emily who posts on here and ukcdogs.com may know who they are. they were from that area and members of the club there.

Team Milarken Ridge

we keep kids and dogs on track

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:18 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Here is a little word of Advice. Do your homework before you buy, and be ready to pay, because they are not cheap. Even a puppy will set you back three or four hundred bucks.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:33 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The world is so full of thieves and their average hounds, that I would give my kingdom for one good one. So three/four hundred for a pup is ok by me, if I can be for sure that it is born of what the breeder says it's out of. One guy tried to sell me a pup that was ten weeks old, when I know for a fact that the pups out of the cross that he originally told me I was getting were only 6 weeks old. For that reason, I would rather pay 3-4 hundred and get the real deal. Any suggestions???

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:16 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Wow he's a good lookin dog. lol I was thinkin oh god its another kind of dog Iv'e never heard of. I was shocked when the Catahoula Hound came to my attention :roll: lol They are beautiful though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:12 pm 
IP:
3 or 4 hundred not quite i you buy a pup from mr.cameron himself it will cost you 800 per pup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:59 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thousand

Frog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

how about thier feet how do you think they will hold up. i have never hunted with a really cold nose dog. thanks any help you all could give me

Post subject: Cameron hound
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:32 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

The Cameron hound that was at our club when Milarken was there has since died. He was a nice-looking hound-y dog with a beautiful bawl mouth and a very sweet temperament and he minded well. Shaggy fur. I never got to hunt with him. The owner found him escaped and dead at a neighbor's horse barn. Could have been leaned on by a horse, could have been bloat, could have been something else. He was only about a year and a half when he died.