CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: rat attack dogs
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:53 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

well people say rat dogs are mean slick treeing dogs. but hey it doesnt bother me, i may just be 16 years old but ive heard it all. what i always tell the ones that like to run there mouth about rat is, "well you probably dont want a rat attack dog, but you probably will after tonight" then its on lol :)

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:23 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

gabe,your proly right the ones talkin him down are just like the bluetick boys runnin down walkers ....there tired of gettin hulled out by one..lmao

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:27 pm 
IP:
i just a pup that is out of rat attack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:34 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you are exactly right sammy. but hey, everybody needs there time to shine, well not shine but brag. just look around, most of the winners are walkers, and most of them have rat attack in them. nothing realy gets to me anymore, ive heard it all and have come to find out, no matter what, just like my dad tells me every time i get drawed with the toughest ones, "SON, DON'T FEAR ANY OF THEM, JUST TAKE THAT BLACK AND WHITE DOG AND BEAT THEM". and that is usually how it goes. but everybody has to win some and lose some.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:46 pm 
IP:
ya the ones downing rat has probaly had there butt kicked more than once.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 pm 
IP:
and if you let your dog slick on a hundred trees you need your butt kicked

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Boys i know of more than one ratt breed dog that was made a platnum champion in PKC huntin 25$ small hunts with 8-20 dogs.....thats hard to do without a coon treer....that being said iv got a grand pup to ratt that makes me wanna twist his head off sometimes..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:08 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

my opinion rat dogs r being bred with too much tree power wich may cause slick treein, but also its not all the dog, is how u work with em

'pr' Davis's Union County Queen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:06 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My brother has a grandpup male out of rat, he's 1 year 2months old he trails nice, good mouth , but we are doing everthing under the sky to get this dog to tree.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

barrel: the pup is not slow to look up because of ratt blood that just happens sometime i'v see nailor pup take a while to look up..ratt put pleanty of tree in the bloodlines mabe to much thats always been the knock on him..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:14 am 
IP:
I believe it's mostly in the training!!!!!!!!! I have several dogs rat attack bred 2 that are straight out of him my nt ch female will miss some but no more than any other bloodline or breed.....my grnt male is 1 of the most accurate dogs i've ever been in the woods with in the 30 years I've been coonhunting very few times have I gone to a tree that has no meat or is a den !!!!! ALOT HAS TO DO WITH THE FEMALE!!!! PEOPLE BLAME A STUD DOG WHEN THEY ARE BREEDING FEMALES THAT SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BRED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:28 pm 
IP:
that pup barrel is talking about has now treed 4 of the last 5 drops 1 den tree 3 confirmed coon 5th drop took coon to hole and how i know it was a coon in hole i seen the coon out archery hunting and got down out my tree and got the pup while it was still light and watched the whole thing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:47 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well we all know there is good ones and bad ones in all of the lines. which is true. but the most true part is all in the training and patience. people that down other breeds or bloodlines are probably people that have been beat by one. or theyve just seen one and it did not do that great. id say if u get a rat dog you will be happy if trained properly.

Home of:

Nitech 'PR' Buck Creek Dan

GRCH 'PR' Sweet Tea Southern Suzi

RIP -- 'PR' Buck Creek Friendly 1-29-14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:45 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i try to stay away from from high powered tree dogs and i see more coons i never hunt any thing that has rat sackett or lipper in its ped but the walker breed has seen better days i wish every one would stop breeding tree dogs and if pkc would stop circling blank trees the breed would get better if you get a pup go with the parents that will tell you a lot

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:11 pm 
IP:
matt1982 wrote:
i try to stay away from from high powered tree dogs and i see more coons i never hunt any thing that has rat sackett or lipper in its ped but the walker breed has seen better days i wish every one would stop breeding tree dogs and if pkc would stop circling blank trees the breed would get better if you get a pup go with the parents that will tell you a lot

90% OR HIGHER OF WALKERS GO BACK TO THE DOGS LISTED ABOVE THEY ARE IN MOST PEDS AND OTHER DOGS PEOPLE PRAISE ARE CLOSE TO THESE DOGS GO TO FINLEY RIVER CHEIF. COM AND READ FOR YOURSELF IT'S IN THE TRAINING WHERE GET MOST OF THE BAD!!!!!!! BUT I AGREE BREED COONDOG TO COONDOG DON'T BREED A BROOD NO GOOD FOR NOTHING FEMALE TO A FLAVOR OF THE MONTH STUD DOG........ IT MAKES ME MADE TO SEE BROOD FEMALE FOR SALE WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN CULLED TO BEGAIN WITH.....US WALKER PEOPLE NEED TO TAKE LEASONS FROM PLOTT MEN AND CULL THE DUDS INSTEAD OF PASSING THEM ON FOR A BUCK OR TWO