CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:06 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

Northern blue hammer and Kelly bragg bloodline!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a Swamp Rooster Female now that is the best I've ever had. Awesome stay put tree dog, straight as an arrow and accurate on squirrel and coon.Not to mention my super pup trainer :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:27 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

It depends on what kind of dog you are looking for and what you want to feed Bluetick are like walkers there is good and bad but what you call good i might not feed me i like a dog that can really drive a track i mean run to catch lots of folks say there dog runs to catch but do they really and i want him to be a super locater and most of all brains brains brains must be smart i dont care about slober mouth tree dogs i would rather him sit on his but and tree let those others blow and use all that energy it does not tree coons or win hunts it does make good pictures though

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:38 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Where, where and how you hunt should determine which line of blue dog to purchase. I hunt in West Texas for coon and bobcats and New Mexico for lion. You need more nose and a more athletic type hound. I agree with LCK and Knifeman for the most part and love the Upson, Smokey River dogs. Most of my trees are short so a great tree dog is not a necessity. If fact I don't want a dog looking to tree for if it is looking for a tree, it is not running to catch.
Adios,
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:07 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I agree Gary if he is looking to tree he isnt running to catch stay put tree dog that runs to catch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:38 am 
IP:
I ABSOLUTLEY HATE most blue dogs.. BUT not all.. i LOVE the smokey river/utchman and upson blood.. i've never hunted with the dogs LCK is talkin about.. but to me i LOVE the smokey river for pup trainers and just good ol COONDOGS.. but far as the jet dogs... to be straight up and honest.. i've seen 4.. there late starters.. but they got some speed! and most of all BRAINS... my buddy hade one that was tall as all get out.. looked just like JET Vlll.. anywho, she would run every deer or bob cat she crossed.. *that was my 1st sign i liked her* after he got the straight and she started hittin the coons.. let me tell you.. im a walker man.. but that dog put it ALL OVER us walker boys.. lol.. no joke :lol: she was loud as all get out to.. when she treed you KNEW she was treed, there wasn't no maybe shes lookin up or debatin.. she drowned out most of us walker boys :( so he brought him a male dog off the same cross after she got killed.. anywho, he was a good little dog.. wasn't loud like the other dog, but had the track and brains and had the same problem with him that he had with the female dog with the cats and deer.. same thing after he got straightin out he was great.. but then we fount out alot of them JET male dogs seem to be grouchy.. he was grouchy so he culled him.. got 3 more males and they were all grouchy so he said the heck with it and started hutin utchman and upson.. good bloods.. but even though i hate blue dogs i steal hunt them.. i just sold a blue female that was smokey river breedin.. good ol dog...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:18 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I really like the Vaughn hounds myself. I do own some other hounds out of different lines. But I am soon to change and stick with the ol Vaughn blood.

I crossed my heavy Vaughn male with a heavy smokey river female and I will have to see how these pups turn out. only 2 months old now and playin with coon hide almost every day with them.

I have owned some Jet dogs and I will have to say I will pass on them. Super brazen Jet 7 was a rough and I mean rough dog. Did absolutly fine alone but I would guarentee you that there would be no other dog around his tree. I bought him off a guy in mississippi and had him not even a week worst money I ever spent. I have also had an ucthman dog that did the same. All lines have their faults and I am not singlein one out. I have had the best luck with vaughn hounds.

I am going to choose to stick with the vaughn dogs. That is my style and my opinion.

CH 'PR' HAUFS ELLEIGH MAE
'PR' HAUFS LIL BLUE TITAN III Gone but sure not forgotten
CH 'PR' HAUFS BLUE PSYCHO SADDIE

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I HAVE BEEN CONSIDERING RON TAYLORS LINE OF BLUE DOGS. THEY SEEM TO BE A COMPLETE HOUND. I WILL BE SHOPPING AROUND AT A.OAKS THIS WEEKEND. :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:19 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Best Line of Blueticks are the Elbert Vaughn Bloodlines I got 6 off them. I got some heavy bred vaughn pups for sale. Call if intrested 832 537 0224

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:04 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

The Spanky stuff is the best, Spanky himself was one of the best of all the breeds. Alot of the other stuff is eigther slower than a seven year itch or inconsitent. I've hunted with alot of Blue dogs, not to many good ones out there.

GRNITECH'PR' A&E'S TREE RAPPIN SLIM SHADY HTX

NITECH at 11 mo.
GRANDNITECH as a 2 yo.
2008 UKC WORLD HUNT TOP 100 FINALIST
2009 NATIONAL REDBONE DAY'S HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2009 PLOTT DAY'S HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2010 LEOPARD HOUND DAY'S HIGH SCORING BLUETICK
2011 HOOSIER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GRNTCH WINNER
2008,2009,2010,2011 UKC WORLD HUNT QUALIFIED
2010,2011 PERFORMANCE SIRE

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:14 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Go take a spin with Gary Uchtmans blues and you will see so fine hounds that gets it done fast and right !

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:03 pm 
IP:
I heard Pounder was throwing great pups as well as Bodacious if you can find pups off of them. But like I said I heard they were throwing good pups.

Post subject: poll for ya
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:49 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

what are the best top 5 blue dogs to breed to around tenn?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:44 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

IN MY PERSONAL OPINON IT WOULD BE A BALENCED CROSS OF UTCHMAN AN CASTLELBERRY.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:07 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Does anybody know about the vaughn line of dogs! who started them and where they are from? i met a guy the other day and he told me that his dad started the line in the 60's i'm not douting him i just would like to know somw history behind the vaughn line of dogs

PR kj mainstreet ugly (2 first place wins)

*** They gotta be buckers***
****ROCKINKK CATTLE CO.****

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next