CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:14 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT RUSSELL'S DOG PAC MAN HOW HE HUNTS OR JUST ANY INFO WILL HELP IM GONNA BUY A PUP WITH SOME OF THE PAC MAN BLOOD IN HIM

Walker Is Their Any Other Breed

http://www.blackgolddogfood.com/

http://www.blackgolddogfood.com/index.html

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:02 pm 
IP:
It is hard to tell if pac-man was still alive he would be over 25 years old, I think
But toe-cutter said he hunted with him , so if he comes on here maybe he can
tell you what you to know.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:56 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i drew pac man in the final cast of a ucha money hunt in the early 80s. he was a small built dog. fast dog, screaming bawl type mouth, he was accurate and stayed treed under pressure.and he was no angle on the tree........

unless the pup was close line bred off pac man,its hard to say what, if any, traits that pac man had, would still show in the pup. because of out crosses from differant dogs and bloodlines over the generations since pac man.
i would look closer at the sire and dam and grand parents of the pup to get an idea of what type dog the pup may turn out to be.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:16 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well if it aint close breed right off the line of pac amn take a closer look at the granda parents

i have a wlker gyp that is the direct daughter of grnitech abbotts liquied smoke and she is one hell of meat dog

what would you reccomend a great pup producer right now present time

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

all i know is the old dogs and their bloodline traits and type. the dog i am breeding and getting nice pups off of is my old dog, RED EAGLE MACK.
he is a proven reproducer and producing the finley river old school traits in them.i have one year old mack dogs i will show in the woods anytime you want to see a dog tree a coon.they were trained the old school way, no feeder buckets,no caged coon,i just took them hunting.
BUT MACK AINT FAMOUS,HE AINT TITLED OR GOT A ALL GRAND PED. HE IS PRODUCING AWLFULL NICE COONDOGS.the breeding on him is old school foundation stock from the finley river red eagle line on the bottom and he is one of the last direct sons off sackett jr still throwing pups.i have pics and more info on his posts in the TREEING WALKER classifieds under
RED EAGLE MACK/STUD/PUPS/PICS,
plus posts/pics from many happy owners of his pups off differant females. some have another booked.
ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE BLIND TO A DOG THAT HAS NOT GOT A ALL GRAND PED OR IS A FAMOUS STUD DOG. THATS FINE AND I CAN SEE THE REASONs. I BREED TO MACK BECAUSE OF WHAT HE PRODUCES/ THE TRUE REAL DEAL TYPE COONDOGS I LIKE TO HUNT.
i have hunted this same line of finley river dogs for 36 yrs years,.mack is one of very few,that puts the old blood type traits this close in a pup. 5 LITTERS OF PUPS WERE ALL BOOKED BEFORE THE FEMALES WERE EVEN BRED. THATS EVERY LITTER I HAVE HAD OFF HIM IN THE LAST YEAR.I HAVE A LITTER DUE ANY DAY now,ALL BOOKED.. AND I HAVE ONE MORE CROSS PLANNED TO BE MADE THIS MONTH, AUGUST, AND MOST THAT LITTER IS ALREADY BOOKED UP.mack is 12, i bred him the first time in his life last year.i've owned and hunted him since he was 2..
pick a stud that is reproducing the type of dog you want to hunt.....the kentucky ohio line is a 4 hr ride from me....LOL....

if i had to pick a dog other then MACK for myself to breed my females to,i would choose,dizzy,iron mountain chizle,or christy claytons sid dog,because of the type traits my females have.ITS NOT JUST PICK THE STUD THAT IS REPRODUCING,BUT PICK THE ONE THAT WILL CROSS THE BEST ON YOUR FEMALE........................TC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:29 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well how i know which would cross best with my female

I would love to come up and hunt with you sometime and see a dog that is not trained on feeders or caged coons

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

most pups will show more traits from the grand parents and on back in the bloodline then the sire or dam show. that is why a linebred stud dominates crosses and why line bred crosses work. the traits are in the whole line,parents,grand parents and on back. line breeding takes selectivly breeding related dogs and bloodlines,selecting and crossing only the ones showing the desired traits you want and not showing the faults you can't live with...
i look at line breeding as being able to draw direct lines from a pup back to the same dog or dogs bloodline that have my desired traits top and bottom.the traits i'm trying to put in the pups..how many times and how close the lines are will change how strong the traits stay.
the litter one of my females is ready to drop now. the sire of the pups,mack, is a half brother to the mothers grand dad on her bottom side,her sire is a grandson of macks dad on the top.the same dog that sired mack and his half brother thats on the bottom side of the female, is also her sires grand dad on her top side.

the stud that is related to your female and her bloodline that shows the same traits you like in her, without unwanted faults, is what i would be looking for.

before anyone says inbreeding.of course it is,but it ALL IS anyway, all purebred dogs are inbred. thats how they became a purebred breed. so any time you cross say 2 walker dogs,you are already inbreeding. IF YOU ARE BREEDING WITH IN THE BREED.YOU ARE INBREEDING.call it inbreeding,outcrossing or line breeding,its still in truth all inbreeding. line breeding is just doing it with some DIRECTION, WITH THE PURPOSE of getting desired traits.this is just my veiw of it and i am by no means any kind of pro breeder,genetics expert or nothin.i breed for type.the type of dogs i like to hunt.

our coon are so thick here,we dont need feeder buckets to attract coon to get a hot track for a young dog.bout the only time they aint on the move is dead winter in the deep snow.as far as caged coon, showing a dog a coon in a cage is far over rated as a training method......................TC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:16 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well i never looked at it that way but i gess it is right if you breed to walkers together its in breeding and to be pure bred they have to be inbred. thanks tc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:25 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

THANKS FOR THE KIND WORDS TC!!! ALOT OF PEOPLE OVERLOOK SIDS REPRODUCTION ABILITY CAUSE HE IS NOT ALL GRAND. ALL I CAN SAY IS ITS THEIR LOSS NOT MINE. LOL.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SID YOU CAN CLICK THIS LINK BELOW. WE WOULD BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHOW HIM WITH AT LEAST 2 OR 3 SONS OFF SID ALL OFF DIFFERENT FEMALES.

WE WILL SHOW THEM ON WILD COONS ON GAME LANDS.

THIS LINK IS ALL ABOUT SID.....
http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.ph ... did=251943

THIS LINK IS ALL ABOUT WHAT SID PRODUCES.....(THERE IS 30+ OFFSPRING FROM HERE ON THIS THREAD)

http://forums.ukcdogs.com/showthread.ph ... did=176378

NTCH'PR'Sugarcreek Sue
GRCH'PR'Sackett 2 Em Skeeter
Benelli, Beretta-2 pups out of Skeeter X Hercules (RIP)
SID'S Loud & Rowdy

828-269-8768-QUINCY - 828-269-4678-ME
(If we dont answer, leave a message)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:16 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

when more people look at traits and types insted of titles there will be a drastic improvment in the % of real coondogs produced,especially in the walkers.i would much rather be able to brag on what a young dog does, insted of how many gr nites its out of.

christy:
sids sire: gr nt ch tar heel nitro and sids mothers sire: gr nt ch rock river frank are both half brothers to red eagle mack.being a big believer in line breeding,i have studied sid and his off spring very close.i have often thought of a cross of a female off mack to sid.it would be a grandson of jr to a grand daughter of jr.i pay alot of attention to what dogs are related and how,and what traits they have common to one another.like clover and nite heat (half brothers). clover and hardwood logan (full brothers).stylish hayes mother is out of hardwood logan.crowding dan and red eagle di ck (full brothers.) thats what i see when i look at peds,not the titles. just about every top stud in the last 10 yrs was a half brother or out of a female that was a half sister to sids sire nitro,/stylish jake,babes stylish banjo,trackmans mother,dozers mother,cowee creek clint and even my non famous old dog.. and many more.all being half brothers or sisters out of sackett jr.kinda tells me where the reproducing bloodline is at. jr's name is on all these walkers papers for a reason.
like the old saying, i dont want a dog out of the world champion,i want one out of the dog that produced the world champion.
....................................TC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:22 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

EXACTLY! THAT IS WHY WE DONT EVEN WORRY ABOUT FEMALES PEDIGREES UNTIL WE KNOW WHAT THE OWNER (OR OURSELVES) IS LOOKING FOR OR WANTS.

PEDIGREES ARE GREAT, BUT THEY ARE NOT NEEDED TO PRODUCE QUALITY HOUNDS. THE SAME PUPS ARE GOING TO COME OUT WETHER YOU SEE THE SET OF PAPERS BEHIND THE DOG OR NOT.

FIRST THING WE ASK PEOPLE IS DOES SHE SUIT YOU? THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO US. NOW FOR OUR OWN PURPOSES, WE LIKE FEMALES TO HUNT. THEY DONT HAVE TO BE WORLD BEATERS, BUT THEY'VE GOT TO SHOW THE DRIVE OR DESIRE TO DO IT FIRST AND FOREMOST.

LIKE SKEETER, THAT DOG HAS MORE DRIVE AND HEART THAN MANY DOGS WE'VE EVER BEEN IN THE WOODS WITH. SHE IS A JAM-UP BEAR DOG, AND SHE CAN STILL TREE COONS TOO. BUT SHE LIKES BEAR BETTER, SO WE HUNT HER ON BEAR. PROBABLY NOT MUCH THIS SEASON, CAUSE SHE IS FIXING TO SPIT OUT A LITTER OF PUPS IN A WEEK OR SO. LOL.

YEAH, A FEMALE OFF MACK CROSSED ON SID OR VICE VERSA WOULD BE NICE. I BET THE WOULD BE TRACK DRIVING DOGS WITH INCREDIBLE NOSES WITH ALL THAT RED EAGLE/FINLEY RIVER BREEDING. SEE THAT IS WHAT THE BOTTOM SIDE OF SID GOES BACK TO. FRANK ON TOP/FINLEY RIVER, MATHIS CAROLINA CASEY ON THE BOTTOM BOTTOM. LOT'S OF OLD COON DOG BLOOD IN THERE!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i ve got a grand son out of pac man, he is 15 now, pac man was out of ky river striker, goes back to finley line of dogs, my dad drawed striker in a hunt back in early 80's, the story is the dogs hit a deer. striker runs off and leaves the other dogs dad said striker be a 100 yds or better in front of the pack, drops off tree a coon up a brush, the other 3 dogs still driving the deer, they score the coon, striker goes back in catches the pack in just a little bit and get the lead agian, drops off and tree again got a coon, dad said the dog did this 3 times had a coon up a brush or small tree all 3 times, i ve heard a story about pac man running a deer down and catching it on a cast, the dog i got was the most trash running young dog i ever mess with, he burn a deer up, but he could burn a coon up, if they was in a cornfeild he had to come out or he catch it, i tried shocking him, beatin him, he just started dropping off on a coon, when he was 4 quit running deer altogether. dog could bad a bad track too, do it quick and have the coon

Post subject: Pac-man info
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 7:17 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If anyone has info on bellars pac-man please tell me a little about him,how he hunted or anything

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:29 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Thanks for the info. I have a female that is a grand daughter of pac man and is double line bred to him and was wanting to know if her hunting style was similar to his. She also is a small frame dog,lighting fast and hard tree dog. I am considering on breeding her and knowing a little about her past family helps.