CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:56 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

This thread can be found in the Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section:

viewtopic.php?t=20917

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:22 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am bringing this back to the top.

It is getting rediculus on the amount of spamming in all the forum sections.

Maybe some of you are missing it, but there is a WANTED Classified section on the forum...........so if your wanting a dog, post it there. NO reason to post it in every single breed classified section. If you want to post 1 wanted ad in a breed section that is fine, but don't post duplicate wanted ads. Don't post a wanted ad in a breed classified section then tomorrow, 2 days later, next week, and etc... post another new wanted ad in the same breed classified section.

No need to post an ad then a couple days later post another ad saying to look at the other ad (your original ad) - That is spamming ads.

Don't post an ad saying will trade so and so for a dog/pup then turn around and post another ad looking for a dog/pup. You only need ONE wanted ad looking for the dog/pup. Whether your willing to buy or trade for the dog/pup. Same with equipment.

If your selling a light or wanting to trade the light, it needs to go in the Equipment section, not every single classified section on the forum.

And Etc....

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bringing this back up to the top for a reminder.

Seems a crop of new users having issues with this policy that has been around since 2006 and is mentioned at the bottom of the Forum Registration page before users register.

If you do not like the policy, then don't register for the forum -- it's not going to change because you do not like it. If you do not follow the policy warnings or don't care about the policy warnings, you'll end up having to spam another forum.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:53 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Folks how many same ads do you need in the same section?

Just deleted 6 different ads advertised in the Bluetick Classified section for the same litter of pups -- Seriously 6 ads for the same litter......That is crazy!!!!!!!

Damn, I know folks want to sell their pups, dogs, and goods but it is getting ridiculous.

Just today alone, found several users spamming their pups, dogs, and goods.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:23 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seems lately, folks who are receiving a PM about Spamming the forum are turning around and Spamming the forum with total disregard to the Spamming Policy.

It's not like the Spamming Policy is hidden, matter of fact, many different ways to access it:

SPAMMING -Posting the same post in all or different sections:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20917

As you will see below, many different ways to find the Policy:

The Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section.

OR

Concerning Site and Forum Issues Section

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab at the top of the Classified listings.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab in the white box at the top of EVERY Classified section.

The Spamming Policy states straight up what will happen if you turn around and Spam the forum after being warning about Spamming the forum.

New members who register and the first thing they do is spam the forum with the duplicate ads will have their accounts deleted out and will need to re-register and read the Forum Code of Conduct they agreed to when they registered.

If you re-register and first thing you do is spam again, then you will need to find a new forum to spam.

Current members who receive a PM about posting duplicate ads and then turn around and post duplicate ads again after all the duplicate ads were deleted will need to find another forum to spam as well.

If your a business (Hunting Supply, Dog Trainers, and Etc...) and spam the forum with ads and/or use the PM feature to spam, you will automatically be banned.

Buckshot wrote:
When I send you a PM concerning the duplicate ads policy and you turn around and go back to posting duplicate ads, your account will be banned.....simple as that.

I did not put this paragraph in the policy just to add it to eat up space, I put it in as a deterrent and warning of what will happen if you want to disregard the rules - even after being warned about the rule.

Quote:
Current members who receive a PM about posting duplicate ads and then turn around and post duplicate ads again after all the duplicate ads were deleted will need to find another forum to spam as well.

This is NOT a new Policy, the Spamming Policy was created in 2006 and here we are in 2013.

For those that have an issue with the rules and policies of the site, we posted this thread 5 years ago that has a suggestion:

Forum Membership -- You are a Guest on this Site
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=78434

Excerpt:

Quote:
The forum rules and way it is operated is what it is............folks can either accept it or they can find another hound forum as CoonDawgs.com is not the only one on the net.

If you don't want to use the forum because of our rules and policies, that is your choice. Kinda like the various Kennel Clubs, folks have choices to what they want to hunt in if they don't like how the rules and procedures are in another Kennel Club. Same thing with these Hound Hunting sites -- different choices of Hound Hunting sites to choose if you don't like the rules and procedures of a site. If you want to disregard the rules as though they do not apply to you, you can expect us to cull your account.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:20 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buckshot wrote:
Bringing this back up to the top for a reminder.

Seems a crop of new users having issues with this policy that has been around since 2006 and is mentioned at the bottom of the Forum Registration page before users register.

If you do not like the policy, then don't register for the forum -- it's not going to change because you do not like it. If you do not follow the policy warnings or don't care about the policy warnings, you'll end up having to spam another forum.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:31 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Example of spamming the same section with multiply ads:

If you spam the forum and your current user, you will receive a PM similar to this:

Quote:
You already had an wanted ad in the Black and Tan Classified section posted on 21 March and then 19 Aprl 2013 and then again today. That is Spamming and we have a Spamming Policy (Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section).

You do not need to post 3 ads - you only need ONE.

Matter of fact, we been posting monthly reminders about the Spamming Policy in the Site News and Announcement section with a recent post.

SPAMMING -Posting the same post in all or different sections:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=20917

As you will see below, many different ways to find the Policy:

The Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section.

OR

Concerning Site and Forum Issues Section

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab at the top of the Classified listings.

OR

Click on the Forum Rules Tab in the white box at the top of EVERY Classified section.

You can PM us back and say we are a ##*%* and we are rude for sending you the PM and threaten not to ever use the forum again.

If you look 2 post up, we even posted a suggestion for those that have an issue with the rules and policies of the site.

Quote:
This is NOT a new Policy, the Spamming Policy was created in 2006 and here we are in 2013.

For those that have an issue with the rules and policies of the site, we posted this thread 5 years ago that has a suggestion:

Forum Membership -- You are a Guest on this Site
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=78434

Excerpt:
Quote:

The forum rules and way it is operated is what it is............folks can either accept it or they can find another hound forum as CoonDawgs.com is not the only one on the net.

If you don't want to use the forum because of our rules and policies, that is your choice. Kinda like the various Kennel Clubs, folks have choices to what they want to hunt in if they don't like how the rules and procedures are in another Kennel Club. Same thing with these Hound Hunting sites -- different choices of Hound Hunting sites to choose if you don't like the rules and procedures of a site. If you want to disregard the rules as though they do not apply to you, you can expect us to cull your account.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:34 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Folks this is not a new Policy. Not sure what the big deal about us not allowing you to spam the forum. I get it you want to sell your dogs, pups, equipment, and etc or want to find a dog, pup, equipment, and etc..... but your not going to spam this forum doing so.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:59 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Is the Spamming Policy really that hard to understand? I mean, I list examples on what Spamming is. Explain what Spamming is. State what will happen if you spam.

Reason I ask is because I will send warning PM's about the Spamming Policy with a direct link to it along with all the ways to find it on the forum as well as mention this thread being posted nearly monthly as a reminder and folks will turn right around after reading and respond to the warning pm about Spamming and go back to Spamming as though the rules and policies do not apply to them or they feel they are above it.

It is pretty straight forward in the Spamming Policy:

Quote:
New members who register and the first thing they do is spam the forum with the duplicate ads will have their accounts deleted out and will need to re-register and read the Forum Code of Conduct they agreed to when they registered.

If you re-register and first thing you do is spam again, then you will need to find a new forum to spam.

If your a business (Hunting Supply, Dog Trainers, and Etc...) and spam the forum with ads and/or use the PM feature to spam, you will automatically be banned

You can send me a nasty email after you been banned, threaten to tell everyone what happened to you, call the rule crazy, and yadda yadda yadda.......Policy was here before most and will be here after most............HINT - IT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE. If you don't the agree with Spamming Policy or any other Policy on the forum for that matter, then DO NOT USE THE FORUM........Not like there isn't other Hound Forums on the net that you can choose to post your free ads on.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:41 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Here is a tip on NOT getting banned or account deleted for Spamming.

New Users Accounts Deleted Out For Spamming

- When you register on the forum, at the very bottom of the Registration Page in bold it states:

Quote:
There is a Forum Code of Conduct that constitute the rules of the forum. Each member that registers and uses the forum must abide to the forum rules. Members who choose not to follow the forum rules may have their account suspended, deleted, or banned. (Spamming the forum with ads, sabotaging others ads, bad deal policy, and etc...)

By clicking "I agree to these terms" below, you agree to be bound by these conditions.

It is also in the welcome email you receive after your account is activated.

The tip is actually read the Forum Code of Conduct and Policies section to know the forum rules you agreed to when you registered.

Current Members Accounts Banned For Spamming

- You will receive a WARNING PM about Spamming that even contains a direct link to the Spamming Policy as well as all the ways to access the Spamming Policy.

The tip is actually click on the link to the Spamming Policy in the Warning PM you were sent and actually read it - if you chose to disregard the PM and not read the Spamming Policy and go back to Spamming, don't act all surprise and tell me you didn't know/realize AFTER you have been banned for Spamming.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:43 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buckshot wrote:
Folks this is not a new Policy. Not sure what the big deal about us not allowing you to spam the forum. I get it you want to sell your dogs, pups, equipment, and etc or want to find a dog, pup, equipment, and etc..... but your not going to spam this forum doing so.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:16 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buckshot wrote:

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:24 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sent a Spamming Warning PM like the example posted above.

Apparently, because we do not allow folks to spam the forum with ads looking for a dog, then were are the reason kids don't get to hunt or have dogs.

Quote:
now I see y kids don't get to hunt and have dogs cause of pople like u .

I am gonna be straight up and say anyone that thinks that BS can go to hell. To sit there and blame me for youth hunters not being able to hunt or have dogs because we do not allow forum spamming is one of the most asinine things I have heard in awhile.

I get your pissed because we do not allow you to spam the forum with ads, but to blame me for youth hunters not being able to hunt and not having dogs.....well, people like that can go to hell for all I care if they want to accuse me of that BS. I salute you with a middle finger flying proudly.

And if you don't like forum rules or how the forum is ran, CoonDawgs.com is not the only hound forum on the net so don't let the door hit you on your ##*%* on the way out.

Accusing me of BS concerning youth hits a raw nerve with me. One that I will not put up with and make me go un-christian in a heartbeat.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:10 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

While it is a new year (2014), the Spamming Policy that was was created in 2006 has not changed - New Year, Same Policy.

To make locating different subjects and topics, we have the forum broken down into different section.

It wasn't done that way to give folks numerous sections to spam nor to spam the same section.

Profile  WWW

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:55 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Buckshot wrote:

Profile  WWW

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next