Cajun lights 10%  10%  [ 20 ]
other 35%  35%  [ 69 ]
Total votes : 197
 Post subject: lights
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:32 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I would like to know if you had the opportunity to purchase a new light what would you purchase. Also would like to know if you have had personal durability issues with any lights that you have use.

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 1:48 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hey, Sarge.I hunted with the same Nite Lite(hot light) for over 15 years and in that time I replaced the battery once and don't remember EVER changing a bulb.I got aggravated one night because I couldn't get in and out of the truck with it on,and my hunting buddy's light had just checked out so I gave it to him.I bought a Foggy Top 10 volt that the battery would fit in my back pocket and it worked good for about 6 months.The battery quit holding a charge, so I sent it back.It worked good for a few more months, and something burned up inside.I sent it back and they fixed it again.It worked good for a few more months and wouldn't hold a charge again.This time, when I sent it back, they replaced it with a brand new 18 volt,but in the meantime I had gotten a killer deal on a S&S 20 volt belt light a friend had bought and never looked back. When the Foggy Top arrived I took it out of the box to make sure it worked and put it on here for sale(Brunner on this board has it if you want to know how well it works).Don't get me wrong, I don't think for one second that Foggy Top makes a second- rate product, I just happened to get a dud battery, and their customer service and willingness to make things right far outweighed the problems I had with that one light.But now that I'm spoiled to a belt light, I don't think I'll ever be lugging a box light around anymore.

To answer your question, I'm familiar with Bright Eyes and Blazer and both make a fine product, but for the money and what I've seen first hand, it's hard to beat this S&S.I also say that if Nite Lite ever comes out with a 20- 28 volt belt light that will hold up to what myself and probably 99 % of what most coonhunters have put the old Nite Lites through(since EVERY coonhunter has owned a Nite Lite), these other guys won't stand a chance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:57 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Coleman thank you so much for responding. I have a Nite light and it has held up well, but it’s getting to the point that I have to get something for the boys and they can bust a hammer LOL!!!! That is the reason for this post; they are harder on equipment than a soldier LOL!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:11 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I have only 1 light and it is an S&S. I bought it a little over a year ago and have not had any problems with it yet. I am very satisfied with it. It is a 20 volt belt light and I bought it with a bump cap, spot light, and pop cover, all for $250 brand new.

Let your dogs run wild!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:37 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a Bandit 22volt belt light. It was a standard package w/a smart charger for $300. I bought it last December and since then it has been soaked,worn while crawling through briar thickets, and a little muddy. So far it has held up really well. Most of the time I can make 3 nites on one charge as long as were not out for 8 hours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:59 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thanks guys for responding!!!!! coondogger were in Nebraska do you live I need a hunting partner!!!! were is Malmo in relation to Kearney????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:15 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I'm sure you know old bess and probably nitestalker from Central City. I live straight East on highway 92 about 74 miles. I am 34 miles North of Lincoln or 7.6 miles West of Wahoo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:31 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

That would be about 2 hours, Yeah I have talked with them both. night stalker and Paul might come down this way to help me introduce some kids to hound hunting in a couple of weeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:15 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

BTT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:17 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I use a 21 volt Bright Eyes light and I love it. I own and use a bright eyes light, but the question you asked is what kind would I buy now, and depending on money I would get the 21 volt S and S light. Everyone that seems to have it likes it and for the money you can't beat it. Yes I perfer my Bright Eyes light because that is what I use, but if I could start over I would save 100 dollars and get a S and S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:33 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

bamacoonhunters thanks for the information!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:54 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i love my bandit 20 volt it lights up the whole woods and is light and if it ever breaks or something goes wrong the guy fixes it for free it is an awesome light and they have good prices just go on google and type in bandit coon hunting lights. they have pretty good prices and he might have refurbished lights too he is a blueticker and a hell of a nice guy. give him a call and talk to him bout blueticks and coonhunting and he will hook u up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:31 am 
IP:
Sarge, My Wick light is made by Blazer and seems to be tough enough. If or when I decide to get another it will be a belt light of some kind. I DO NOT like lugging that big ole box through the brush etc. It is well made and plenty bright but just too bulky for me. I sure wish I had a belt light most of the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:40 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thanks guys. So do you all fill a belt light is the way to go with the boys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:39 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yes. You don't have as much of a problem with snagging or wrapping up in vines. they fit close to your waist so its easier to manage w/heavy clothing. Also I'm sure you've seen the ads but some companies offer a slightly lower voltage light which makes the pouch smaller and lighter. I don't know how old your boys are, but sonething to think about with younger kids.