yes 52%  52%  [ 25 ]
no 31%  31%  [ 15 ]
its alright, but ive used better 17%  17%  [ 8 ]
Total votes : 48
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:37 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

anyone use the nite lite Extreme Belt Lite PRO 21volt or the 28volt? what are your thoughts on it, is it a good light? is there a better one out there?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:16 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I've been waiting on this one a long time.Granted, it's VERY new, and probably more than a little experimental,but it IS nite lite, and you have to look at their reputation.I've said many times I carried the same Hot lite for over 15 years and the guy I sold it to is still carrying it.I'd like to see the price come down a little, but If I hadn't just bought a S&S light a few months ago, I'd be ordering mine now.To answer your question, I don't think you can go wrong with a Nite Lite product-if these belt lites last as long as the old hot lites and coonhunters favorites,you're looking at about 20 dollars a year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:08 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i was thinking about getting the 21volt belt light for myself and maybe the Nite Sport II or somthing like that for the boyfriend. is the nite sport II any good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:18 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Im like coleman, I have always used NiteLite with NO problems. They will go for ever. I think Nite Lite has always been good, reliable lights. They have also always been bulky, and heavy. That is their only down side I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 3:19 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I've spotted coons with a $2.49 flash light, so I thing the most important thing is to stay in the woods. I use a Sunburst Eagle II and I like the fact that it's low end is LOW. On low it probably isn't as bright as that flashlight I used to use. On the high end, they are all good enough to see the whole coon, once the leaves are off the trees. So my theory is, "If you have enough light to walk safely, you've got enough to kill coons."

(301)535-7067
www.Hurricane-Kennel.com

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 11:49 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have used a 28 volt Cajun for several years. Won't use anything but a Cajun. But, I have found through careful study, If it ain't there ain't no light gonna show it to ya.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:40 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

thats true

PR Miller's Mountain Moonshiner (Moon)
Give It All You Got With Plotts.
John Miller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:40 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Hurricane wrote:
I've spotted coons with a $2.49 flash light, so I thing the most important thing is to stay in the woods. I use a Sunburst Eagle II and I like the fact that it's low end is LOW. On low it probably isn't as bright as that flashlight I used to use. On the high end, they are all good enough to see the whole coon, once the leaves are off the trees. So my theory is, "If you have enough light to walk safely, you've got enough to kill coons."

Funny you say that.My dad used to give me crap about my lugging that big ol light thru the woods.He said they used to find coon just fine with a carbide lantern.He also told me when I wanted my first car that he walked 20 miles to school- uphill both ways.

Amanda, a friend of mine had one of those nite sports- it wouldn't hold up to daily use and overcharging.He bought a new battery for it about every 3 months.I got it from him and kept it in the dog box for a back up and it would go dead after about 2 weeks with no use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:51 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

coleman wrote:
Amanda, a friend of mine had one of those nite sports- it wouldn't hold up to daily use and overcharging.He bought a new battery for it about every 3 months.I got it from him and kept it in the dog box for a back up and it would go dead after about 2 weeks with no use.

im glad you replied to that ? cuz im tryin to decide what to get the boyfriend... it would be for him when he went, and for a backup- and i dont wanna spend a fortune on it... any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:22 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Honestly, you'd be better off buying a used light at a hunt or off of here than buying a cheap light that's gonna nickle and dime you to death.I see lights on here that are some pretty good deals and I've seen some at hunts that could be picked up real cheap.For the money, the hot light, or coonhunters' favorite, or even the old wheat lights will work great, and won't let you down- and if your light goes dead when you're waist deep in a swamp, it don't matter what you paid for it or how powerful it is.I've started carrying a mini mag in my pocket because of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:07 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Uncle Coon,

You are talkin' my language! The most important piece of equipment in coon hunting is an accurate dog! When I was a boy, Big Daddy (my Grandfather) wouldn't let us carry a gun if he were not going with us, so we had to cut the tree down with a crosscut saw, or climb the tree for a shake out. That didn't take any light at all. :lol: :lol: :lol: For all of you extreme humanitarians who have never spanked a dog, try cutting down a couple slick trees with a crosscut saw. I guarantee that something will give! Fortunately, Big Daddy's dogs were pretty good. Also, Coleman is right about the mini-mag backup. That's just as important as boots that don't leak!!!

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:52 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

anymore opinions on the belt light? or any suggestions on a light for the boyfriend?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:22 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

As far as Nite Lite's rather late entry into the huge market for nicd and nimh lights...WHO COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN DOING THEIR MARKETING DECISIONS!...Anheuser Busch is what it is because they perceive every bit of liquid that gets near a person's lips as their competitor and they are ruthless about it. Granted, you're going to find coon hunters that still like a buggy whip, but for that matter some University did a reflected light study and the best shine off the back side of a coon's eye came from a kerosene lantern - the old focussed beam pressurized type.
Nite Lite isn't building it's own battery and switch plants in China. They have to buy the same Panasonics, Sanyos, and try to guess which generics are the same battery in a plain wrapper like the guys who have been doing it for years. There's different ideas about how much power should be lost at the switch , etc. but my Grandpa used to turn off the vcr because of the little clock using electricity all night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:28 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

anyone use the nite lite Extreme Belt Lite PRO 21volt what are your thoughts on it, is it a good light?

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:18 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

different people different opinions ... i am still using the 6 volt nite lite tops , cords , and heads i bought 25 years ago and they still work just fine ... only had to replace the batteries over the years ...