CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: tracking system?s
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:37 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

im thinking about buying a tracking system ,need to know whats good an whats not .i live in north east alabama /mountains .first ? what collars are best /second ? receaver .sorta like to get at least 2 dog maybe 3 so can leave on at truck /thanks yall.

joeowens47@yahoo.com

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:51 am 
IP:
I use an Innotek. I think it's the RD-400. I have not had any problems with it. It come with 2 Innotek collars. I hunt hills and small mountains and it picks up good.

Post subject: wildlife materials
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:19 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I used to have a trx3 with 3 collars and loved it very very accurate I now have trx10s still playing with it but seems to have good accuracy and range. By far the best collars are johnson 16000 always used them and they have better range and strenght than my wild life or rats collars. plus u can get them on sale for $100 right now through johnson. trx 3 with antenna and 1 collar is like $550 unless u can find a used one.

Nite Ch Ch Jokers louisiana Lotto
CH PR. BEEBES PALE FACED PETE PUKEY

Post subject: facts
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:35 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the 1000 wildlife or the ats are the best available period. I have tried them all and under any conditions these will not let you down. Wildlifes new collar is also unbeatable it will give you a beep under the worst conditions when you cant even get a signal from the others. All it boils down to is what price your willing to pay for peace of mind and time saved.You'll find like most things you get what you pay for.

Post subject: facts
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:42 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

the 1000 wildlife or the ats are the best available period. I have tried them all and under any conditions these will not let you down. Wildlifes new collar is also unbeatable it will give you a beep under the worst conditions when you cant even get a signal from the others. All it boils down to is what price your willing to pay for peace of mind and time saved.You'll find like most things you get what you pay for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:56 pm 
IP:
hav ehad good results with F&L and quick track havent lost a dog yet hope this helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:05 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i first had an old wildlife tracking system w/ 2 collars 1 was a johnson collar and both were fine. my new system is 2 Kline collars, and the receiver is an Icom CR10 it is super! far and away the best receiver on the market, when coupled w/ a good 3 element Yagi. there isn't a collar made i can't track! it does it all, i don't even have to know what frequency other collers are. with the skan feature it will search and lock on to them. it is SUPER

Post subject: PEGVKY
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:45 pm 
IP:
FIRST OFF PEGVKY YOU ARE DEAD WRONG ABOUT WILD LIFE TO MUCH BOUNCE IN THESE HILLS. I CAN GO TO RADIO SHACK AN WITH $99. HAND HELD SCANNER LIKE THE I COM. PUT A YAGI TO IT AN TURN ME LOOSE. I CAN FIND ANY HOUND TWICE AS FAR BEFORE YOU CAN FIND ONE HALF THE DISTANCE OF THE WILDLIFE, AN UNDER HALF THE PRICE. I JUST GOT RID OF A NEW TRX 16 FOR THIS REASON OF CORSE I WILL STICK WITH MY 150. FREQ. AS WELL LOL FAR BETTER THAN ANY 216-220. ON THE MARKET.I HAVE PUT MY SYSTEM UP AGAINST SERVERAL BRANDS AN HAVE OUT DONE THEM ALL SO FAR. LOL BRING YOURS DOWN TO THESE HILLS AN I WILL DO THE SAME. FASTFREDDIE SEND ME YOUR NUMBER SO I CAN CALL YOU ON THE I COM. TO TELL YA WHAT I'VE GOT.

Post subject: yeah your right
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am wrong about 1 thing, the new marshall collars putem to shame and receivers dont bounce,where you would come up with that idea is beyond me. the receiver picks up what it gets and after trying them all for years I know for a fact the 1000 and the ats are the best after years of proven feild testing in the lbl ,do a little checking at a hunt where the pros and top dogs are 1000's and ats or begginners. and anyone who has used em knows the adapted scanners cant cut it.