CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Star Hunting Lights
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:34 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Any of you ever use one? I just seen that the price was right and was thinking about getting the 12 volt as a backup. Thanks.

( www.starhuntinglights.com )

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:46 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

btt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 7:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have had a 12 volt for about a year now and have had no problems with it I hunt 2 sometimes 3 nights aweek. Plenty bright enough. Price is right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:13 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Yes, I've used a 21 volt Star box light. I had the cover off once because I fell off a horse and sheared the little microphone jack post clear off. I had another head with me, plugged it in and kept on riding. No problems.

I've seen people shear off the mike jack post falling on a hill side on other units, so It's no big deal, but you don't want to leave that little piece of metal loose in the box where it could cause a nasty short.

I took the cover off and the little booger was not in there, the way that I fell must have been pulling out and sideways hard enough that when the jack split off, it went out in the woods somehwere.

Anyway, what I discovered in that box was the same quality Grayhill switch, resistors, batteries and you name it that everybidy else uses. Everything was torqued, coated, and dampered as well as any $350 or $400 light out there. All these guys except the crooks are using the exact same things, you will just save a lot -I MEAN A LOT OF MONEY, with a Star Light.

You know all nimh batteries have come down in price in the last year. "A" and "AA" batteries are a fraction of what they were. Has anybody dropped their prices on 21v power units (or any nimh units) of which the batteries are the most expensive part? I saw a site with a W______ R____'s 21v battry pack -JUST THE BATTERY PACK - for $194. They were good batteries, but no better than Star's and Star will sell the whole package (hunting ready) for a little bit more than that. He is also pleasant, easy to do business with, and hunts.

If there was a real difference, I'd say go for it and tell you that I thought somebody else had a better product. As it is right now, all that happens is somebody else has a better boat (and it's paid for).

David din't have belt lights when I got mine. I'll be ebaying my box just because with his prices I can afford to get a belt light, and know I'm not someone's fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:58 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I have a 21 volt belt light made by star hunting light and i have had a problem with the bulbs blowing on me and a problem with it shuting off on me . I was wandering if any body else has this problem. this is a great hunting light besides that the walking light is great and it is a super bright light

Post subject: Re: Star Hunting Lights
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have had a star 21 volt belt light now for about a month. I love it. I went from a old 14 volt box light that kept shutting off to a very bright 21 volt light that is so light i can't even feel it around my waist. I would recommend one!

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:16 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have the 21 volt belt light and I love it. Its very bright and so light that you can hardly tell that you're wearing it. I would recommend them to anyone. The customer service is awesome, he is more than happy to help you with any questions or problems that you have.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 4:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

We have 5 of them. they are as good a light as anyone else makes. they have the exact same parts as the other big name lights. You will not find a better light for twice the money.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:32 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I traded a walker dog off for a 17v box star hunting light a little over a year ago. My time with the light has been awesome. Especially since it was two years old when I got it from a comp hunter. I love the light and like others have said it weighs nothing. It's like having a loaf of bread on your hip. I would buy another no problems here.