CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: prolite?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:01 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

does anyone have anything to say about prolite belt lights? i am getting ready to get one and im trying to make sure im getting a good light.
please reply or give me some better ideas of lights that will be about 250 and lower

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:57 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Prolites a very good light with a great warranty.

http://supplies.coondawgs.com/prolites.html

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:38 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Alot of people seem to have questions bout the ProLight in my opinion your buying the best light on the market. Several of my buddies including me have all recently purchased new belt lights within the last 3 months they were all 21v or higher and included I think some of the best brands avalible. They were Bright Eyes, Foggy Top, Blazer, and Competiton while I bought a 21vGoldPro from ProLight. They all were pretty close but I and even my buddies agreed that the ProLight was a tough one and one of the best lights made. I think thats says alot. The only thing to say that I would change would be the burn time. It was a little less than some of the others but i have never ran it dead or had any other complaints. In your case the only problem is you'll pay for the quality and it will cost you about $75 more than what you were wanting to pay, but it would be money well spent. Sorry about the lenght but hopefully this was a good indicator of how this light stacks up to others.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:15 am 
IP:
Do they come with a diamond reflector in the light piece?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:19 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I'm pretty sure they do, I know mine did. But it could depend on were you buy it from and what they have in stock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:33 pm 
IP:
Does anyone know the burn time for the Gold Pro 21 volt belt light and the Platinum Pro 28 volt belt light? I would like to know how long they last on high and low? I am getting ready to purchase one, and would like to know there burn times before I buy one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:46 am 
IP:
http://www.prolitecustom.com/shipping.html

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 12:03 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

i have a goldpro21 and LOVE IT!!! i couldnt complain about it if i wanted to- super light weight, extra bright, love the dimmer switch, holds a charge for a LONG time, and one of the best warrenties out there! im 100% sold- wont buy anything else.

Post subject: ProLite 26v Belt Light
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:12 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

So I ordered a new Pro Lite 26v belt light the other day...Have had it out in the woods twice....SWEET light! My only prob with it is the "bump cap" hard hat they send out with it. I think it means if you bump it the thing will bust. I spent $360 on the light...you'd think for that much $$ you could get a good cap...Nonetheless...LOVE the light and I would recommed them to anyone...just be ready to jimmy rig your "bump cap" :D

Post subject: Re: prolite?
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:52 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I would like to get a lite but im new to all of this coon hunting and i have no idea what to look for in one and i cant afford a expensive one so i thought a 6 volt light,but my question is are they all able to except the 2 prong spotlights or do they have to be a certain voltage? and what is the difference between a box light and a belt light?

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:02 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

you would just as well off with a handheld mag lite as you would with a 6 volt unless theve came a long way in the last ten years Im not saying you need a 26 volt but at least a 12

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:19 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

cwt wrote:
I would like to get a lite but im new to all of this coon hunting and i have no idea what to look for in one and i cant afford a expensive one so i thought a 6 volt light,but my question is are they all able to except the 2 prong spotlights or do they have to be a certain voltage? and what is the difference between a box light and a belt light?

It all depends on the spotlight i know there are 6v,12v,17v,21v,and 28v that have spotlight plugs onto them and probley many more voltages. It just depends onto the spotlight you have. And as far as a 6v light they are a great starter light. Thats what i started with and it served its purpose. It's alot easyer to carry a 6v box on your hip with a bump cap then a mag light.
The only down fall to a spotlight is it takes alot of your burn time out of your battery becuase of the bigger bulb that is on the spotlight. And for the diffrence of a box light and a belt is a box light is just like what it sounds its a box with a rehostat switch on the top that adjusts the brightness of the blub and the belt light is a battery pack connected to a rehostat that you wear onto a belt. The belt light cost more then the box but just my opinion the belt lights are more confterbale and have a longer burn time then a box. Sorry it was so long but I hope that helps you out some.

'PR' KlearWater Kate

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:45 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thank you hoss im thinking of buing a 12 volt starlight its reasonably priced and a little better than a 6 volt.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:03 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

The 12v would be a great start if money is an issue. You will still have plenty of light to see them eyes at the top of the tree.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:39 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

very good light ..I own two of them,one for me and one for spare or a quest light have not had any trouble with either ....highly recomend!!!!