CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:32 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

well im looking to buy a tracking system and need to know if they make only a 2 dog system and what is a reasonable price for them with 2 collars and if somone knows where i can buy one please let me know thank you

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:32 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

TRACKER MAKES ONE, VERY GOOD SYSTEM. IT IS CALLED THE CLASSIC.. 599.OO I BELIEVE.. THERE ARE SEVERAL ON EBAY NEW AND USED...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:45 am 
IP:
I would advise against limiting yourself to 2 collars. For around $800 you can buy a Quick Track 6000 that can pick up all collar freq 216-221.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I second the Tracker classic, I used to own a innotek tracker and switched to a tracker classic. The Tracker is in my opinion more accurate and easier to use. I have lots more confidence on where my dogs are using this tracker. If you are only gonna have 2 hounds at any given time I recommend it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:33 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

go with a quick track, you won`t be sorry. qtr 10 is a great system for around $500.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:19 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I've owned two trackers and they are junk. Go with a Quick Trak.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:33 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I own a Quick Track and like it very well. Just purchased a Tracker Classic 2 dog system. Have been putting the Classic through some extensive tests to see if it could measure up to other brands. (Johnson & Quick Track)So far the Classic has been every bit as accurate as the Quick Track for me in side by side tests under varing weather conditions & different terrain every time tested.
Farmboy-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:45 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Do yourself a favor and get the best to start with and thatt would be a MARSHALL SYSTEM http://www.marshallradio.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:35 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I have a Tracker Maxima and a Quick Track 6000. I have owned a Innotek RD-400. The Quick Track, without a doubt is the most dependable and easiet to use, followed by the Innotek. The only advantage to the Tracker is the convenience. I find it very difficult to pinpoint my dog with the Tracker. Many people say I've just have to learn how to use it. Well, I've had if for three years...I knew I was slow, but didn't realize I was that slow... :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 4:29 am 
IP:
I own a tracker classic and must say that I am very pleased with it. I have had none of the problems with accuracy that most people complain about with this system. The range may or may not be what you get with the other systems, but if your dog is not trashy then it certainly has more range than you will ever need.It can't be beat for convenience. While my buddies are still walking back back to the truck to get their tracking units I'm already on my way to pick up my hounds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:23 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I have a tracker Maxima and find it to be well built and easy to use. I would have to question what the folks are doing who think it's tough to find direction with the Tracker. I find it it much easier to differentiate direction with the Tracker Maxima than I did my Wildlife Materials. Of course some of you folks may be questioning how that is possible. :lol: , but that's my experience. enjoy, Paul Conway

Post subject: TRACKER
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:09 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i find it very hard to believe that the tracker is not as good or better than any other tracking system out there. side by side with all trackers i have owned and others i put it up to with the same collars it has done as good or better in range and pinpointing dogs location.. i have found out the hard way it makes a world of difference in what type collar you use with any system.. i think the tracker entello collars are the best on the market for range with any system i have used them with..... i did send mine off and had the large antanna jack installed but as of yet it has been a waste of money..i have never used it but in the yard...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Speaking of collars- has anyone ever used Johnson collars on their Tracker Classic? If so how did they work for you compared to Trackers Sriker collars? Farmboy-1

Post subject: collars
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:45 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i have a johnson collar it is about the same as the strike collar, midway johnson quick all about the same just a faster beep than a strike ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:10 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

You need to use the 1/2aa with the strike collars to get the range of the intello.