CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:27 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I like them both equally well don't get me wrong. But you have to admit the UKC has a little more prestige than the PKC. That is just because it has been around longer I guess but I challenge you to move a pups or high priced hounds without UKC papers. But a change is on the horizon. No doubt PKC will cripple all other registries. Look at it this way ask your grandpa what was the biggest thing in coon hunting in the 40's and 50's? He will no doubt say the ACHA. Now look at how miniscule the ACHA has become compared to PKC or the UKC. The only thing that kills me in the PKC is you can win with minus points. I don't know about you all but how could you accept a reward with minus points. I see more slick trees in a two hour PKC hunt than any where else. Thank you rat attack

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:45 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

BRANDON SOSACK wrote:
The only thing that kills me in the PKC is you can win with minus points. I don't know about you all but how could you accept a reward with minus points. I see more slick trees in a two hour PKC hunt than any where else. Thank you rat attack

If your dog doesn't slick and is a honest coondog, then you don't have to worry about winning with minus, right? Every registry has slick treeing idiots.

OAKS POINT KENNELS
JOE CULLER

HOME OF:
GRNITECH CH 'PR' OAKS POINT COON BUSTIN' BELLE
'PR' OAKS POINT STRIKE-EM OUT BEAU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:46 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

thats the way i see it if the slick treeing idiots make 4 empty tree's and your dog makes one tree with a coon in it you win :wink: :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:55 pm 
IP:
I would bet in a ukc hunt you won't have 4 slick trees you will have 3 circles and a plussed tree. If you want to see organization go to a big PKC event and see how long it takes to draw casts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:10 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

the pkc hunts here in mount vernon and coshocton county seem to be orginized well. ive got a pup that is doing really well and plan on hunting him in as many hunts as i can this upcoming year so i will figure out which one i like best.

Post subject: PKC or UKC ?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:27 pm 
IP:
Gentlemen and Ladies,
You all talking about the good and bad of PKC and UKC. I never seen that any one was talking about AKC. AKC is making a move to the top in the coon hunting world. I like there rules better and they have more to offer the coon hunter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:31 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i hear the akc hunts are nice but i dont like the people akc supports so they wont be getting my money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:34 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

btt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:53 am 
IP:
ive heard but am not sure but if your dog is registered in ukc than you can not hunt pkc or akc or the others, is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:05 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

rancher4x4_07 wrote:
ive heard but am not sure but if your dog is registered in ukc than you can not hunt pkc or akc or the others, is this true?

No... you can register or single register your dog with and kennel club...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ive hunted some ukc events but never a pkc event. Would a pkc event be worth my time (closest 1 is about 2 hours)? Which 1 do yall prefer?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:00 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I REALLY HAVE SWITCHED TO MOSTLY PKC EVENTS I BELIEVE THE HIGH SCORE REWARDING IN UKC JUST BREEDS ALOT MORE CHEATING. PRETTY MUCH AT ANY OF THE BIGGER UKC HUNTS IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PAID GUIDE AND A ONE DOG CAST YOU DON'T HAVE A CHANCE OF WINNING ALSO WHAT I REALLY LIKE IS WHEN YOU SEE A BIG PKC HUNT AND UKC HUNT THAT ARE HELD IN THE SAME AREA AND SAME TIME FRAME THE DIFFERENCES IN SCORES YOU WILL SEE SOME REDICULOUSLY HIGH SCORE AT THE UKC EVENT AND A LOT A LEGIT SCORES AT THE PKC EVENT EVEN THOUGH THE DOG POWER IS EQUALL IF NOT LEANING A LITTLE MORE TO QUALITY DOGS IN THE PKC EVENTS JUST MY HUMBLE OPINION

NTCH PR PKC CH CHOPPIN CHEDDAR RAE (4WINS TOWARDS GRAND)
(brussel sprouts roast x pearl blue roast)

PR TREE BLITZIN FAST CASH (SPLIT TREEING A 5 MONTHS OLD)
(nothern blue dancers son x choppin cheddar rae)

WHERE TREE DOGS ARE BORN NOT MADE!!!!!

I COME FROM A LONG LINE OF SINNERS LIKE ME

Post subject: Re: pkc or ukc hunts?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have hunted both plenty and will say that I prefer PKC 10 to 1. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy ukc hunts too, but I no use for a dust collecting trophy, and I have no use for a covering dog receiving 75+ on my coon 4 mins into my dogs tree! I remember once trying to get our club to host pkc hunts and no one would have that "crooked mess". Sure there are crooks in both registries, but I would say I have dealt with twice as much whining, complaining, and claims of cheating in UKC. Go to a big PKC hunt and you hunt with people who conduct themselves like gentlmen.

Post subject: Re: pkc or ukc hunts?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:41 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

ncsucoonhunter wrote:
I have hunted both plenty and will say that I prefer PKC 10 to 1. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy ukc hunts too, but I no use for a dust collecting trophy, and I have no use for a covering dog receiving 75+ on my coon 4 mins into my dogs tree! I remember once trying to get our club to host pkc hunts and no one would have that "crooked mess". Sure there are crooks in both registries, but I would say I have dealt with twice as much whining, complaining, and claims of cheating in UKC. Go to a big PKC hunt and you hunt with people who conduct themselves like gentlmen.

I just picked your post, so please don't take offense. UKC, PKC, and AKC.

To me I like the UKC hunts, No OFF game allowed, No mean hounds allowed. it isn't about a money deal at the end of the hunt. I don't want to pay $25, I just want to hunt with other hound people. May the best hound win :D :D :D I am not much of a comp hunter that only concentrates on one game animal, but I do love dropping out with other hound people :D :D :D :D

Take the next generation hound hunting they are our future. hound hunting since 1973

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

lungbuster wrote:
niether, to many crooked people that make coon hunting no fun.

read your rules do your homework you wont get crooked

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next