CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:09 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

we used to run CBs but now all the hunters in my area run marine radios get out alot farther dont have to worry about skip and other people gettin on you channel talkin only hunters have them were i live...i have a marine in my truck...

DON'T FORGET PAPERS MEAN A LIL' BUT I HAVE NEVER SEEN PAPERS PUT A COON IN A TREE!!!

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:34 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Bluegirl wrote:
Almost every hunter in the NW part of oregon has one. There are so many loggers that come acrose your dogs it is nice to have one in your truck. All the plates on my dogs have CB CH 5 on them......

That is clever.. We have a marine ban in ours.. Since most of us in Southern Oregon own a boat of some sort :lol: :wink: that have the marine bans in there, we run them in our truck too. We have handheld marine bans.. They are pretty kick butt..

Might have to put a regular CB in there also... Used to in the old Toyota.. Never put the channel on the dog's nameplates though.. That would make too much sense :D

www.outwesthounds.com

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:40 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

I have one just to listen to people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:42 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

jcoonhound wrote:
I have one just to listen to people.

my fav thing to do in the world besides hunt, and draw :D listening to ppl on the CB!

CH'PR'MISSISSIPPI QUEEN TREEIN MEME
CH'PR'SWAMPMUSIC BLOOD SLINGING HOSS
'PR'RAPPAHANOCK JIGSAW BLADE
'PR'BREAKING DAWN JASPER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:00 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thats how I got the handle "Lady Raven" Back in the 80's on the CB. I had a big old Grand Prix that was pretty unreliable. I got it to be sure I could call for help if I needed it. NOBODY had cell phones. I had a blast. Met lots of people. We used to have parties at the home of a lady that had a base unit. Thats the 411 on that. LOL Smokey's cruzing the double nickel lane. What's your 20? 10-10 My goodness i can't believe I remember that

http://ravengraphix.com/portfolio/main.php

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:10 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i got one to know were the speed traps are and tell trucks

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:42 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Got a Dale Earnhardt limited edition Cobra in the 05 Sierra. I like to have it especially on long trips.

http://threecolorkennels.tripod.com

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:49 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Got a Ranger Superstar 158edx in the hunting truck and a handheld marine radio also.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:50 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

ladycathunter wrote:
That is clever.. We have a marine ban in ours.. Since most of us in Southern Oregon own a boat of some sort :lol: :wink: that have the marine bans in there, we run them in our truck too. We have handheld marine bans.. They are pretty kick butt..

Might have to put a regular CB in there also... Used to in the old Toyota.. Never put the channel on the dog's nameplates though.. That would make too much sense :D

As much as it rains you would think every one in NW Oregon has a boat as well. Im going to have to check in to a marine ban as well...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:45 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Bluegirl wrote:
ladycathunter wrote:

As much as it rains you would think every one in NW Oregon has a boat as well. Im going to have to check in to a marine ban as well...

They get much better range then a regular CB....

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:53 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Yea Ladee, you can remember all that, but can you remember what you had for breakfast this morning?! 8) :D J/K!!!

Used to have a CB in my first truck. My handle was "coonhunter". Real original, huh?! Or if I was on traffic duty for the fire dept, then I was FP-26-8. We used CB's for communication in the fire company before we got private ban fire/police frequencies.

Ladeeraven wrote:
Thats how I got the handle "Lady Raven" Back in the 80's on the CB. I had a big old Grand Prix that was pretty unreliable. I got it to be sure I could call for help if I needed it. NOBODY had cell phones. I had a blast. Met lots of people. We used to have parties at the home of a lady that had a base unit. Thats the 411 on that. LOL Smokey's cruzing the double nickel lane. What's your 20? 10-10 My goodness i can't believe I remember that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:05 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

My handle for the last 20 years has always been Redbone3031 with the two duel 110 inch whips on the truck and a texas star 450 amp and a galaxy radio. At the house we have a PDL2 on a 75 ft tower with a rotator box connected to a heath kit 2 kw amp going into a a cobra 2000 with the freq counter.

CQ CQ CQ DX RADIO TEXAS 2 ALPHA TANGO 931

COONHOUNDS AND CB'S ARE LIKE BUTTER AND CORNBREAD

Scott

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: cb
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

well.. i have a small portable on in the 4x4.. well in my jeep i dont cause they hubby says they talk too much trash... but is ok if he does it go figure... i like my hand held on it comes in handy in the woods....

Sarah Richmond
Central Arkansas

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:57 pm 
IP:
i have one i really enjoy getting on their and listening to the old folks around here talk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:34 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i have one in my truck from the years of deer hunting with dogs. but its a entertainment peice for trips on the highway now. you can learn all sorts of things listening to the truckers and talk to some intresting people around the U.S. with it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next