CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: sportmix dog food
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

for those of you that feed sportmix, which one do you use and what results are you having with it?? thanks

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:30 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Been feeding L&R Sportmix for over a year and very happy with it.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:36 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

been using sportmix for over 6 months in the black bag and have had some really good results with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:14 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

my hunting buddy started selling sportmix dog food so i decided to try it,i fed my four dog this morning and when i checked on the dogs tonight none of them had touched it,i have been feeding purina and they always eat ever bit of thier food,i was wandering if any of you guys that feed sportmix had any proublem geting your dogs to eat it.i am thinking that it might be just where i changed thier food i hope that they start eating it because i can save money by buying from my hunting buddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:56 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I always slowly mix the food over so they adjust to the food change as well as start eating it.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:26 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

thanks for the advice buckshot that is what i was thinking of trying.i left the food out last light and today and they still have not touch it,i am hoping that if they get hungry they will eat it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:07 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

I feed the Sportmix black bag and liked it. No problem getting my dogs to eat it.

dk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:13 am 
IP:
rob wrote:
my hunting buddy started selling sportmix dog food so i decided to try it,i fed my four dog this morning and when i checked on the dogs tonight none of them had touched it,i have been feeding purina and they always eat ever bit of thier food,i was wandering if any of you guys that feed sportmix had any proublem geting your dogs to eat it.i am thinking that it might be just where i changed thier food i hope that they start eating it because i can save money by buying from my hunting buddy.

Mine would not touch it either, so i went back to purina and i'm happy and my dogs are happy.a buddy of mine feeds spotmix and love's it.
chris..

Post subject: Re: sportmix question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:54 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

i feed the blue bag 26/18 love it and before i feed diamond and river run also good feeds but i can get this cheaper and the dogs love it and it keeps them up even hunting hard

PR' UMBERGERS BLUE PETE

PR' SMOOTH TALKING JAKE

Post subject: Re: sportmix question
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:57 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

I been feeding the SportMix Large Breed formula for a few months. Been feeding SportMix since 2006 and been impressed with it.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:53 pm 
IP:
Purina did away with Hi Pro so Tractor Supply Company (TSC) has replaced it with Sportmix. Price is $24.99. We were paying $19.75 abut 1 hour away and TSC said they would price match!!!!

Black Gold Black rose to $25 after tax and the quality was running down hill. We have been finding significant Kibble & Bits type dog food mixed in. Clumpy bunches, etc. Price increase was said to be due to gas and corn. Gas and corn is down. but BG isn't. Hmmmmm

I am on my second blue bag of Sportmix and not looking back. Stools appear to be tighter too. Made in Indiana too :D

Post subject: Re: sportmix dog food
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:07 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Be interesting to see if the TSC just down the street will be carrying it. Only one place in this area carries it.

I have a deal now where I buy it where I get a $1.00 off each bag for quantity purchae...........be interested to see what TSC is selling it for here if they do get it.

Is your TSC carrying all the different formula's of SportMix? I know SportMix is made in Evansville, so i wonder if it's regional thing with TSC carrying it?

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:11 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I Feed the 26/18 for over 10+ and have less stool and It don't stink,like other feeds. Hounds coats are nice & pups do great on it. That Purina you could smell a guys kennel before you see the hounds(yellow stool) and alot of it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:51 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

I live in east TN. was getting my feed at co-op. they had action ration for years. i switched to action because they always had it in stock and was in a convenient location for me, well they switched to sportmix, initially i was not happy because i don't like to switch feed and didn't know much about sportmix. i have been feeding it for about a year now and love it, my dogs love it too. it keeps them up great during hard huntin and ususlly cut back about a half in the summer time (black bag) but will mix the balck and blue bags during the winter. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:31 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I used to feed Purina dog chow in the green bag, but got pissed that they kept raising the prices. So now I buy Sportmix. I feed my dogs the food that comes in the blue bag and black bag. I don't think they like the black bag as much as the blue, so I mix them together 50/50. I feed mix the black bag food in because it has a higher fat content and my hounds don't like to put on weight. I also get $1 off each bag if I purchase 5 or more bags at a time. I think I pay $18 a bag with the discount. I'm happy with it, and will continue to feed my dogs it.