CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:45 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Man. Thats the darkest walker I ever did see. Is that a solid blanket or what ? =P

Dennis "Marty" West
westshounds@yahoo.com
Yahoo msgr:westshounds

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:10 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

ya, they say that tenn. lead is the one that started all the walkers.... but not every body told the truth in those days ether,,, lol,lol,lol,lol, but he very well could be in the walkers that i hunt, from the look of them,,,, lol,lol,lol,,,, :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

GRCH GRNITECH 'PR' HARD KNOCKIN STYLISH JUDY
PKC SILVER CHAMPION,,,,,,,,,, ACHA NITE CHAMPION
ACHA ALABAMA STATE CHAMPION
TRUE STORY ,,, THAT'S RIGHT ,,, NO-NONSENSE

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:26 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Yeah you got some pretty solid blankets

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:49 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

well, we are already back from the woods . boy is it coming down out there. we made one drop with my little ''dee-dee'' pup and treed one right out of the truck, and we came to the house. sick of all this damn rain....true story ,,, and,,, that's right

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 9:59 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Hell I ain't commin to visit then. I was wanting to get away from it myself. :(

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:08 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

we have not had this kind of rain for i know 8 or 10 years. all jokes aside,,, i am glad to see it come, but i sure will be glad to see it go....that's right

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 10:52 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

My uncle says the waters are the highest they've been since 51. Man we've had a crap load of rain.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 9:38 am 
IP:
Is Payroll a Trigg running dog? Not trying to be a wise guy but he sure looks like one.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:09 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

Mac1st wrote:
Is Payroll a Trigg running dog? Not trying to be a wise guy but he sure looks like one.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
he is just a walker dog.... true story,,, that's right

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 6:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

My question is how good of producer was he not just him but a lot of these high powered stud dogs all breeds not just walkers,blueticks,black dogs all of them look at the numbers there was 2921 pups out of harry only 387 tittled i know some pups dont get comp hunted but how many are tittled by slick handlers. With that said lets look at a blue dogs numbers they really are not any better,top dog 946 pups only 86 tittled in my opinion not very good put a pencil to it one or two pups out of a litter makin a coon dawg is not that great

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:22 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

there is so much left out of the story with a stud dogs pup numbers. the numbers on the studs, as you well know, is how many pups,and not accurate at all as far as seeing what a dog actually produced, as far as good dogs. you take out the number that never went to a hunt. then all the people breeding worthless females to make a buck off the flavor of the month stud dog. then the number of pups bought by people that do not have the means,know how or patients to train a pup.so the numbers can be very misleading.
old hayes and hayes jr were top reproducers,meaning they stamped their pups with their traits. the traits that make nice hounds. hayes jr should of been bred more then any dog that ever lived. he produced nice hounds. old hayes was basically unknown untill he sired stylish harry and tim ball put the him in the public eye. most dogs are long gone before anyone sees the true kind of stud they were. tar rattler was 10 before they started breeding him heavy ,nailor brought rattler to the lime light.titles do not make a dog a reproducer and its pups winning hunts by being good dogs or handled by slick handlers is not an accurate yard stick to use either on if a dog is a true reproducer of top hounds over another.many people make a cross for the wrong reasons. money for pups sales or how many titles on a pups papers. when people start breeding for a type of hound,and look at the common traits and type between the stud AND the female, then you will see higher numbers in them producing more top hounds per litter.I HAVE SEEN MANY LITTERS, BRED FROM THE RIGHT TWO TYPES OF DOGS, HAVE MANY MORE THEN 2 OR 3 PER LITTER MAKE NICE HOUNDS.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 9:01 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

10-4 TC. Remember one thing if you don't remember anything else.......................A dog should not, can not, and will not win if he or she is never put in the hunts. I have a male dog coming 9 in September. Directly off of Swamprooster on top and Hardtime Louise on bottom (her sire was '92 wld champ Cowles Big River Jesse). Night in and night out, he is the nicest hound I have ever owned. One of the nicest I have ever followed thru the woods. I got my hands on him when he was a 4 yr old. He has never been put in the hunts and that is my fault, not his. There is no doubt in my mind that I could still Grand Nite him with ease. I have hunted him against just about every breed, color, size, cold nosed, hot nosed, accurate, slick treeing idiots, lazy ones, good ones, titled ones and non titled ones, and he will usually do just fine. NOW here is the plot to my story. When you look at Michigan Swamprooster's resume, it does not look impressive except for the fact that he thru 3,172 pups. HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK I AM THE ONLY ONE THAT HAS A DIRECT DOG OFF OF HIM THAT WAS NEVER PUT IN THE HUNTS, AND I AM TALKING ABOUT A COONDOGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, NOT JUST ONE THAT CAN TREE A COON?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:29 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Know what you mean Mike. I have a lady thats been a good friend for many years. Her husband died several years back. Well he had a few realy nice bred English dogs. I hunted a couple here and there, bred to a few. I went out a few weeks ago and picked up a Male out of St. Nick, and Backroads Rosie. Two Outstanding reproducers, IMO. The dog is now 7 and only been in the woods 10 time before I got him, and that was in the first couple years of his life. So it had been a few years since he had been out. Budy his first night out he grabbed and chewed on one that was hidding in a log then totaly came on fire. Third night I had him out 2 back to back and every night sence has been better and better. He had only been bred once in his life and made a hole litter of nice dogs, so I heard.
I know thats a little off base but a similar story. I am gona do what I can to get him in the hunts and see what he can produce. You would think Nick and Rosie would make something capable of gettin her done.

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 12:32 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

now comeon boys harry was a walker dog lets get off the whole english subject :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PR Harrington's Dark Mountain Ride

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2009 9:16 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Sorry bud. Didn't mean to pry on any complexes. LOL :mrgreen:
You know coonhunters are as bad as fishermen. The stories always change and the fish get bigger and the dogs get better..
Hahaha

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next