Post subject: NEW PREDATOR LIGHTS
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:40 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

new light, what do you think?
http://www.kcshounds.com/predator_lights.php

Profile  WWW

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: NEW LIGHT
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:45 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I guess if you would want one it would be good....I don't see were they can put a battery in the head that will last 20 hours,,,but i guess if they say it will i guess we got ot take there word right now,,,And it cost a good little penny...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:51 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

If it does what it claims, I believe it will change the light industry. I myself like the looks of it.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:47 pm 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

I think LED will change the light industry and were only seeing the beginning. but if it cost nothing to make and look how much less hardware this has but yet still the same price as belt and box lights if they can make it much cheaper shouldnt they sell it much cheaper.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:55 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

i know for a fact that the cost of building this light was not cheap, it`s not some wal-mart off the self LED. this light does do everything advertised and has had nothing but great reviews from everyone that`s tried it.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:34 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

not saying it is a cheap made light Im saying it costs less to build than your regular belt or box light. Im sure they are great lights but I feel if you can build something cheaper and better why not share that with the consumer instead of making them pay the same price. Tim gunter has built a led head that costs $55 Id recommend anyone look at it. http://www.timshuntingsupply.com I dont mean to discredit your light at all just think they could cost less.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:57 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

there`s an old adage, you get what you pay for. this light has been tested against pretty much every LED on the market and the reviews that we`ve gotten have been outstanding. let me add that this light is not for everyone and we never intended it to be. this light was designed to give hunter an option on a product that can preform with the 21 volt lites w/o the cords & battery packs. if someone is looking for a top quality light with a spot tighter than any other light it`s been tested against, which is almost all.then maybe it`s for you, if not we are glad that your happy with what your useing.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Re: NEW PREDATOR LIGHTS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:17 pm 
IP:
Thinking about getting one. (the predator). I have a couple questions. How bright is it and does it tighten down to a good small spot??? I have heard it is bright as a 21 volt light but does it have a tight spot? My friend has a 21 volt belt light that, in my opinion, is not that good because it won't come down to a spot. It just lights up the whole tree but you still can't focus on the coon very good. What is the predator like?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:15 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

the PREDATOR LIGHT has a very tight spot with a halo around it. here`s a pic of the PREDATOR LIGHT shining on top of a box light.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:00 am 
IP:
I see that. I just got mine. I like it. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:28 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I am a far cry from being rich but I want a good light to hunt with. I like this new Predator light for the fact that it has no heavy battery pack to carry around. I always hunted with a Wheat light and liked the fact that it would shine all night. I dont need fancy bells and whistles just a high beam spot and a low beam walking light.

Is this the light for me?

Opinions please.

Psiskjr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:11 am 
IP:
I like mine. Nothing better than not having that stupid cord attached to your head and that battery pack on your waist. The spot is super tight also.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:21 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

jbladwin, i`m glad you like your lite. please post some pics of the coons you tree. thanks, matt

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:56 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have been a die-hard Bandit Light fan for years now, but I'm open to alternatives for the first time.

I'm basically looking for the brightest, longest lasting light (between recharges) on the market. I know there are quite a few out there and I've been keeping track of the new Predator which claims 20 hours low side, 4 hours high side. My question is...how bright is it really? My smallest bandit, which is the 12V, on the high side damn near looks like a stadium light and it will run about the same, 4 hours on the high side.

My question is, since I know they claim 20hrs/low 4hrs/high, exactly how bright is the Predator on low/high? (Say compared to the high side on my Bandit 12V, which is pretty damn bright).

Thanks guys.

gunsmith & hunter