CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: House's Lipper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:10 am 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

8 out of the top14 historical reproducing males and females go back to lipper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that comp hunting means anything, but I had a gyp that was lipper top and bottom and I sure miss her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Paul

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:24 am 
IP:
BANNED
BANNED

A good producer------- a dog that fathers a lot of pups and the pups get in the hands of good houndsman that now how to handel them and enters a lot of nite hunts. So the dogs get the credit (on paper) for there accomplishments.

If your buying a small pup it gives you a better chance of getting a good pup. If your buying a older dog it doesn't give you squat. You better buy it in the woods.
I wouldn't worrie about what the books says. To me breeding to please a judge that is going by looks only is crazy. It has changed the looks of the breeds a lot over the years and the whole compition thing is makeing them look more like running dogs. But they do it.
I would worrie more about what you think becouse it makes a lot better life. I liked how the old Blue tic's and black &tans looked back in the 60's & 70's I didn't see many of the others back then. That was about all you saw in our area.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:37 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Gr. Ch.Gr. Nt. Ch. Lippers Stylish Rank ( direct son of houses lipper)

Gr. Nt. Ch. pr Wagers Stylish Lipper

I own a direct son of Rank, he is a coondawg!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:25 pm 
IP:
I have a 4 year old male out of Lipper's Stylish Cade that I Really, really like. He is a coondog. Suits me just fine. I have also been hunting with several dogs that were directly out of House's Lipper. They were very, very good dogs. The best I have seen. THe Lipper blood is the best in my opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:25 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

houses lipper is the great granddad of my dog nitech "pr"smiths ghost one of the best dogs ive every had

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:01 pm 
IP:
When i was younger i hunted with some buddies of mine that had dogs that were grandpup's to house's lipper. I loved the dogs. They hunted hard and fast, drove a track fast, and had the coon. Year's later i hunted with a dog directly out of Houses Lipper. He was a fantastic coondog. Hard hunting, loud bawl mouthed, track driving and had the coon. Now i have me a 4 year old male straight out of Lipper's stylish Cade. So he is a Grandpup of lipper. He is basically the same kind of dog. I am extrememly well pleased with him. Super, super straight, Hard hunting, Loud Bawl on track, great locate, and have the coon type of dog. I have hunted a LOT of other bloodlines of dogs out there but the best i have seen had Lipper up close and sometimes more than once in a 3 generation Pedigree. Has anyone else noticed these traits? What is your opinion?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:36 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a female that is directley out of house's night stalker. I got her in late fall when she was just 2years old. I was only ab to hunt her a little bit before the snow hit us good and hard. Her name is house's night stalkin roxie. The man that I got her from said that he showed her a caged coon when she was 7months old and she barked at it some. Then he did the same again when she was 1 year old and she went bonkers over it and that was it untill I got her.The mans truck was broke down and he did not have the money to fix it and the training stoped with the dog as well. The very first coon I showded her she went bonkers over it. The 8th coon she ran and treed it with my buddies dog and when she treed she was so lould we had a hard time hearing his dog.The 9th coon she split treed and held a lot of prescher and had her coon. House's lipper is in the forth generasion on her papers. I just had to get her 7 generasion papers and no wonder she has the mouth,abillety and houndy looks she has.I am going to breed her back to a house' berd hound when she is fully boke. Thank you for reading and may God bless you and yours. Sincerly Lytle Stackhouse home of northern N.Y. hounds.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:00 pm 
IP:
btt

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Stastics dont say nothing for me. Yes percentages grow higher some dogs but are they a dog that a had a slick handler to make that dog ntch or grntch?? like nailor in my opinion was a piece of junk that shouldnt of ever been breed. But yet my hound goes back to him?? Lipper was a very nice hound to my knowledge. but some will disagrre like on that and what i think bout nailor but thats my two cents worth.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:50 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I think that the lipper line produces the old fashion traits that the new hunters don't like . Big heads , heavy bawl mouths , deep hunting & large dogs . However everything I have are crossed between lipper line & sackett jr blood !! I like a old fashion coon hound & that is what I breed for .

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:29 pm 
IP:
Roughstock wrote:
I think that the lipper line produces the old fashion traits that the new hunters don't like . Big heads , heavy bawl mouths , deep hunting & large dogs . However everything I have are crossed between lipper line & sackett jr blood !! I like a old fashion coon hound & that is what I breed for .

I agree. My dog is out of Lippers stylish Cade. I have went hunting with 3 of my dog's half brothers and sisters. They are out of the same moma dog as my dog but a different sire who is not in any way at all Lipper bred. The differences are amazing. And the differences are the very things I LOVE about my dog. They hunt close and slow in my opinion. He hunts fast and deep. He bawls on track, they chop. His locate is much louder than theres. And he is far more accurate and moves a track faster than they do. All these good traits are the differences in the Lipper blood and some of this other blood. But that's just my opinion and what i have noticed.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:24 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I agree also old fashion big head big bawl mouth dogs, that track in not have tree power with no track like more and more bloodlines are getting in my opinion. Lipper was a old fashion hound made for old fashion houndsmen.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:14 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

How bout Adios Lightning owned by Larry Baggett I think he was direct out of Lipper & I know he was for real.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:41 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Just bred my female out of Conerager to an old male dog straight out of Stylish Hayes. My female is double Rock River Sackett Jr on a 3 gen and the male is double House's Lipper on a 3 gen pedigree. If I didnt like it, and didnt like those traits, I wouldn't breed to it. Cant argue with what he's produced both on paper and in the woods. Titles dont necessarily mean a hound is a coondog but years and years down the line that's really all we have to look at because that's what is documented. Lipper has produced alot of winners and Im sure just alot of straight coondogs that we dont know. I do like all the houndy traits listed in post above but it is an old fashion type.

RBIMBS CCH CH PR' Warrior River Medusa
CCH GRCH AKC CCH PR' Kayla's Lil Bit of Honey
UWP CCH GRCH PR' Warrior River Karma N Effect
UWP CH Warrior River's Gap Creek Piper
CH Cross Check's Warrior River Rimfire

~Gone But Always In My Heart~
CH AKC CCH PR' Kayla's Copperhead Baby Boy
GRCH PR' K&Z's She's Krazy Hammered
SHR CH North River Big Jake, JH
http://www.warriorriverkennels.com

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:45 am 
IP:
Kayla could you post the pedigree those pups will have on the cross your going to make?