CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Timber Tiger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:40 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

im looking for pups out of timber tiger. I got one that is 2 and half. Terry coggins said there is 4ntchs and a grntch. one ntch has died. oldest are somewhere around 3yrs. 175?pups is whereabout number. Mine has two first place wins to ntch will be ntch next month

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Timber Tiger
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I have a pup out of Timber Tiger and Rock River Dixie that is 1 year old. I am trying to get him started right now. Dixie was not titled at the time but before my pup turned a year old they made he a nite champion. Terry Coggins is a great guy to deal with. Just wondering if you trained your pup or not? You like him? What kind of mouth does he got? Just interested to see how people like their Timber Tiger pups.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:01 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

yea my female was 4months when i got her. Out of tiger X skuna river chirpee. tiger was only ntch then n chirpee pr still i believe. he sold her to someone he said hey hunted her more then he did. Terry gave me my pup as i was 16 at the time. In i drove 9hrs one way to get her. Im in S.e Kansas. I had her singled out running and treeing consistenly 4 6nights a week when she was 11month till 13minth. She broke her front leg at 13month and in a cast till 15month. Set us way back.

Younger she was chop on ground chop on tree and some mix with both. She now mostly bawl with chop on end and 100%chop on tree 90bpm maybe more if its a hot tree.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:18 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I had to drive about 7 hours I think. Kansas is a good piece from Arkansas. Terry told me that Tiger was fairly quiet on the ground. The hotter the track got the more he would open. He said the mother to my dog had a big bawl mouth on track. Said she almost sounded like a blue dog. Like I said I am just know starting mine. When he barks while he is tied up, he bawls alot and will chop some too. I think he has a good mouth. I hope he is bawl on track and chop on tree. He is pretty loud. I hope I can get him going good. I don't have a pup trainer or anything so hopefully he will figure it out on his on. Seems like he has some sense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:18 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I had no pup trainer either. It was my first hound uncle got me started hunting. his last hound had died few years before i got mine. Walked alot of timber first year from 6 12months old looking for coons laided up. hope yours turns out good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:44 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

This is my first one to train too. Thanks alot. Good luck to you too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:44 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

hey names cody i am 16 live in marion north carolina drove to arkansas to get my tiger pup out of nocturnalish stylish heat he is 7 months old right now and is treeing with other dogs can tree a hot track by himself he is going to be an excellent hound going to hunt him hard this kill season them put him in some comp hunts