CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Nite Lite LED Head
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:26 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Does anyon eown one of there heads or have tried on.

EDIT BY ADMIN
When you start a thread on a subject, after the thread has been discussed, do not change the thread title to a new subject as it makes it very confusing to what is being discussed. -- Your subject thread was on the Nite Lite LED Head -- no reason to change the title to another LED head brand.

Last edited by Dreeded Rose on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject: Re: Nite lite led head
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:41 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

If your buying for doing some night fishing, then buy away.

If your buying for coon hunting, save your money.

I know the price looks good, but this is a case of you get what your pay for.

HuntingBassets.com - A site dedicated to hunting with Basset Hounds

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:41 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Have you tried one?Not being a smart a++ but sometimes there are some things out the for a good deal.I know it looks almost identical to some of the other brands 90 dollar heads?Just wondering.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:29 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

Seen one and my opinion is the same as 99% of the reviews I seen others say about it.

What the heck, it's only $27 and they have a refund policy. Not trying to be a smart a++, but sometimes you have to view things yourself to gather your own opinion to see if what you pay for is what you get.

The head is not identical to the higher priced heads. Not in the same ball park.

Quote:
If, for any reason, you are not satisfied with any Nitelite purchase, simply return it within 90 days and we will promptly refund the item price, or replace the product free of charge. Returned items should be in original condition. Normal time to process your return is 10-14 days upon receipt of package

If you read the product description on the head, look what it states (the bold is what I am referring to):

Quote:
The new Nite Lite LED headlamp is designed to give you more versatility. The 5100 style LED headlamp will plug in to any battery pack that is 12 volts or above and will provide up to 48 hours of continuous burn. It is fitted with a standard stereo style plug for quick attachment and removal from you Extreme Series battery pack. With seven LED bulbs you can run just one, or six for added brightness. It is great alternative when you don't need a bright light, just a long burn time. This makes your Nite Lite Extreme series light ideal for camping, fishing, or just general use.

Notice, you didn't see it state anything about hunting or coon hunting -- look at what it states it is ideal for.........why do you reckon it doesn't mention ideal for hunting or coon hunting?

Just something to think about.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:36 pm 
IP:
Yeah man. buckshot is right. great for just general use and long battery life.

I owned one for about a day. it came in the mail i plugged it in and noticed one of the LEDs wasnt working so right then i knew i was going to send it back. but i wasnt sure if i was gonna exchange it or just get a refund...

well night time rolled around and i went outside and flipped her on... it was about as bright as any other led flashlight. so i got a refund.

but this past weekend i shot a doe with my bow (first ever bow kill) and it was evening... well i spent the next 45 minutes tracking a deer with a hand held light a little brighter than my cell phone. (deer ran about 50-60 yards) so im prolly gonna buy it agin just for general purpose/deer tracking. haha. maybe i should train one of my hounds to fing downed deer... or just learn how to shoot :P :P

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:08 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Would you say they arre as bright as the 5100 heads or not that bright

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:27 pm 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

You realize the 5100 head does not control the light brightness alone - I am talking about the normal heads?

You have the head hooked up to a battery pack ranging from 6v - 28v and the bulb in the head corresponds to what your volt on battery pack is. The higher the volts, the brighter the light.

With the cheap Nite Lite LED head, your brightness will be the same on 6v as it is 28v -- only thing would be different is burn time. The higher the volts, the longer the burn time.

Again, this head is not designed for coon hunting -- their product info states what the head is good for.

Think of the brightness of a good flashlight -- well the NIte Lite LED head is a hands free flashlight.

Profile  WWW
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:22 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

thanks

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:02 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

I know this is kind of a old post but wasnt the question about the tims hunting supply led instead of the nite lite head? I was wondering about the tech one and tech 2 heads

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:05 am 
IP:
Site Admin
Site Admin

The thread was about the Nite Lite LED Head --- the thread starter changed the subject title (which is why all the post are about the Nite Lite LED head), which I will change back to what this thread was about..............It's a different that apples and oranges what he turned the title about.

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: Re: Nite Lite LED Head
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:41 am 
IP:
do you have a link to the tech 1 & 2 led lamps? i would like to check them out.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:48 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

www.timshuntingsupply.com. Home page

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I purchased one about a week ago. it is the worst thing ive seen! i have a mini mag light from loes that is twice as bright!!! I talked to nite lite and told them that it didnt work and that when i plugged the head into my light that it wouldnt go off. the one i had might have been broken but i couldnt turn one led on at the time. it was like 3,5 and 7!!! hope this helps!!! take it from expierence spend the extra money and get a good head!!!!

PR kj mainstreet ugly (2 first place wins)

*** They gotta be buckers***
****ROCKINKK CATTLE CO.****