It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: the rapture
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:55 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Again.......

Hears my point.....Lets all make sure that if a unbeliever wondered onto this site looking for HOPE and being drawn for God to salvation, that we dont find ourselves turning him or her off with them thinking that, "Man, these Christians are no different than the world, they seem to have no love or care about each other and just seem to argue"

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:04 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

PG.I'm assuming you are talking about my post.I think you have the wrong perception.I have no desire or intention to argue with anyone.I'm merely having a discussion with Charles,a man that I respect and admire very much for his love of God and his Word.Scripture can be a hard thing to understand and I don't see where discussion about it can be a bad thing.Iron sharpens iron.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:20 pm 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

True Blue, I'm Sorry. No not at all. No one post in particular. I am new to the site and was just browsing around. I have been saved now for some 27 years and like you and all on this post really enjoy digging into God's word for the meat and not just milk. We all yes, do need to be like the Bereans ( my Churches name, ha) and seek the word to see if what is being said to us is true.

Anyway, I was just kinda spilling my heart out over what I have seen Christians do to each other over issues that yes, I feel are very important to believers to understand, but at the same time feel we so many times we as God's Chosen appear just like a unsaved coworker, boss, neighbor to the unbeliever, rather than Light in a dark world.

It's kinda like pre trib, mid trib, post trib ...we can all have different points of view and bring out good points from the Bible. BUT when it looks like "HEATED" differences to me than I am sure it looks that way to unsaved folks.... Just my thoughts and not aimed at anyone...

Our life on this earth is way to short for that...... Again so sorry if you took it that way....

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:15 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Trueblue, Thanks for the vote of confidence. Let me say again as I did earlier, this is how I see it. This is the result of 45 years of bible study, BUT that still doesn't make it right. I do believe I am right based upon what I now see in the scriptures. I thought I was right a few times before, but have had to alter those conclusions as the studies progressed and knowledge has increased. However spiritual understanding isn't based upon natural knowledge. Knowledge can often cause one to balk and rebel at the spiritual things of God.
The reason I think that the 1000 years will be a return to Gods original plan, is based on several things. One being the promise to restore that which was lose. Is the 1000 years that time?
In the beginning there was no sin. The bible says that sin is the transgression of the law, not Moses law, but Gods law by which He, (GOD) governs his Kingdom. Man obeyed God totally until the one called the serpent came and tempted Eve and caused her to doubt what God had said. Obedience to the serpents will brought sin into the world. Now for 1000 years, the cause of that temptation is bound, therefore the people are free from his temptations equals, no sin or rebellion to the will of God. Like it was in the beginning before satan was loosed. At the end of the 1000 years he will be loosed again for one last battle with The Righteousness of God. God will defeat him, cast him into the Lake of Fire, and sin will be no more. Does that make any sense?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:28 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Ok.I got you now.Thanks for taking the time to clarify that for me.

Post subject: Rapture?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:13 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

i dont belive in the rapture either what do yall think here i go

Matthew 28:20 ...'lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.' ... Now why would Jesus say He would be with us until the end of the world, if He was going to rapture away His people BEFORE the end of the world? The secret rapture teaching contradicts what Jesus is saying here.

John 6:40 ...'And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.'

John 6:44 ...'No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.'

John 11:24 ...'Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.'

John 12:48 ...'He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:24 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

anyone

Post subject: the rapture
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:29 am 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

jeff anderson wrote:
the word "rapture" is derived from a word i believe in greek. i can't give you chapter and verse ( sorry about that, i think it was from the apostle paul). it talks about the church being "caught up" with Christ. the greek word for caught up is the root of rapture and that's how the word came about. sorry i can't be more specific but it's been awhile since i studied that and my memory isn't what it used to be. actually if i remember right, "rapture" and the root word sound very similar.

It is 1 thessalonians 4:17 is the verse it talks about that

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

pr clarks go hard or go home blue cowboy
pr clarks go hard or go home blue lucy
go visit my website it is gohardorgohomebluetickkennels.weebly.com

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 11:23 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Jesus said that he would return again in like manner and take us so that where he is we may be also. You may know that you have passed from death to everlasting life in God , if you love the brethren, allways lift them up, encourage them if you love them. Praise the Lord, He is worthy. Good hunting guys