CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: The Giant
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:25 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Have the problems of everyday life (loneliness, sickness, discouragement, financial problems, etc.) become a giant in your life?

Look in I Samuel, Chapter 17

Israel had a giant that came out every day to mock their army threaten their people. One morning a ruddy boy called David went to take food to his brothers who were in the army. He saw the giant come out to threaten them.

Although the King and the whole army were afraid of the giant, David knew that God could deliver the people.

The King insisted that David wear his armour to face the giant. David had not proved the King’s armour but he had seen God’s power deliver him from the lion and the bear. David dropped the King’s amour and stepped out armed with a sling shot and a few smooth stones from the brook.

David told the giant that he came with to God’s people with a sword and a spear but I come to you in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel. David took out a stone and slang it into the head of the giant. David smote the Philistine, slew him and took the giant’s own sword and cut off his head.

The giant that confronts you every day is no match for the power of God.

Psalms 50:15
And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

Isaiah 59:1
Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:

I Corinthians 10:13
…God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

No matter how big the giant, God will hear your plea and always make a way for you to overcome. So give your heart and soul to Christ and He will surely make a way for you to overcome the giant.

Thank you for reading,

Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!