CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Dog fight!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:47 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Well I have been hunting this new dog I got for weeks now. I have hunted him with countless other dogs and he has been fine on the tree. The other night a pup was jumping all over him on a tree and nothing not even a growl. So last night we take him out and another dog face barked him right in front of us and it was on they went at it. So we broke them up and the other guy put his dog away and we kept hunting. Well he treed 3 other times with another blue dog and the just minded there own. We drove over to another place and dropped again and the treed again and then again. On the last tree we got up there and the other dog just bumped into him maybe a slight face bark but not intentionally and it was one again. You think he could have just been in a mood from that first dog jumping all down his throat. He has hunted with other dogs and I know that last guy that owned him hunted him in hunts and nothing then 2 in one night. I was planning on entering him in some night hunts but what if I get a face barking dog in my cast. Then they are going to be going at it. What you all think?

Join the forum today and remove this ad!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:37 am 
IP:
Silent Mouth
Silent Mouth

Dont comp hunt him, untill he gets broke or over fighting. If not then you will get scratched.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:57 pm 
IP:
Bawl Mouth
Bawl Mouth

lol sounds like your buddies dog really said somethin that pissed him off. Seems like he's the kinda dog that will mind his own as long as the other dog does too. Still not a good habit though I would sure as hell stand up for myself if someone was talkin smack ;) The only thing I've ever heard of doing is usin a shock collar but really it would seem pointless because you'd always have to be on the ball and watch for the other dogs actions and not your own..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:45 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I still want to comp hunt him and I still am. Thats exactly how he is, if they dont bark at him or be mean to him he is fine. Should I really have tyo sit my dog so I hope I dont get scratched because someone else dog is messing with him. I dont, I just dont knwo what to do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:03 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

From what you said about this dog .Hes a nice one....BUT Id say thats why the guy sold this dog...Id check with UKC first. I bet theres a good chance hes been scratched for fighting in UKC...He doesnt have to start it. But both dogs that get into it most times are scratched.Unless your standing right there and see who starts it.....This is a fault this dog has..You cant hunt him with growly dogs or face barkers....You might beable to break him if you keep a shocker on him at all times....But chances are he will always be like this..You will never be 100% sure hes broke.......A lot of guys that hunt in the hunts like a dog like this..I dont...

Nite Ch Nite Time Cheat
Nite Ch Goose Creek Little Tina (1 w GN)
Ch Wild Rivers Indiana ShowQueen
Wild Rivers Machine Gun Kelly
Wild Rivers Stylish Showgirl (Tide X Queen)
English
Gr Ch Nite Ch 'pr' Twin CK Lady
Wild Rivers Main Street Hooker
Black n Tan
Nite Ch 'pr' Black River Boy (3 w to Grand)
Ch Wild Rivers Whole Lotta Rosie
Wild Rivers Black Pearl

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:07 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Sorry about your luck. If your gonna comp. hunt him your gonna run into dogs that are gonna bump him on tree. Dont let one dog get you in trouble with U.K.C..Theres more of them out there. Good luck with your problem. Brian Davis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:18 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

I think they both faced barked him. And I am sure the first one did. I am just going to hunt him by himself for a little while here and the run him again and see what happens. I have only had him a short time, so new home, new person feeding him, new food everything is new to this dog that could have something to do with it. I knwo he has been comp hunted before so I think he will be fine. I have hunted him a lot with my other dog and the are all over each other on the tree and nothing. So maybe he was just in a mood. I guess ill find out next tiem I hutn him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:19 pm 
IP:
as soon as some growling starts, or if he even acts like he's gonna fight, i'd just kick the hell out of him, and send him on his way, he'll know that you're doing it because he's fighting, he won't think it's because he's treeing something wrong or anything

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:23 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Call UKC and find out if hes been scratched......Dogs like this will do it again..(Its just a matter of time until it happens again)...Like I said before Ill say thats why he sold the dog..........

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:31 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

Chet I called the UKC office and he has never been scratched. He does have 30 points in hunts, so he has been hunted in hunts. I dont know I am just going to let him cool down and see where it goes from there.

Post subject: not my dog
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 11:37 am 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

dog gets into two fights with diff. dogs in one night and its the other TWO dogs fault............maybe so. Thing is anytime you hunt with another dog, chances are there going to shove push and ya-ya each other for position on tree. A all around top hound will back up and tree. I dont wont a hound that leaves for any circumstances (even though a minus is better then being scratched) but he better not EVER START a fight. This kind of hound will finish one and go back to treein but it only happens a few times in his life, not twice in one night. Face barking is going to go on in 90% of your cast, if your hound cant take that kind of pressure, you shouldnt enter him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:29 pm 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Thats good news..Id hunt him with more dogs and see what happens..When the leaves fall off the trees. You dont have as much trouble in the hunts.The slick treedogs usually are not at the fall and spring hunts...You can try him and if he gets into trouble. I wouldnt think twice about withdrawing him..The last thing you want is to get him scratched..But Ill tell you the truth most dogs that make grand nite have been scratched at least once...They have to have back bone to stay at the tree...Good luck with him......Whats his name and whats he out of??????????

Profile  WWW
 Post subject: HERE IS UP CLOSE
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:58 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

---NITECH 'PR' SOUTHERN KNIGHT

--'PR' TIFFIN RIVER BLUE BUTCH

---NITECH 'PR' BUCKSKIN NORTHERN BLUE JILL

-'PR' SUE'S TRUE BLUE BADGER

---GRNITECH 'PR' ADAM'S RIDGE BLUE THUNDER

--CH 'PR' BLANCHARD RIVER TRUE BLUE SUE

---'PR' SUPER BLUE SUE II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:13 am 
IP:
Loose Mouth
Loose Mouth

Ive hunted with Southern knight..A nice dog............

Profile  WWW
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:54 pm 
IP:
Chop Mouth
Chop Mouth

First time back out with him and he did fine. Nothing in the way of aggresivness. Also I didnt mention this before but he was blocked up and hadnt well pooped in 3 days. Today was the first day he pooped. So you think that could have had anything to do wiht it.