CoonDawgs.com Coonhound Classifieds and Message Forum

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:45 pm 
IP:
Tight Mouth
Tight Mouth

Some people don’t believe that God still performs miracle healings. I know from my own personal experience that He does.

In 1984 I tore a ligament in my arm and I also needed a place to preach at that time. As I was praying for a place to preach, I felt the Spirit of God speak to my heart to pray one more time and He would give me a place to preach and heal my arm.

We drove to a small town down the road from our house. As I drove up, an elderly gentleman was trying to get his car started. He was the pastor of the church in that community. I introduced myself to him and offered to help him. I got his car started and he asked me to come back Sunday to preach at his church. As I walked back to my car it felt like a bolt of lightning (it was the spirit of God) went up my arm and I was completely healed. That was 34 years ago and I have never had any trouble with my arm since that day.

The Bible tells us that Jesus paid the price for our healing. The stripes that he took when the Roman soldiers beat him were for our healing.

Isaiah 53:5
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Jesus healed a man with a withered hand.

Mark 3: 1-5
1 And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.
2 And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the Sabbath day; that they might accuse him.
3 And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.
4 And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.
5 And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.

I got a call from the same pastor some years later. He told me that he was no longer able to pastor and that the service I was coming for would be his last service. When we arrived the pastor’s face was drawn, the effects of a stroke that he had suffered. At the beginning of the service we prayed for him and God miraculously healed him. His face became normal and he remained at the church for several more years.

I was driving slowly down the road in our neighborhood one day when a woman ran out to the road and stopped me. She told me that her son was dying. He was bleeding from his mouth and his eyes were rolled back. She had called an ambulance. I went over to the young man and started praying for him. The Spirit of God instantly healed the young man. He did not die and even did not go to the hospital.

Matthew 8: 1 - 10
1 Now when he had ended all his sayings in the audience of the people, he entered into Capernaum.
2 And a certain centurion's servant, who was dear unto him, was sick, and ready to die.
3 And when he heard of Jesus, he sent unto him the elders of the Jews, beseeching him that he would come and heal his servant.
4 And when they came to Jesus, they besought him instantly, saying, That he was worthy for whom he should do this:
5 For he loveth our nation, and he hath built us a synagogue.
6 Then Jesus went with them. And when he was now not far from the house, the centurion sent friends to him, saying unto him, Lord, trouble not thyself: for I am not worthy that thou shouldest enter under my roof:
7 Wherefore neither thought I myself worthy to come unto thee: but say in a word, and my servant shall be healed.
8 For I also am a man set under authority, having under me soldiers, and I say unto one, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
9 When Jesus heard these things, he marvelled at him, and turned him about, and said unto the people that followed him, I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
10 And they that were sent, returning to the house, found the servant whole that had been sick.

If there is anyone reading this who needs healing, just have faith in God. Call upon him in the name of Jesus for by His stripes we are healed.

James 5:14-15
14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:
15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

Thank you for reading and may God bless you,
Don

Join the forum today and remove this ad!